What is the best Avocado?

We buy our avocados at a local Mexican grocery store. My wife and I eat avocado's almost daily. They have great health benefits, plus they work with so many dishes, especially salads.. Without a doubt, the best avocados come from Mexico and it's not even close.
i bet if i gave you a peeled california avacado and told you it was from mexico you would not be any wiser about were its from....

I bet you'd be wrong.
My wife and I have been eating avocado almost daily for years. California avocados are tasty and someone challenged us to a blind taste test, Mexico won.
ok...no way we can actually do the blindfold test....so i will take your word for it....so what can you tell me me about those black spots that are on these things
You may not to eat the avocado if it has black spots

Tonnage, Russell and Simmons, all green fL/ Carib. Russel are the ones that turn purple as they ripen. There is the normal shape and a long gord shape known by REAL avocado people as a redneck Russell .

Alligator Pears. :eusa_snooty:

Light green, smooth(er), and really big.

avocadotree5.jpg
That's either a Simmons or one of the Brooks types. Maybe their #7 ?

Think about a vineyard and the wine that comes from its grapes. The flavors in the wine are accentuated by the characteristics of the land and companion plants/trees.

The air and soil in Mexico are dirty. Often times they grow avocado trees right on top of heaps of steaming ass garbage. But if that's the taste profile you prefer I'm not one to judge.

1. California
2. Florida
3. Mexico

New Topics

Forum List

Back