What is the attraction of Islam?

Arizona Willie

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2015
There is a noticeable surge in Muslims in America.

Some years back, it became fashionable among blacks --- particularly among black prisoners.
Then their women adopted the religion and were seen wearing burquas.
But not many overall.

Now I'm seeing white women wearing burqas!!

Saw one in Wal-Mart the other day.

Which makes me wonder what the attraction of Islam is --- especially why would emancipated American women voluntarily give up their freedom and allow themselves to be made into domestic sex slaves?

I can understand that, to a certain kind of " man ", there is an attraction to having their females totally subservient and being allowed ( by their religion if not by the law ) to beat them and even kill them for certain " offenses ".

But why do their women submit?

What the heck is the attraction of this 11th century religion?

In my experience, which is limited, the white women I have known have all converted because they married an Islamic man. You also have to understand that there is a difference between the Nation of Islam (NOI) and Islam. The NOI was created in the U.S., is a predominantly black faith, and is sort of (imo) a black power religion. There are a lot of black men and women involved in it around the U.S. So, when you see a black person in a burqa, they might actually be from Africa (and are typically Islamic) or they might be from the U.S. and be involved in NOI. Some women in the NOI believe in the Islamic concept of covering their hair and body.

I don't personally see the attraction, but it is not as if Christianity or Judaism has a much better track record on women's rights. IMO, there are only a few religious paths that are actually empowering to women.

There is a noticeable surge in Muslims in America.

Some years back, it became fashionable among blacks --- particularly among black prisoners.
Then their women adopted the religion and were seen wearing burquas.
But not many overall.

Now I'm seeing white women wearing burqas!!

Saw one in Wal-Mart the other day.

Which makes me wonder what the attraction of Islam is --- especially why would emancipated American women voluntarily give up their freedom and allow themselves to be made into domestic sex slaves?

I can understand that, to a certain kind of " man ", there is an attraction to having their females totally subservient and being allowed ( by their religion if not by the law ) to beat them and even kill them for certain " offenses ".

But why do their women submit?

What the heck is the attraction of this 11th century religion?

All the blacks in the jail I was in in Florida were Christian. :)

I think Islam, more than other religions, appeals a lot to the primitive region of our brains. The need to dominate and control others. Islam means submission to God afterall so one might say the whole thing's about submission. And unlike Judaism or to a lesser extent Christianity, in Islam men are in charge. Period. Other faiths roles are considered equal with neither objectively over the other (except in select instances like the SBC Baptists.) In a time of increasing demands for equality, the clear cut 'men lead, women follow' is appealing to those who only begrudingly accept the role evening out we're seeing.

Forum List

Back