what is the difference between the christian and islamic take over

blu

Sep 21, 2009
As per thread title, what is the difference between how Christianity took over the world and how islamic radicals are attempting it?

Both told/tell people to convert or die (Christians used slavery as well)
Both kill/killed "infidels"
Both enforced totalitarian regimes over the now "converted" people
Both had large amounts of financing, arms, etc
Both promised rewards to those who converted people/captured land (both in this life and after)
Both integrated the religion into government law and disobedience is/was death
Both had a twisted view on their religion's text
Both engaged in guerrilla type warfare for most battle efforts

I really don't see the difference, and personally it would make sense to me, if I was a radical muslim, to go with a plan that has already worked so well.

As per thread title, what is the difference between how Christianity took over the world and how islamic radicals are attempting it?

Both promised rewards to those who converted people/captured land (both in this life and after)

I really don't see the difference, and personally it would make sense to me, if I was a radical muslim, to go with a plan that has already worked so well.

The radical Muslims across the world want to kill or convert by force us infidels. The radicals don't believe what they are doing is wrong.

As to Christianity, bad things have been done in the past. However, to my knowledge, Christianity as a belief system in and of itself, does not condone or practice wanting to kill people or enslave them, just because others are of a different belief.

The radical Muslims across the world want to kill or convert by force us infidels. The radicals don't believe what they are doing is wrong.

As to Christianity, bad things have been done in the past. However, to my knowledge, Christianity as a belief system in and of itself, does not condone or practice wanting to kill people or enslave them, just because others are of a different belief.

I know what the bible etc says (went to catholic school for 12 years), but to radicals it really doesn't matter the intention of the book, they will twist it however they want. I wasn't really meaning to bring up if the actions are justified by the bible or koran. I was getting at it how Christianity forced its religion world wide and the similar tactics muslims are using to do it.

Sharia Law is not compatible within a Republic, much less civilized society.

What is the point of the thread? It is not hard to find similarities of some kind, when you are speaking of out of balance radical ideology, regardless of the sect.

I know what the bible etc says (went to catholic school for 12 years), but to radicals it really doesn't matter the intention of the book, they will twist it however they want. I wasn't really meaning to bring up if the actions are justified by the bible or koran. I was getting at it how Christianity forced its religion world wide and the similar tactics muslims are using to do it.

Christianity has never forced itself on the rest of the world. Some men in the name of faith have tried to do such. Big difference.

how did "christianity force" anything? christianity is not a person, or government...you wanna tell me how that works?

The big difference is that Christians aren't trying to do it in the 21st century whereas Muslim fundamentalist extremists are harking back to the 7th century, or the 14th century if they are more progressive fundamentalist extremists.

Christianity has never forced itself on the rest of the world.

I am sure that hundreds of millions of Native Americans, Aztec people of Mexico, Latin Americans, all of South America, and large parts of Africia, would disagree with your statement.

If they did so, they would be wrong. An ideology cannot force itself on a human being. Try extrapolating ideology from personal accountability.

I've never heard an Indian say "I hate Christianity because of what it did to my people."

Ever.

Christianity has never forced itself on the rest of the world. Some men in the name of faith have tried to do such. Big difference.

so, why are THEY NOT merely "some men in the name of faith"? Your claim that christianity has never forced itself is just farcical.

Christ taught peace. In fact, he taught that it wasn't good enough to love your neighbor, anybody can do that, WE have to love our enemies as well.

Christianity has NEVER taken over the world. The catholic church has supported some cruel things, but never ever confuse that with Christianity. The crusades were started by the muslims...the christians responded, both acted wrongly. The difference is, the Christians were provoked.

At one time, the muslims had taken over 1/2 of Europe....and they weren't kind and didn't take POWs. The men were killed the women were raped, and those women that weren't killed, became slaves to the men who captured them, however, the preference was to KILL them.

You want to know the big difference? People who go to war in Christ's name are going against his teachings. People who go to war in Muhammad's name are following his teachings...that should make it easy for you.

I've never heard an Indian say "I hate Christianity because of what it did to my people."

Ever.
I grew up and lived in Oklahoma for many years.

It has the second largest native american population of any state.

Many Indians I personally know are still bitter about the white man's taking of their land and the christian religion that was forced on them.

Interesting foot note: they ALL hate John Wayne with a passion :lol:

Last edited:
The difference is that muslims still use the sword, and christians don't, when it comes to evangelizing.
As an atheist, I'll take my chances with christians.

Europeans were able to throw off the yoke of the church (for many reasons). Middle Easterners were not able to do that. The church has had it's inquisitions and it's slaughters.

Listen to American Evangelicals such as Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson. If they have the opportunity to enslave women, kill the gays and make Christian law, the law of the land, they would gleefully do it.

I watched Pat on the 700 Club say that he is not advocating the overthrow of the government, but if we could make Christianity the law of the land and force everyone to become Christian, all of our problems would go away.

In all Islamic theocracies, it's illegal to teach the science of evolution. Because when it comes to creation, Islam and Christianity have the same beliefs. You can't teach modern biology, physiology and botany without touching on evolution. Many Christians disagree with that because many believe that science is actually a competing faith.

Our laws protect us the from followers of Jesus, but remove enough of those laws and we will have real problems.

Ever.
I grew up and lived in Oklahoma for many years.

It has the second largest native american population of any state.

Many Indians I personally know are still bitter about the white man's taking of their land and the christian religion that was forced on them.

Interesting foot note: they ALL hate John Wayne with a passion :lol:

Makes sense, blacks don't care for Johnny Wisemiller, at least those old enough to remember the old Tarzan movies.

I grew up in Montana, and there were several reservations for Native Americans there. I also had several friends who were Native American. I had friends who were Sioux, Blackfoot, Kootenai as well as Crow. One of the main things that the elders complained about quite often was the fact that their old ways of doing things and praying were being eroded and replaced by Christianity and the white man's way of doing things.

Yes........there are some pissed off Native Americans because of what the white man and Christianity has done to their way of life and traditions.

The difference is that muslims still use the sword, and christians don't, when it comes to evangelizing.
As an atheist, I'll take my chances with christians.

Europeans were able to throw off the yoke of the church (for many reasons). Middle Easterners were not able to do that. The church has had it's inquisitions and it's slaughters.

Listen to American Evangelicals such as Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson. If they have the opportunity to enslave women, kill the gays and make Christian law, the law of the land, they would gleefully do it.

I watched Pat on the 700 Club say that he is not advocating the overthrow of the government, but if we could make Christianity the law of the land and force everyone to become Christian, all of our problems would go away.

In all Islamic theocracies, it's illegal to teach the science of evolution. Because when it comes to creation, Islam and Christianity have the same beliefs. You can't teach modern biology, physiology and botany without touching on evolution. Many Christians disagree with that because many believe that science is actually a competing faith.

Our laws protect us the from followers of Jesus, but remove enough of those laws and we will have real problems.

Mentioning Phelps just makes you look like an idiot. Other than the MSM, have you ever met somebody, anybody, that gave that clan any credence?

Forum List

Back