What is the Democrat's health care bill?

Still waiting

Listen, stupid, it's not a done deal yet. Get back to me in September. In the meantime, there are a shitload of other threads where the DRAFTS have been discussed ad nauseum. Just because you want your own little thread only proves what a childish goofball you are, someone who craves attention that bad.

We will join 36 other industrialized nations in making sure everyone has access to affordable health care, starting by fixing the prescription drug program and investing in stem cell and other medical research.

In the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth, no one should have to choose between taking their child to a doctor and paying the rent. Democrats are committed to making sure every single American has access to affordable, effective health care coverage. We want to fix the disastrous Medicare Part D and ensure our seniors can afford their prescription drugs.

We also believe in investing in life saving stem cell and other medical research that offers real hope for cures and treatment for millions of Americans.
Source: 2006 Democratic Party Congressional Promise Nov 1, 2006

Expanding coverage. Under the leadership of John Kerry and John Edwards, we will offer individuals and businesses tax credits to make quality, reliable health coverage more affordable. We will provide tax credits to Americans who are approaching retirement age and those who are between jobs so they can afford quality, reliable coverage. We will expand coverage for low income adults through existing federal-state health care programs. And we will provide all Americans with access to the same coverage that members of Congress give themselves.

Cutting health care costs. At the center of our efforts will be a plan to reduce health costs. We will lift a financial burden on families, businesses, and the self-employed by picking up the tab for the highest-cost medical cases. That will save America’s families up to $1,000 on their premiums.
Source: The Democratic Platform for America, p.28 Jul 10, 2004

Well, since not ONE LIBERAL could come in here and explain what the dem health care plan was, I'll give it a shot... ok, first, make the rich pay for most of it, and then the rest with trickle taxes. Next, whatever health care you have now will be strangled out because of the government muscling in. Then after government controls all health care, they'll tell you what medicines and procedures you need and don't need, and along with the long waits and controls, they'll basically be telling people which ones can live and which ones must die.

Am I close? Yeah... I think so.

Not even. You guys are so hilarious. Try picking up a fucking daily newspaper, or paying attention to what's going on as its played out on your television screen (even FOX) instead of coming here and trying to pretend you understand a goddamned thing.

Actually it's what NYT and WAPO and WSJ have all said, the first two in language that is to appease the likes of you, the 'true believers', but they did put the truth out-you just refuse to believe it.

Hmmm, it got quiet in here. Guess the true believers are off having a beer or something. :eusa_whistle:

Not even. You guys are so hilarious. Try picking up a fucking daily newspaper, or paying attention to what's going on as its played out on your television screen (even FOX) instead of coming here and trying to pretend you understand a goddamned thing.

Actually it's what NYT and WAPO and WSJ have all said, the first two in language that is to appease the likes of you, the 'true believers', but they did put the truth out-you just refuse to believe it.

Hmmm, it got quiet in here. Guess the true believers are off having a beer or something. :eusa_whistle:

To be fair, it IS Friday evening. :)

We will join 36 other industrialized nations in making sure everyone has access to affordable health care, starting by fixing the prescription drug program and investing in stem cell and other medical research.

In the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth, no one should have to choose between taking their child to a doctor and paying the rent. Democrats are committed to making sure every single American has access to affordable, effective health care coverage. We want to fix the disastrous Medicare Part D and ensure our seniors can afford their prescription drugs.

We also believe in investing in life saving stem cell and other medical research that offers real hope for cures and treatment for millions of Americans.

Expanding coverage. Under the leadership of John Kerry and John Edwards, we will offer individuals and businesses tax credits to make quality, reliable health coverage more affordable. We will provide tax credits to Americans who are approaching retirement age and those who are between jobs so they can afford quality, reliable coverage. We will expand coverage for low income adults through existing federal-state health care programs. And we will provide all Americans with access to the same coverage that members of Congress give themselves.

Cutting health care costs. At the center of our efforts will be a plan to reduce health costs. We will lift a financial burden on families, businesses, and the self-employed by picking up the tab for the highest-cost medical cases. That will save America’s families up to $1,000 on their premiums.

The current health care legislation is about one thing, government control. If anyone thinks it's not, they're a fool.

True . . . I'm guessing folks are off hoisting a frosty mug.

Now that Chris Dodd is sick I bet he is very happy this plan hasn't gone through yet.

O wait theres a provision in it to let senators and congressmen exclude themselves from this crap they are shoving down our throat....must be nice

Where the hell did these 'quotes' come from? Why not lend us the arrow to backtrack to other threads if that is the source?

Give a link.

