What Is the Best Thing Money Can't Buy?

What Is the Best Thing Money Can't Buy? or can? LOL it can't buy love but .....

This.

Frank Lloyd Wright ...Fallingwater

frank-lloyd-wright-web.jpg

Last edited:
I recently found myself in a position of awfulness caused by a nature event where due to conditions out of my control I was in a situation experiencing what perhaps poor people might have to deal with because of lack of funds, fortunately I did not have to stay in that condition or situation but it made me think about things I take for granted, and the fact that because I was able to come up with money I lifted myself and loved one out of the situation.

Others however may have had to ride the storm so to speak and live without basic things we take for granted daily.

In this instance I can honestly say having money made me happier then having none but I thought to myself how do others who have nothing feel happy?

What are the best things money can't buy ?

Even being happy in a loving relationship I would have still felt miserable to stay in that bad situation that I'd only experienced for a couple of days.

There are lots of things that money can't buy, like healthy children.

I spent the weekend at my son's wrestling meet. His close friend has a twin who was deprived of oxygen during his birth and has severe disabilities as a result (she is characterized as cerebral palsy). My daughter mentored Haley (the twin) for 3 years as part of a program that paired up gifted kids with disabled kids. She is a lovely girl, but will never be able to do so many things that most of us take for granted.

I am not rich, but I have two healthy, vivacious, intelligent kids who have a world of possibilities in front of them, and I have a wonderful husband who loves me as I am. That makes me incredibly wealthy in the stuff that matters.

Can you be happy without money?

As sunny day in New Orleans.... 75 degrees and 20% humidity... and a Daiquiri from the drive-thru daiquiri store while driving down Lakeshore Dr... and those stupid fuckwad Levee Board cops don't see me swerving.

:lol:

Last edited:
Can you be happy without money?

If you were an African hunger-gatherer, sure.

But here in America, since you need money for food, clothing, and shelter, then no.

I am not a food forager :lol:

I do value the modern advances our society holds, and I have to admit because of this recent experience I would feel less happy not having them.

The Beatles were right. Money "can't buy me love".

If you think it can buy a reasonable facsimile or suitable substitute, then you don't know what love is.

Forum List

Back