What Is the Best Thing Money Can't Buy?

The Beatles were right. Money "can't buy me love".

If you think it can buy a reasonable facsimile or suitable substitute, then you don't know what love is.

If love mean living without plumbing or other basic living standards we are accustomed to in this country you are right I am probably unloving. :eusa_eh:

If you think it can buy a reasonable facsimile or suitable substitute, then you don't know what love is.

If love mean living without plumbing or other basic living standards we are accustomed to in this country you are right I am probably unloving. :eusa_eh:

There were two questions posed.

One was, "Can you be happy without money?" in the opening post. I have already answered that one.

The second question is in the title, "What is the best thing money can't buy?"

The answer to that is "Money cannot buy love".

There were two questions posed.

One was, "Can you be happy without money?" in the opening post. I have already answered that one.

The second question is in the title, "What is the best thing money can't buy?"

The answer to that is "Money cannot buy love".

I feel like money provides a way to make sure that you are taking sufficient care of your loved ones so that they have a good standard of living and in that action of working for money you are in fact able to buy love?

Am I Wrong?

What Is the Best Thing Money Can't Buy?

Love

Oh wait.......!

newyorkerads.png

common sense

Let's add good taste as something else money cannot buy.

Good taste in what, isn't that relative?

If yes then it can be bought if someone is good at propaganda and promotion.

No, there are some things that are not even debatable when it comes to good taste.
The Crucifix in a jar of piss is one that comes to mind immediately but there are others.
Pretty much anything the Westboro Baptist Church does can immediately be thought of as in bad taste and you would not be wrong.

Let's add good taste as something else money cannot buy.

Good taste in what, isn't that relative?

If yes then it can be bought if someone is good at propaganda and promotion.

No, there are some things that are not even debatable when it comes to good taste.
The Crucifix in a jar of piss is one that comes to mind immediately but there are others.
Pretty much anything the Westboro Baptist Church does can immediately be thought of as in bad taste and you would not be wrong.

While I agree with you on a subjective level, on a more objective level those would belong to the westboro church do not see themselves as being in bad taste so taste is relative and a majority can put on the pressure to have a collective agreement or consensus but it is still relative imo.

Can you be happy without money?

Time. Never met a dying person who wouldn't have given up any amount of money in the world for more time

Sure that makes sense, I am really afraid of death.

Even not being afraid of death, who would not want more time? I'm sure there are some who suffer and want the suffering over, but...

Woody Allen said it best "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - pardon if not exact...off the top of the head

Time. Never met a dying person who wouldn't have given up any amount of money in the world for more time

Even not being afraid of death, who would not want more time? I'm sure there are some who suffer and want the suffering over, but...

Woody Allen said it best "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - pardon if not exact...off the top of the head

Well some of my relatives who were suicidal and killed themselves I suppose did not want more time.

I don't blame woody for his sentiments he quit his 40 yrs of psychotherapy to marry his daughter :badgrin:

Can you be happy without money?

Never met me, when it gets too bad you want out of time.

Wanting out is different. But I've seen hospice setting as well as the hospital and death beds at homes...where some people are at ease passing on, but would give anything to be around longer ...implied is without pain or suffering.

I always find it strange that people who have never faced their own mortality can say for sure what they imagine they would feel or do.

I've been in hospice settings, I worked for a livery service picking up dead bodies (happens when one is a rolling stone that travels through life). I also faced my own mortality years ago. Even now I am unsure of how I would act or feel. I have an idea, but we change. One thing we do is we change.

Well some of my relatives who were suicidal and killed themselves I suppose did not want more time.

I don't blame woody for his sentiments he quit his 40 yrs of psychotherapy to marry his daughter :badgrin:

I couldn't watch his movies for years after that. It was the violation of trust, the breakdown of boundaries and how married man treats his spouse and 'family'

but I'm back to watching Woody. It's why I hate artists becoming celebrities

Forum List

Back