What is the difference between Obama Care & Romney's Massachusetts Free Health Care

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
As we have seen in the news Romney's aide getting slammed for what I feel she was probably thrown out there in a scramble to say something and of coarse she got it wrong. Poor thing.

What is the difference between the 2 plans, it does seem to be working for the State I believe.

My husband and I are paying for our own health insurance which is killing us as a small business owner.
I am thankful for it because I have been through hell this past year with breast cancer even with insurance our deductible is $6000.00 plus but with all the test, major surgery and chemo I am sure its been way over $100.000.00 and another surgery coming up.

I don't think the Obama care will help me personally, but I can not imagine not being able to have the right kind of care when your diagnosed with something as I did.

Nothing. Romney wants to claim there is but there isn't. Obama got his idea for government forced healthcare from Romney's plan in Mass. Just another thing Obama and Romney have in common.

One is at the state level, one is at the federal level. That's about it. The principle behind each is the same - that the government has power to tell you how to deal with your health care expenses.

The sick irony of it all is that the people pushing the hardest for this kind of corporatist "reform" have manipulated things such that the supposed "alternative" to voting for Obama (and implicitly endorsing Obamacare) is to vote for Romney (and implicitly endorse Romneycare). Some of us hope this will inspire more people to give up on the Democrat/Republican nonsense, but it's a slim hope. Not many people willing to give up on that puppet show.

Back when Obama was looking at the robmoney HC plan robmoney thought it was a great idea nationally

Romney vetoed several sections of the Mass healthcare law but was overridden by the legislature. He certainly couldn't stop it from passing if he tried.

No health care basically equals death.

And Romney's plan to repeal ObamaCare will essentially kick off some 30 million Americans from being able to afford to get care.

Which will kill a good amount of them.

Repeal = Death.

Simple as that.

Romney vetoed several sections of the Mass healthcare law but was overridden by the legislature. He certainly couldn't stop it from passing if he tried.

Oh so now he didn't want it in Massachusettes?

That isn't what he's been saying. In fact..before the present "iteration" of Romney..the "old" Romney of 2008 was suggesting that the President use "his" model for national healthcare.

As we have seen in the news Romney's aide getting slammed for what I feel she was probably thrown out there in a scramble to say something and of coarse she got it wrong. Poor thing.

What is the difference between the 2 plans, it does seem to be working for the State I believe.

My husband and I are paying for our own health insurance which is killing us as a small business owner.
I am thankful for it because I have been through hell this past year with breast cancer even with insurance our deductible is $6000.00 plus but with all the test, major surgery and chemo I am sure its been way over $100.000.00 and another surgery coming up.

I don't think the Obama care will help me personally, but I can not imagine not being able to have the right kind of care when your diagnosed with something as I did.

Good luck.

And Romney's plan to repeal ObamaCare will essentially kick off some 30 million Americans from being able to afford to get care.

Repeal = Death.

Simple as that.

Don't sweat it. He won't touch the core of Obamacare. At best he'll poke in a few token tweaks - just enough that he can claim he 'tried' - and move on. Obviously, he's behind the gist of it.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmY9CqR_lo]RomneyCare Mitt Romney CAUGHT advocating a National Plan with a Federal Individual Mandate - YouTube[/ame]

then he lied about what he said.

Did he veto the mandate portion? (Hint: No, he didn't. He defended it. Still does.)

Back when Obama was looking at the robmoney HC plan robmoney thought it was a great idea nationally

Yep. And that's what Obama did. So we got Obamarobmoneycare. You dems must be so proud!

and what part of it do you NOT like?

I don't think there are any 'parts' I do like. The mandates, both on individuals and businesses, to buy insurance are the most egregious in terms of rights violations, but even without those it's a corporatist nightmare.

The people of Massachusettes demanded state managed health care and Romney devised a plan. Like Oregon did. If the people of Massachusettes (or Oregon for that matter) don't like it, they can change it to make it work for them.

obamacare is imposed on the nation, no one got a chance to vote on it or consider it. In Massachusettes the people get to configure a plan that suits them. In obamacare the people of Wyoming get a plan suitable to the slums of DC and had nothing whatsoever to do with them.

The people of Massachusettes demanded state managed health care and Romney devised a plan. Like Oregon did. If the people of Massachusettes (or Oregon for that matter) don't like it, they can change it to make it work for them.

obamacare is imposed on the nation, no one got a chance to vote on it or consider it. In Massachusettes the people get to configure a plan that suits them. In obamacare the people of Wyoming get a plan suitable to the slums of DC and had nothing whatsoever to do with them.

Exactly. The laboratory of the states concept is tossed out the window in favor of a "one size fits all" approach. If yo don't like the Mass health plan, you can leave Massachusetts, it's easy. You can drive an hour north, west, or south and escape from it......With Obamatax unless you plan on leaving the US, you're screwed. that is why we need to elect Romney- to overturn, de-fund, and dismantle Obamatax...

Repeal = Death.

Simple as that.

Even with the Obamacare clusterfuck there are still 29 million uninsured....as usual you never think past the nose on your face.....

Forum List

Back