What is the chance to be born healthy and live healthy?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by anotherlife, Dec 29, 2012.

1. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +519
    A 100 years ago, there was infant mortality, and you could die from just catching cold in a winter.

In the 21st century none of the above happens, so we all live long. But now we have a 50 % obesity + 20 % diabetes + 20 % cancer + 3 % autism + ... . Your chance of being born and not getting any of these for your life is 7 %.

Then if you want a mate who is healthy too, then your chances of a healthy life is 0.49 %.

This 0.49 % should alarm everyone, yet nobody cares. What is wrong with us? Are we so readily manipulated by something?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,412
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I]I Was Born A Poor Black Child - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Aspertame and HFCS.

4. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,125
    You don't 'get' obese, it's self-inflicted (for the vast majority of people). Eat like a pig and you will take the form of a pig. As long as people refuse to move more and eat less/eat better the obesity rate will continue to climb. Cut the obesity rate and you will cut the diabetes rate as well and likely the cancer rate. It would not surprise me if autism was somehow related (in part) to the mother's diet while pregnant.

5. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +519
    WHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Very interesting, I wish I could understand these.

I think this is quite true, and I risk to say that obesity has a very strong negative correlation with food prices for the past 100 years. Food was a lot better quality 100 years ago and people spent about 60 % of their income on it. Now food has no quality, is dirt cheap, and far out-falls people's wage decline, making them sick (obese), I think.

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    The Obesity Epidemic started around 1980 When Aspartame and HFCS was introduced into our food.

As I was growing up I ate three meals a day with seconds and sometimes thirds for dinner, especially when we had any kind of beef.

I spent my lawn mowing money every week on candy bars and other junk and ate whatever snack food my Mother brought home from the store (which was a lot). I ate non-stop!

But when I joined the service I wasn't over weight. In fact I was 6 foot, 155 lbs. My size 32 pants fit loose.

Some will say "Yeah but you played sports, had a skateboard and rode a bicycle every where you went".

This is true but My Dad and I also built a flew Model Airplanes (which I still do) and we spent as much time sitting in a chair in front of a table as kids do today with their computers and devices.

What's the difference between then and now? Aspartame and HFCS.