What is the difference between Obama Care & Romney's Massachusetts Free Health Care

Was it a FEDERAL mandate?

I don't understand why Romney apologists think this makes it "OK". Wrong on a smaller scale is still wrong. Romney still doesn't get this and still defends the mandate. If he can't understand why it's wrong, I don't want him to be president. We've already got a corporatist jerkoff who doesn't respect freedom.

I don't understand why Romney apologists think this makes it "OK". Wrong on a smaller scale is still wrong. Romney still doesn't get this and still defends the mandate. If he can't understand why it's wrong, I don't want him to be president. We've already got a corporatist jerkoff who doesn't respect freedom.

it's the most basic component of our nation.

A state elected people to represent them.
These representatives passed a state-run health care system.

Sates' Rights 101, really

Yeah. I get state's rights. But it's irrelevant, other than as an lame excuse for Romney's lack of principles.

Yeah, well, we elected people to represent us at the federal level. Those representatives pass a federal-run health care system. Same shit.

The Federalism/State's Rights argument is a weak-assed excuse for the fact that the Republicans have nominated a candidate who has virtually the same views as the sitting president on his most destructive policy initiative. I honestly don't see how Republicans can oppose PPACA with a straight face given the farcical reaility that their candidate for president championed it in the past, passed it in his own state, and still defends it as an accomplishment.

You're asking opponents of PPACA to support the one politician in the country who actually beat Obama to the punch on the campaign to take over health care with government. It's pretty insane when you back up a couple of steps, don't you think?

As we have seen in the news Romney's aide getting slammed for what I feel she was probably thrown out there in a scramble to say something and of coarse she got it wrong. Poor thing.

What is the difference between the 2 plans, it does seem to be working for the State I believe.

My husband and I are paying for our own health insurance which is killing us as a small business owner.
I am thankful for it because I have been through hell this past year with breast cancer even with insurance our deductible is $6000.00 plus but with all the test, major surgery and chemo I am sure its been way over $100.000.00 and another surgery coming up.

I don't think the Obama care will help me personally, but I can not imagine not being able to have the right kind of care when your diagnosed with something as I did.

The difference is that with Romney's plan, you could move out of state to get away from it.

As we have seen in the news Romney's aide getting slammed for what I feel she was probably thrown out there in a scramble to say something and of coarse she got it wrong. Poor thing.

What is the difference between the 2 plans, it does seem to be working for the State I believe.

My husband and I are paying for our own health insurance which is killing us as a small business owner.
I am thankful for it because I have been through hell this past year with breast cancer even with insurance our deductible is $6000.00 plus but with all the test, major surgery and chemo I am sure its been way over $100.000.00 and another surgery coming up.

I don't think the Obama care will help me personally, but I can not imagine not being able to have the right kind of care when your diagnosed with something as I did.

The difference is that with Romney's plan, you could move out of state to get away from it.

And with Obama's plan, you could move out of the country to get away from it. The principle is the same, only the scope is different.

And with Obama's plan, you could move out of the country to get away from it. The principle is the same, only the scope is different.

This post doesn't deserve a response other than this:

You're an idiot.

One is a state program. The other a federal one. Not rocket science.

This post doesn't deserve a response other than this:

You're an idiot.

If that's all ya got - if you want to bury your head and ignore the fact that the principle IS exactly the same, and that only the scope is different, then go with the 'idiot' line.

Last edited:
Somebody refresh my memory: what is the distinction between state law and federal law when it comes to health reform that makes one good and the other bad?

Before June the rationale used to be that Romneycare was unconstitutional on a national scale, but now we know that's not so.

This is presumably why Romney himself has largely stopped making this distinction. But many of you folks are still making it so, if you would, help me out: what's your point? What's the significance of the distinction being drawn?

Somebody refresh my memory: what is the distinction between state law and federal law when it comes to health reform that makes one good and the other bad?

Before June the rationale used to be that Romneycare was unconstitutional on a national scale, but now we know that's not so.

This is presumably why Romney himself has largely stopped making this distinction. But many of you folks are still making it so, if you would, help me out: what's your point? What's the significance of the distinction being drawn?

It's called FEDERALISM. One of the key concepts in Federalism is the idea of "laboratories of democracy".

One huge difference is that the Massachusettes plan did not apply to anyone living outside the state.

No health care basically equals death.

And Romney's plan to repeal ObamaCare will essentially kick off some 30 million Americans from being able to afford to get care.

Which will kill a good amount of them.

Repeal = Death.

Simple as that.

Absolute bullshit. With a significant amount of hysteria mixed in. How did those 30,000,000 survive prior to obammycare? According to your idiotic understanding, they should have died.

It's a government controlling people and killing freedom. Who cares what level it is? It's wrong regardless and flies in the face of liberty.

Just because a state has a right to do something, doesn't mean it has to be supported. The states rights argument works much better when we use it to justify a state disregarding a federal atrocity and granting more freedom to its people...not to justify taking freedom away.

Forum List

Back