What is the difference between Obama Care & Romney's Massachusetts Free Health Care

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Eaglewings, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Eaglewings

Eaglewings Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    As we have seen in the news Romney's aide getting slammed for what I feel she was probably thrown out there in a scramble to say something and of coarse she got it wrong. Poor thing.

What is the difference between the 2 plans, it does seem to be working for the State I believe.

My husband and I are paying for our own health insurance which is killing us as a small business owner.
    I am thankful for it because I have been through hell this past year with breast cancer even with insurance our deductible is $6000.00 plus but with all the test, major surgery and chemo I am sure its been way over $100.000.00 and another surgery coming up.

I don't think the Obama care will help me personally, but I can not imagine not being able to have the right kind of care when your diagnosed with something as I did.

2. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Nothing. Romney wants to claim there is but there isn't. Obama got his idea for government forced healthcare from Romney's plan in Mass. Just another thing Obama and Romney have in common.

3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,782
    One is at the state level, one is at the federal level. That's about it. The principle behind each is the same - that the government has power to tell you how to deal with your health care expenses.

The sick irony of it all is that the people pushing the hardest for this kind of corporatist "reform" have manipulated things such that the supposed "alternative" to voting for Obama (and implicitly endorsing Obamacare) is to vote for Romney (and implicitly endorse Romneycare). Some of us hope this will inspire more people to give up on the Democrat/Republican nonsense, but it's a slim hope. Not many people willing to give up on that puppet show.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Back when Obama was looking at the robmoney HC plan robmoney thought it was a great idea nationally

5. OnTheRight

OnTheRight Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Romney vetoed several sections of the Mass healthcare law but was overridden by the legislature. He certainly couldn't stop it from passing if he tried.

6. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    No health care basically equals death.

And Romney's plan to repeal ObamaCare will essentially kick off some 30 million Americans from being able to afford to get care.

Which will kill a good amount of them.

Repeal = Death.

Simple as that.

7. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Oh so now he didn't want it in Massachusettes?

That isn't what he's been saying. In fact..before the present "iteration" of Romney..the "old" Romney of 2008 was suggesting that the President use "his" model for national healthcare.

8. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Good luck.

9. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,782
    Yep. And that's what Obama did. So we got Obamarobmoneycare. You dems must be so proud!

10. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,782
    Don't sweat it. He won't touch the core of Obamacare. At best he'll poke in a few token tweaks - just enough that he can claim he 'tried' - and move on. Obviously, he's behind the gist of it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012