What is the attraction of Islam?

Oh yeah, covers in church = full covering of people outside.

Also remember men CAN'T wear hats in church, there are rules for both sexes.

Your attempt at equivocation is as usual, a failure.
Islam does the same as well - men have required garb as the women do.
islamic-men-clothing.jpg

That garb isn't "required", as you see the men in western clothes all the time.
Depends on where you are.

Also, the same can be said about women - in every Muslim nation I have been to I see women in western cloths as well.

Yes, but the point of this discussion is the "Jihadi Jane" phenomenon, of western secular women converting to an extreme form of Islam.

This isn't covering your head and going to mosque conversion, its head to toe cover and hide in your house conversion.
Where was the word extreme mentioned anywhere?

You pointed out the clothing and then used the statement to say that men were under some restrictions in Christianity so the restrictions on women were fine.

I agree that the comparison is asinine BUT you also presented a fallacy because that argument applies to Islamic clothing requirements as well. Men are obligated to wear the above in the same manner that women are obligated to wear the black version. You also find varying levels of facial cover for the women - they are not all fully covered and some even cover their eyes.

The OP was talking about "white women wearing Burquas". Only the most extreme and conservative forms of Islam go with that garment, or it's close cousin, the Niqab. And the clothing is just an outward symbol of the life these women are entering. They lose their voice and expression outside of the home.

I don't think I said men are under the same restrictions, I was responding to a comment showing latin right women covering their heads with a see through shawl, and I pointed out that in old school Catholicism, women are supposed to cover their heads and men not, but only during services.

My other point was with regards to Hasidim, but in that case, to me, the men have the more burdensome clothing requirements.

In extreme Islamic cultures men do have dress requirements, but those are usually just to "dress modestly" not "cover everything, and by the way, shut up".

Forum List

Back