what is the difference between sex and making love?

Well, you can be telling a story to your bud, and say, if you were on vacation... long story short. and then we had wild sex. If your man never told a story like that to a bud, well... he ain't prolly very manly.

Well, you can be telling a story to your bud, and say, if you were on vacation... long story short. and then we had wild sex. If your man never told a story like that to a bud, well... he ain't prolly very manly.

Not true. I know some very, extremely, completely, totally "manly" men who don't kiss(or whatever) and tell. They think it's no one elses' business. And they're right.

It's kind of like some of the guys I met who competed in the rodeo. Some weekend warriors bragged to every girl they'd meet, had the biggest, shiniest buckles, etc. Then there were the quietly confident ones that didn't make a big noise, wore a trophy buckle that wasn't all shiny, but they earned it.

If you have to tell people who you are and what you think you've done - you ain't all that. If you can make the ride - other people know who you are already and they know what you've done. :cool:

I'll go ahead and live over here in the real world and let you enjoy that fantasy island trip you are on. If your buds are busy telling you what kind of a hot piece of ass their wife is then I'd bet that a divorce is looming. Thats not the kind of information i'd relay even to my best of friends. It has nothing to do with being manly; it's about respecting your love interest and yourself for developing a relationship with someone above and beyond "chick at the bar who let me drink a body shot off of her" level.

:thup:

I'm just saying that a real guy would never say to his buds: hey guys, we made love last night. It's ya, I had sex with her.

Ah the difference between men and women. I know very few women, myself included that would claim to have had sex for fun, but didn't much care for the guy. We all disseminate what we will in real life.

Easier to be 'real' regarding this type of topic here. On the other hand, I'm much more real about politics in real life. ;)

Anecdotal. I can assure you there are lots of women going around having sex just for fun. :eusa_shhh: And, don't really care anything for the guy. Happens ALL THE TIME and twice on Sunday.....

Not true. I know some very, extremely, completely, totally "manly" men who don't kiss(or whatever) and tell. They think it's no one elses' business. And they're right.

It's kind of like some of the guys I met who competed in the rodeo. Some weekend warriors bragged to every girl they'd meet, had the biggest, shiniest buckles, etc. Then there were the quietly confident ones that didn't make a big noise, wore a trophy buckle that wasn't all shiny, but they earned it.

If you have to tell people who you are and what you think you've done - you ain't all that. If you can make the ride - other people know who you are already and they know what you've done. :cool:

His opinion is rooted in insecurity anyway. If he needs validation from friends to justify a sexual conquest with a woman he loves then, chances are, he's got self esteem issues to deal with.

I'm just saying that a real guy would never say to his buds: hey guys, we made love last night. It's ya, I had sex with her.

Ah the difference between men and women. I know very few women, myself included that would claim to have had sex for fun, but didn't much care for the guy. We all disseminate what we will in real life.

Easier to be 'real' regarding this type of topic here. On the other hand, I'm much more real about politics in real life. ;)

I think the flaw in his statement, which I'm hoping was tongue in cheek anyway, is that a man in love won't generally go to his friends and even talk about how he conquered the pussy of his emotionally attached partner like he will a one night stand. Such statements cheapen not only the object of his affection but also the foundation of his emotional ties to her.
You are proving my point. Guys in 'real life' don't spill regarding those they are 'intimate with', rather those they have sex with. Women on the other hand, 'never' just have sex, they always make love. Not.

I dont question the female libido. I know quite a few gals who enjoy fucking as much as I do.

Man, you folks are a buncha weenies. Eve, your guy only says he's got too must respect... blah, blah, blah. He's pulling your chain. Guys for sure won't go on and on about their wife who gives them the same old, same old.
All I'm really saying is that guy would never say "I made love", that's a chick thing. As for what guys talk about when out drinking with buds, you chicks wouldn't have a clue, now would you?

I dont question the female libido. I know quite a few gals who enjoy fucking as much as I do.

Indeed. On the other hand, nice girls do only for love. Then there are the 'less than nice girls', be they feminists, divorcees, widows, that know which are which.

I'm betting you are either younger than 30 or have never been in a committed, emotional relationship. Or, you are a chick who is a bit bitter about your previous experience and are generalizing. Either way.

:cookoo:

I'm not saying I talk about that shit every fucking day, but it's happened, that's all. And you're wrong on all counts. I've been in a "commited" (but unmarried) relationship with a hot woman who can still do it in the hot sex department, for the past almost 20 years and we have 2 teenage daughters.

Indeed. On the other hand, nice girls do only for love. Then there are the 'less than nice girls', be they feminists, divorcees, widows, that know which are which.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTblJlTUX4]YouTube - Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)[/ame]

Man, you folks are a buncha weenies. Eve, your guy only says he's got too must respect... blah, blah, blah. He's pulling your chain. Guys for sure won't go on and on about their wife who gives them the same old, same old.
All I'm really saying is that guy would never say "I made love", that's a chick thing. As for what guys talk about when out drinking with buds, you chicks wouldn't have a clue, now would you?

hmmm since i am the one always told "you'r such a guy" i think i know what men discuss...car, planes, their dogs, drinking...pussy...more drinking...sports....fast cars, fast boats, fast planes and fast women....and i assure you i have heard words fall out of men's mouths that simply amaze me...

as for no man saying we made love.....your wrong....men can be very passionate and sensitive...one night myself and da man found ourselves watching the sunset on the parkway....on top of the ridge...we end up making love...when we finished...it was dark...and he said..."you are so good the stars came out to watch" he got points for that....matter of fact you want to see a damn good fist fight...mock a woman a man truly loves...go on....do it

I'm betting you are either younger than 30 or have never been in a committed, emotional relationship. Or, you are a chick who is a bit bitter about your previous experience and are generalizing. Either way.

Hey Sho, to whom are you responding here?

""you are so good the stars came out to watch"" i think that line goes back to a Bob Hope movie of 1933, lol. He gets points for remembering the line? Wonder how many times he's used it? :D

He was still prolly thinking, great sex, not great making of love.

I think the flaw in his statement, which I'm hoping was tongue in cheek anyway, is that a man in love won't generally go to his friends and even talk about how he conquered the pussy of his emotionally attached partner like he will a one night stand. Such statements cheapen not only the object of his affection but also the foundation of his emotional ties to her.
You are proving my point. Guys in 'real life' don't spill regarding those they are 'intimate with', rather those they have sex with. Women on the other hand, 'never' just have sex, they always make love. Not.

It always depends on the situation. There are women I've had sex with that I would never talk about and there are some I've been intimate with that I would be much less reticent in talking about. It really depends on some combination of her and my situation vis-a-vis our having had relations and who the audience might be.

Hey Sho, to whom are you responding here?

the the guy who responded.

Forum List

Back