What is the difference betwen Bristol Palin and Jamie Lynn Spears?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
I ask this question NOT to disparage Bristol. I have NO problem with her being pregnant. Hell my own sister gave birth at 17. I know shit happens. No big to me.

My question is WHY should SARAH PALIN be treated ANY differently than Jamie Lynn's mother was when it was announced the Jamie was pregnant?

what, you may ask, made me ask this question? well this article did:

Bonnie Fuller: Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant At 16: Is Lynne Spears An Even Worse Mother Than Britney?

here are snips to consider from that article:

Lynne Spears, what were you thinking? Or not thinking and not doing? Did you never sit down with either of your daughters—Britney, now just turned 26, and the divorced mother of two toddlers or Jamie Lynn, 16 and now three months pregnant—and give them The Talk?

You know the one, where mothers warn their daughters about the dangers of unprotected sex: as in, you can get pregnant if you don't use contraception and you can contract any one of a number of dangerous sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.

I guess the same question COULD be asked of Sarah Palin couldn't it?

Or were you too busy pushing their careers to ever have this heart-to-heart with them? Were you too tied up lining up meetings with record company executives, TV networks, publicists and tour managers to check on whether you were instilling personal values and self-esteem in your daughters?

obviously Sarah Palin wasn't pushing Bristol's career BUT could she have been to busy pushing her own?

And what kind of mother upon hearing the news that her 16-year-old daughter is knocked up, reacts by picking up the phone and negotiating to get her daughter's photo plastered on the cover of a magazine with a tell-all interview by the daughter and herself inside?

and what kind of mother, upon learning her daughter is pregnant, thinks it's a good idea to run for VICE PRESIDENT of the United States of America, placing her daughter, UNNECESSARILY, in the national spotlight!

Just some food for thought.

of course neither Huffington Post or ANY conservative asshat who dared speak ill of Jamie Lynn AND her mother will admit the hypocrisy in this situation.

Where were the congrats and praise for Jamie in keep her child?

*crickets*

The only people who gave two shits about Jamie Lynn were TMZ, The Superficial, and celebrity-worshipping liberals.

google-search-epic-fail.jpg

Here's Bill O' on Jamie Lynn ...

On the pinhead front, 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. The sister of Britney says she is shocked. I bet.

Now most teens are pinheads in some ways. But here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her or even over Britney Spears. Look at the way she behaves.

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

What is the similarities between Anna Nicole Smith and the thread starter?

1. Intelligence. Lack thereof.
2. Both are from Florida.
3. Drug use.
4. Last, seriously in need of a life.

The only people who gave two shits about Jamie Lynn were TMZ, The Superficial, and celebrity-worshipping liberals.

well Sarah Palin is a celebrity now so why shouldn't we care about this one too? :lol: all joking aside

I'm talking about the media's HARSH criticism of LYNN SPEARS not anything to do with Jamie Lynn herself, you know, much the way MOST of us are discussing this issue in terms of what it means FOR SARAH PALIN!

"Don't make a big election about small things" :badgrin:

Keep it up guys. We really need the GOP base to rock the vote.

I find this situation ironic to be honest. If Obama had a 17 year old daughter, you can bet the bank that the GOP right wingers would be coming out in full force talking about these family values,etc.

However, since it's one of their own who happens to be running for VP, the daughter is "brave" for her choice. :eusa_whistle:

I'm willing to bet the bank that she doesn't have a choice and she is going to be getting married to this guy if she wants to or not. Can you imagine how the right wing would react to Palin if she allowed her daughter to get a abortion or she was a single mother?

They'd be calling for her head on a pike. :booze:

What is the similarities between Anna Nicole Smith and the thread starter?

1. Intelligence. Lack thereof.
2. Both are from Florida.
3. Drug use.
4. Last, seriously in need of a life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would neg rep you but you actually made me laugh so....

it's nice that someone with two posts knows so much about me already.

and btw, Anna Nicole died in Florida but she was FROM Texas dumbfuck!

well Sarah Palin is a celebrity now so why shouldn't we care about this one too? :lol: all joking aside

I'm talking about the media's HARSH criticism of LYNN SPEARS not anything to do with Jamie Lynn herself, you know, much the way MOST of us are discussing this issue in terms of what it means FOR SARAH PALIN!

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. ... God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." ... "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye." ... "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." ... "We started the AIDS virus ... as a means of genocide against people of color." --Barack Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in various sermons. Good judgment by Obama by sticking 10 years with this guy.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. ... God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." ... "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye." ... "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." ... "We started the AIDS virus ... as a means of genocide against people of color." --Barack Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in various sermons. Good judgment by Obama by sticking 10 years with this guy.

:offtopic: <<< Yeah that

I find this situation ironic to be honest. If Obama had a 17 year old daughter, you can bet the bank that the GOP right wingers would be coming out in full force talking about these family values,etc.

However, since it's one of their own who happens to be running for VP, the daughter is "brave" for her choice. :eusa_whistle:

I'm willing to bet the bank that she doesn't have a choice and she is going to be getting married to this guy if she wants to or not. Can you imagine how the right wing would react to Palin if she allowed her daughter to get a abortion or she was a single mother?

I actually think you are pretty close to right---The exact nature of both parties stances are vague enough to where either side can trash the other side for doing the same thing yet pretend they are not hypocrites. No one can claim any high road--that's for damn sure.

To be fair, Jamie Lynn's older sister didn't exactly set a clean table for her if you know what I mean ...

It's like having an older sibling's bad rep follow you in school ... you end up having some teachers asking you, "are you so and so's brother/sister," and then treating you as if you were the bad one ...

Bill's not a Conservative.

There may be a smattering of RINOs in the media who condemned her, but other than that it was fodder for selling tabloids to fat housewives at the grocery store and little else.

Flip this situation and make it Obama's pregnant 17 year old and the right would be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich ...

I actually think you are pretty close to right---The exact nature of both parties stances are vague enough to where either side can trash the other side for doing the same thing yet pretend they are not hypocrites. No one can claim any high road--that's for damn sure.

thank you for at least admitting this reality!

Bristol Palin is a young woman who IS making a tough and brave decision, one that is made far more difficult by the spotlight that has been placed on her. I find that unforunate and I hold HER MOTHER accountable for THAT situation.

probably true. barack hussein obama has the media on his side, i couldn't see it blown to this proportion.

Forum List

Back