What Is the Best Thing Money Can't Buy?

Even not being afraid of death, who would not want more time? I'm sure there are some who suffer and want the suffering over, but...

Woody Allen said it best "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - pardon if not exact...off the top of the head

Well some of my relatives who were suicidal and killed themselves I suppose did not want more time.

I don't blame woody for his sentiments he quit his 40 yrs of psychotherapy to marry his daughter :badgrin:

I couldn't watch his movies for years after that. It was the violation of trust, the breakdown of boundaries and how married man treats his spouse and 'family'

but I'm back to watching Woody. It's why I hate artists becoming celebrities

“Happy father’s day — or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law’s day.” Ronan Farrow ( woody's biological son and human rights activist)

change becomes impossible when one runs out of options and time.

ahhh, passing is the biggest change of all. It's life's jackpot. It changes everything

Change to nothing.

Nothing here. I do not believe in an after life, but...what comes after this I do not fathom. I do know it's lights out here.

Brain activity ceases, but what of any collective memory? If we are all made of and share the same stuff, if we are a collection of atoms and molecules...what generates the energy in the universe? We are part of it. We are made of it. This life as we know it ceases, but...

I do not believe 'we' exist after we die, but what of the stuff we are made of? Does an atomic memory exist? Interesting

ahhh, passing is the biggest change of all. It's life's jackpot. It changes everything

Change to nothing.

Nothing here. I do not believe in an after life, but...what comes after this I do not fathom. I do know it's lights out here.

Brain activity ceases, but what of any collective memory? If we are all made of and share the same stuff, if we are a collection of atoms and molecules...what generates the energy in the universe? We are part of it. We are made of it. This life as we know it ceases, but...

I do not believe 'we' exist after we die, but what of the stuff we are made of? Does an atomic memory exist? Interesting

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/271412-what-do-you-think-happens-after-we-die.html

Can you be happy without money?

what question are you asking...

the op or this post?

both or whichever you prefer.

can i be happy without money...... everyone can be happy without money.... including me. For example... kittens make me happy, no money evolved.

Money.... enough money, can buy you just about anything you want. Its the thing you CANT buy that is actually worth something.

Change to nothing.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/271412-what-do-you-think-happens-after-we-die.html

I've said before 'nothing' it's lights out, but it depends on the context of what one is discussing.

what question are you asking...

the op or this post?

can i be happy without money...... everyone can be happy without money.... including me. For example... kittens make me happy, no money evolved.

Money.... enough money, can buy you just about anything you want. Its the thing you CANT buy that is actually worth something.

You need money to care for them.

do you? You cant visit a shelter and just love on kittens? You cant to go the beach and just be happy with the calm of nature? Take joy in the laughter of a child?

its called simple pleasures.

If money equated happiness there would be no miserable millionaires

miserable people are just that miserable people.

rich miserable people will pay others to endure them.

poor miserable people have to go it alone.

They can buy friends and companions.

do you? You cant visit a shelter and just love on kittens? You cant to go the beach and just be happy with the calm of nature? Take joy in the laughter of a child?

A shelter needs money to.

Even donations of food (well the food had to be bought originally)

But I do get your point, animals and children bring a pure happiness to most people.

I like it.:cool:

If money equated happiness there would be no miserable millionaires

miserable people are just that miserable people.

rich miserable people will pay others to endure them.

poor miserable people have to go it alone.

They can buy friends and companions.

we are what we make ourselves. Money is not part of that equation.

You can have money and be miserable..and be poor and miserable. You can be rich and happy and poor and happy....

But I do get your point, animals and children bring a pure happiness to most people.

what the shelter needs has no bearing on YOU being happy with kittens.

unless seeing them confined in cages does not make u happy and you can;t afford to adopt them or save them from being killed.

unless seeing them confined in cages does not make u happy and you can;t afford to adopt them or save them from being killed.

so you are looking for things to be unhappy about..... gotcha.

That can be true. I think volunteering is the way to feel the "free" love and not the angst you describe. Loving on them as Syrenn stated. I like to visit no-kill facilities when time allows for the pure smiles and giggles and love one gives and receives from these animals and just for my own piece of mind.

Forum List

Back