What is Stereo Sound?

two audio channels attempting to mimic natural hearing.

^^^^^^^^^ same as my simple minded understanding-----it comes from THERE---and also OVER THERE--STEREO
It can be made to seem be coming from
DIFFERENT PLACES
because ears are so made that they can detect very small
differences in time that the sound wave LANDS on the little
hair cells (little nerve ending) in your little cochlea

^^^^^^^^^ same as my simple minded understanding-----it comes from THERE---and also OVER THERE--STEREO
DIFFERENT PLACES
My cochlea is pretty damn big.

DIFFERENT PLACES

Agreed. I have a stereo sound processor made to work on how the ears perceive things to make sounds seem like they come from beside you or even outside of room (for home theater, not serious music), from two speakers. All of this multi-channel crap they sell now with little speakers all over the room is BULL. It just makes them a bigger profit.

Every so called expert who commented and contributed to this thread is 100% wrong.

Stereo sound is simply the act of the wife talking or yelling into one ear while the mother-in-law is talking or yelling into the other ear. See how simple an explanation that is?

The topic is closed.
Also all topics will be closed, where this carrion will appear ...

Here, Sullivan, here is a picture of my main equipment rack:

View attachment 180523

It does not show the turntable above, which is on a proprietary sound isolator I created. At top is my modified CD player, the shiny thing with knobs is a 70's preamp chassis that I used with highly modified power supply and proprietary 12AU7A twin triode tube circuit with zero feedback and no RIAA equalization I built into it. Below that are a set of crossover networks and other things, (one which I built by hand from scratch)n and at bottom are two 900W bridged monaural bipolar amps one each to push the 18" drivers for my mid-bass cabinets.

Not seen in the photo is a 1000W powered sub going down to 15 cycles, the mid-bass units just mentioned, and the bi-amped 3-way speakers for the mid-range and high frequencies, each handled by another stereo tube (pentode) power amp for the mid and a pair of mono tube power amps for the tweeters. For a total of 6 power amps totaling about 3000 watts r.m.s.

I can show more if needed, Sullivan. Now let's see the stereo YOU built.

PS: If you need any help understanding what root mean squared means, just ask.
I see where your screen name comes from.

DIFFERENT PLACES
My cochlea is pretty damn big.

I am so sorry-----a familial thing?

I created a theme about the Holographic TV ...
But this is very difficult for users of this forum ...
----------------------------
Let's try simpler ...
What is a stereo sound? :04:
Dude, you got schooled...

...again.

Forum List

Back