Well, since not ONE LIBERAL could come in here and explain what the dem health care plan was, I'll give it a shot... ok, first, make the rich pay for most of it, and then the rest with trickle taxes. Next, whatever health care you have now will be strangled out because of the government muscling in. Then after government controls all health care, they'll tell you what medicines and procedures you need and don't need, and along with the long waits and controls, they'll basically be telling people which ones can live and which ones must die.

Am I close? Yeah... I think so.

I have no idea what you're talking about there^. What "appeasement" and what "truth" did I miss? I've followed this thing from Day One. For one thing there are so many outright lies (not even forgiveable misconceptions) still floating around the Internet, all of which have been busted by such truth-tellers as Politifact.org (go there), that I'm not surprised there is so much confusion.

Now how about you source the actual frigging document and tell us what it actually does, instead of blindly parroting a bunch of empty campaign promises? I swear, if you blow any more smoke up my ass, my sphincter is going to sue Philip Morris.

And it's their regularly-scheduled date with Mr. Right Hand and a bottle of lotion?

Here are some things someone who HAS read the bill (Representative Fleming of LA) says it contains:

“The bill also requires mandated visits between doctors and elderly patients periodically to discuss end of life. And if you’re in a nursing home, the requirement is even more frequent. That means euthanasia -- that we need to be talking to the elderly about the fact that maybe they’re using up more resources and that perhaps they should not use more health care resources and allow younger, healthier people to use that resource money. That’s the kind of savings the President wants to have. As a physician, I am definitely against that.”

“There’s going to be this bureaucracy that is going to determine what procedures and what treatments and what medicines are cost effective. It’s going to reward doctors for withholding certain types of care that the government deems to be unnecessary care. Your doctor would be rewarded to provide less care for you and perhaps even remove care from you. As a physician and a potential patient, I am not very happy about that idea either.”

Obama told the AARP that there wouldn't be cuts in Medicare, but that wasn't true. The bill takes out of Medicare $400 billion dollars over the next 10 years for things provided to seniors. Why is this guy out there promoting something when he either A) doesn't know what it says, or B) knows but isn't telling the truth? If it sucks so badly that you have to lie about it, why promote it?

Here are some things someone who HAS read the bill (Representative Fleming of LA) says it contains:

“The bill also requires mandated visits between doctors and elderly patients periodically to discuss end of life. And if you’re in a nursing home, the requirement is even more frequent. That means euthanasia -- that we need to be talking to the elderly about the fact that maybe they’re using up more resources and that perhaps they should not use more health care resources and allow younger, healthier people to use that resource money. That’s the kind of savings the President wants to have. As a physician, I am definitely against that.”

“There’s going to be this bureaucracy that is going to determine what procedures and what treatments and what medicines are cost effective. It’s going to reward doctors for withholding certain types of care that the government deems to be unnecessary care. Your doctor would be rewarded to provide less care for you and perhaps even remove care from you. As a physician and a potential patient, I am not very happy about that idea either.”

Obama told the AARP that there wouldn't be cuts in Medicare, but that wasn't true. The bill takes out of Medicare $400 billion dollars over the next 10 years for things provided to seniors. Why is this guy out there promoting something when he either A) doesn't know what it says, or B) knows but isn't telling the truth? If it sucks so badly that you have to lie about it, why promote it?

PolitiFact | E-mail 'analysis' of health bill needs a check-up

FACT CHECK: Distortions rife in health care debate - Yahoo! News

PolitiFact | E-mail 'analysis' of health bill needs a check-up

FACT CHECK: Distortions rife in health care debate - Yahoo! News

It is misleading if folks think that an AP article is the FACTCHECK.ORG site.

AP is slanted left.

I find that debate on USMB goes much further in checking the two bills.

And what jumps out immedialtely is "THE FACTS: Millions of Americans already face rationing, as insurance companies rule on procedures they will cover."

This is a perfect example of "it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

There is no, not any, rationing care in a free society.

THE FACT is actually the following. If your healthcare provider denies a request for, let's say an MRI, you can simply use your own money for the procedure.

The same is not true in Canada:

"Imagine a world in which you're forbidden to spend your own money to obtain medical care. Imagine that, regardless of your personal needs, you're forced to rely on the government for health care, no matter how long it takes or how substandard it may be.

A far-fetched Orwellian nightmare? Hardly. That's precisely how the Canadian health-care system operates. ...in seven of Canada's 10 provinces, it's illegal for citizens to pay out of their own pockets for medical services that are covered by the government-run health care system. And in the remaining three provinces, private payment is all but forbidden."
The Ghost of America's Health Care Future Lives in Canada Today by James Frogue and Robert Moffit -- Capitalism Magazine

If this doen't inform you as to why some of us object to ObamaCare, then you choose not to see.

Forum List

Back