What is the current age?

I think of ours as the DISinformation age.
I'd have to disagree.

Just 70 years ago it was possible to control every aspect of information within a given border, even in the USA.

You were told the ways things were and there was no alternative to what you were told.

Radio was the begining of the end of the strangle hold on information, the internet killed off the last hold people had at controling the flow of information.

Elaboration:

We're so entirely dependent on electricity and the grid is held together with coat hangers at this point. India is next to Pakistan and they both have nukes. Iran went from regular peeps in shirts and ties to goat herders overnight with the ayatollah crap. If we have an EMP and you're not ruggedized and have an alternate power source you'll be SOL with communications and TV and nobody knows how to do anything anymore it seems. Freakish religion is on the rise. Wouldn't take much.

Oh and I love Sweden.:eusa_angel:

Yeah....but since I'm armed to the gills... I'll get whatever the fuck I want when some shit goes down....bet on it.

What you will get with that attitude is a rope and a short drop on a nearby tree. That is how that attitude was dealt with here in the West.

It's the dull culture age.
Love to hear more about this!

It is definitely the PC (politically Correct) age.
So PC age by that people of this age doesn't dare to say what they really think? I'll list that.

dull culture: lifeless. look how boring television is. reality tv. Most of the music is made by machines and is sold by what will sell the most, not by what is high-quality.

just a couple examples.

I see. Do you make your own music? If you do not, then you have little reason to bitch. How many instruments do you play?

Do you bother to see what the local artists are producing? And why bother with most TV anyway?

I find that most people that complain of a dull boring world have created that world for themselves. Someday, I will try to find out what bored is like. Haven't time for that right now.

rocks the problem with the net is there is so much information mingled with dis information....you can find anything on the net...but is it true....a friend of mine who is jewish..swears by the net...we are in the middle of a rather loud exchange..when i type into google..."jews are evil" and hit search....we were both amazed at the number of pages that brought up....web pages are like anything else..anyone can have one and promote their agenda...most agendas seem to be promoted with distortions and not facts...

Well, that is a problem. So one has to learn to search by source. Kind of like going into a store that you are unfamiliar with. You look to see if they carry any good brands, or are they just pushing junk. When I look at scientific issues, I try to get scientific society articles, or articles from universities.

On politics, well, you can find any screwball thing on the net that you can imagine.

Last edited:
rocks the problem with the net is there is so much information mingled with dis information....you can find anything on the net...but is it true....a friend of mine who is jewish..swears by the net...we are in the middle of a rather loud exchange..when i type into google..."jews are evil" and hit search....we were both amazed at the number of pages that brought up....web pages are like anything else..anyone can have one and promote their agenda...most agendas seem to be promoted with distortions and not facts...

Well, that is a problem. So one has to learn to search by source. Kind of like going into a store that you are unfamiliar with. You look to see if they carry any good brands, or are they just pushing junk. When I look at scientific issues, I try to get scientific society articles, or articles from universities.

On politics, well, you can find any screwball thing on the net that you can imagine.
except its not limited to just politics

Love to hear more about this!

So PC age by that people of this age doesn't dare to say what they really think? I'll list that.

dull culture: lifeless. look how boring television is. reality tv. Most of the music is made by machines and is sold by what will sell the most, not by what is high-quality.

just a couple examples.

I see. Do you make your own music? If you do not, then you have little reason to bitch. How many instruments do you play?

Do you bother to see what the local artists are producing? And why bother with most TV anyway?

I find that most people that complain of a dull boring world have created that world for themselves. Someday, I will try to find out what bored is like. Haven't time for that right now.

I'll bitch as much as I want. I play the guitar if you must know. I go to local clubs once in a while where they do play their own instruments. Some are good and some are not. The only reason I know anything about television is because it's how my wife unwinds after work. She insists on watching that crap. It's a give and take relationship so I have to deal with the bachelorette and what not to wear, among a few others.

just a couple examples.

I'll bitch as much as I want. I play the guitar if you must know. I go to local clubs once in a while where they do play their own instruments. Some are good and some are not. The only reason I know anything about television is because it's how my wife unwinds after work. She insists on watching that crap. It's a give and take relationship so I have to deal with the bachelorette and what not to wear, among a few others.

LOL! Going on 37 years with the same woman, and it just doesn't change.

Guitar and 5 string banjo, and play with anything I pick up.

Forum List

Back