What is the difference between Palestinians and Islamic state

Does the Palestinians like IS(Islamic State)

• Total voters

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
Hello.

I Find this question very troubling so instead of starting with my perspective I wonder where this debate will go to.

Thank you.

I think he/she means ISIS.

The difference? Ideologically, next to nothing. If ever the Palestinian and Israeli Arab demographics were to grow preponderant to the Israeli Jews (khas'vakhalilah), then the scenes we see happening to Yazidis and Christians in Iraq would be replicated in Israel.

Strategically and tactically? ISIS probably viewsthe relationship between Hamas (and the PIJ) and Iran with disdain. Hamas is also far less concerned about a global caliphate at the moment in contrast to wiping out Eretz Yisrael.

Theyre-all-the-same.jpg

Hello.

I Find this question very troubling so instead of starting with my perspective I wonder where this debate will go to.

Thank you.
No difference between Hamas and ISIS. Same Islamic scum, different geographical location.

ChrisL, Daniyel, et al,

The Islamic State (IS) and the State of Palestine (SoP) are two separate and distinct entities. The SoP is a de jure (as a matter of law) sovereign state in the Levant, recognized and legitimized by a majority of the community of nations. The IS [Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (AKA: ISIL,ISIS)] is a self-proclaimed Caliphate and unrecognized state formed by the consolidation of various jihadist and insurgency remnants.

Hello.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean? I thought Palestine was an Islamic state?
(COMMENT)

The SoP is a quasi-Parliamentary Democracy --- an unfulfilled political system in which the Palestinian Legislative Council, through a direct general election, adopted a Basic Law under which the government is selected. The SoP is coalition formed (HAMAS + Fatah) government and establishes a dual responsibility: to the people as well as to the parliament. The Basic Law set the rule of law, a balance between the executive, legislative and judicial branches, and draw lines between their respective jurisdictions; with the Legislative Council holding the authority to amend the Basic Law.

It should be noticed that many distinct governments have similarities.
  • SoP: Basic Law represents the collective conscience of our people, including its spiritual components (Islam). The Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS): By adopting Islam as its way of life, the Movement goes back to the time of the birth of the Islamic message,
  • IS: Established a supreme religious and political leader known as a caliph, resting on Islamic Law.

Most Respectfully,
R

Well, I would say that not all Palestinians are subhuman, but the subhumans certainly do dominate. Any culture that devotes so much energy towards wanting to kill people because of their ethnicity is sick, indeed.

I would say that they are quite like ISIS, however, due to their focus. There hasn't been any wholesale slaughter of Christian Palestinians (what few of them are left), as it's really more about killing Jews than anything else.

ChrisL, Daniyel, et al,

The Islamic State (IS) and the State of Palestine (SoP) are two separate and distinct entities. The SoP is a de jure (as a matter of law) sovereign state in the Levant, recognized and legitimized by a majority of the community of nations. The IS [Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (AKA: ISIL,ISIS)] is a self-proclaimed Caliphate and unrecognized state formed by the consolidation of various jihadist and insurgency remnants.

Hello.

Thank you.

(COMMENT)

The SoP is a quasi-Parliamentary Democracy --- an unfulfilled political system in which the Palestinian Legislative Council, through a direct general election, adopted a Basic Law under which the government is selected. The SoP is coalition formed (HAMAS + Fatah) government and establishes a dual responsibility: to the people as well as to the parliament. The Basic Law set the rule of law, a balance between the executive, legislative and judicial branches, and draw lines between their respective jurisdictions; with the Legislative Council holding the authority to amend the Basic Law.

• SoP: Basic Law represents the collective conscience of our people, including its spiritual components (Islam). The Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS): By adopting Islam as its way of life, the Movement goes back to the time of the birth of the Islamic message,
  • IS: Established a supreme religious and political leader known as a caliph, resting on Islamic Law.

Most Respectfully,
R

Okay, thanks, but I still don't see that much difference when speaking about beliefs. They basically hold the same beliefs, correct? They both want to see Sharia laws practiced and enforced. I'm not concerned about them "hooking up" or anything, as I think ISIS has bigger fish to fry, and I don't really think that Palestine/Gaza is really on their radar at all.

