What is the Dept of Homeland Security preparing for??

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
The Dept of Homeland Security ordered 2,717 International MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles. And that same dept bought 450 million rounds of .40cal hollowpoints.

Are they expecting something that big?? (to put it in perspective, we have averaging firing 70 million rounds per year in Iraq in an active war - that is all small arms rounds - 5.56, 7.62, 9mm, .45ACP and even 50 cal)

The MIC has to be fed or they get cranky, someone got a fat contract to supply a bunch of stuff that is just going to sit in storage, on the other hand, ammo is not ever going to get any cheaper, smart people buy it in bulk.

The Dept of Homeland Security ordered 2,717 International MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles. And that same dept bought 450 million rounds of .40cal hollowpoints.

Are they expecting something that big??

Maybe DHS is finally going to give the Border Patrol adequate equipment to handle the dangers they face every day on the Mexican border!

Yeah...i know.....no way is that gonna ever happen while Obama's in charge.

Yeah...i know.....no way is that gonna ever happen while Obama's in charge.

That’s not going to happen whomever’s ‘in charge.’

DHS is about politics, not security. It was created to appease frightened citizens after 9/11 and allow the political establishment to say they’re ‘doing something.’

Link?

Looks like your paranoia got it all wrong.

U.S. Army Contracting Command decided to upgrade and retrofit 2,717 International MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles with a new vehicle chassis. For $21 million. And someone took photos as the spiffed up vehicles with DHS logos rolled into town.

The contract, along with a $110 million delivery order for 650 suspensions for U.S. Marine Corps System Command MRAP vehicles, went to Navistar Defense, LLC and the work is performed in West Point, Mississippi.

The installation contract retrofits vintage MaxxPro vehicles with a new rolling chassis.

Existing MRAPs are being retrofitted.

Stimulating the Economy 2,717 Big Ass Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles at a Time | MyFDL

As for the "450 million rounds of .40cal hollowpoints", ATK Secures .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract .

ATK /quotes/zigman/217145/quotes/nls/atk ATK +0.08% announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.

That's a potential of 450 million rounds. Not the actual amount they are buying.

And that is what ATK is telling its investors to boost its stock price.

But notice the disclaimer:
Certain information discussed in this press release constitutes forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although ATK believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved. Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends, and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back