I think until a Palestinian State is established it's impossible to answer what it will end up like. There are many Muslim states far less barbaric than the so-called IS that a Palestinian state is more likely to modeled after.

IS is noted for a barbaric totalitarian regime that enforces the strictest possible versions of Sharia. In addition, they force not only non-Muslims, but Muslims who don't adhere to the right brand to convert or be murdered. None of that is part of "Sharia". They rape, pillage, and force women and girls into slavery. They reject all western education and any education for girls. I really don't see that level of extremism in the Palestinians - nor the desire for it. Palestinians are fairly well educated.

ChrisL, Daniyel, et al,

Hello.

Thank you.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Both ISIS and Hamas are Islamic supremacist terrorist groups who are trying to establish their own version of "an Islamic Khalifate ruled by Shariah law", in a different geographical area.

I think until a Palestinian State is established it's impossible to answer what it will end up like. There are many Muslim states far less barbaric than the so-called IS that a Palestinian state is more likely to modeled after.

Even so, you know that beheading is a perfectly acceptable form of execution as capital punishment for the crimes for which it is allegedly warranted in the likes of Qatar, Yemen, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E., dear.

That still makes all of those "moderate" states pretty frick'n barbaric in the collective perspective of most of us Westerners.

Even so, you know that beheading is a perfectly acceptable form of execution as capital punishment for the crimes for which it is allegedly warranted in the likes of Qatar, Yemen, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E., dear.

That still makes all of those "moderate" states pretty frick'n barbaric in the collective perspective of most of us Westerners.

Capital punishment is barbaric imo - regardless of the form it takes.

Nothing the Palestinians seem to want for their state come close to ISIS in extremism and I think the comparisons are designed to further demonize the Palestinian cause. It's like people making cheap comparisons to the Holocaust.

(only 3 countries actually have beheading on the books, Saudi Arabia, and 2 others in Africa)

sticks and stones may break my bones but awwww hell no — it's a frick'n shart!!! said:

coyote said:

Yet the Qu'ran advocates it. And you are Muslim, yes?

coyote said:
Nothing the Palestinians seem to want for their state come close to ISIS in extremism and I think the comparisons are designed to further demonize the Palestinian cause. It's like people making cheap comparisons to the Holocaust.

(only 3 countries actually have beheading on the books, Saudi Arabia, and 2 others in Africa)

For capital murder cases?

Nothing?

In Hamas charter, they state quite clearly that they seek to kill Jews "until they hide behind rocks and trees"

If you consider negative reactions to these ambitions of genocide to be "demonization", you need to reconsider.

sticks and stones may break my bones but awwww hell no — it's a frick'n shart!!! said:

coyote said:

And the Bible advocates stoning. So what? Those were the punishments given out at that time. No lethal injection I'm afraid. And no.

coyote said:

I don't know. The death penalty is applied for a variety of offenses depending on the countries involved.

Nothing?

In Hamas charter, they state quite clearly that they seek to kill Jews "until they hide behind rocks and trees"

If you consider negative reactions to these ambitions of genocide to be "demonization", you need to reconsider.

That's Hamas. And it's a long way from what could become a state and how the state will be set up. A very long way. Which is why it's kind of foolish to make comparisons with IS unless the purpose is to demonize.

One difference is that Hamas is not very bright and therefore less successful than ISIS.

The main difference however, is that Hamas chooses to fight Israel and will never win. :)

coyote said:

the shart will rise again said:

coyote said:
And the Bible advocates stoning. So what? Those were the punishments given out at that time. No lethal injection I'm afraid. And no.

We're not talking about the barbarity of Judeo-Christian states: per your own instigation of this particular chain, we're talking about the barbarity of Muslim states.

coyote said:

it's a bird! it's a plane! Awwww hell no — it's a frick'n shart!!! said:

coyote said:
I don't know. The death penalty is applied for a variety of offenses depending on the countries involved.

Which perfectly demonstrates the barbarity of Muslim theocracies, see.

The only crime which warrants the death penalty in Western states is murder. :thup:

Forum List

Back