What is Stereo Sound?

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
I created a theme about the Holographic TV ...
But this is very difficult for users of this forum ...
----------------------------
Let's try simpler ...
What is a stereo sound? :04:

• Banned
two audio channels attempting to mimic natural hearing.
Wrong...
You can put 2 emitters and give them the same signal. It will not be a stereo sound

------------------------------------------------------------
hint
What physical quantities: amplitude, frequency, phase and polarization distinguish monophonic sound from stereo? :04:

I created a theme about the Holographic TV ...
But this is very difficult for users of this forum ...
----------------------------
Let's try simpler ...
What is a stereo sound? :04:

I'm an expert on stereo sound, I design and build my own sound system equal to about a $200,000 system in USD, including my own proprietary technologies. So ask me anything you want to know Sullivan and I will teach you all about it.

Wrong...
You can put 2 emitters and give them the same signal. It will not be a stereo sound
Who said anything about giving them the same signal? Natural hearing doesnt do that. If that was the case a dog barking on your right side would sound just as strong on your left side and you wouldnt be able to tell what direction it came from.

Wrong...

------------------------------------------------------------
hint
What physical quantities: amplitude, frequency, phase and polarization distinguish monophonic sound from stereo? :04:

Correct. Two speakers with same signal = monophonic sound. One speaker with one signal = monaural sound. See, not too late for you to learn.

• Banned
Who said anything about giving them the same signal? Natural hearing doesnt do that. If that was the case a dog barking on your right side would sound just as strong on your left side and you wouldnt be able to tell what direction it came from.
I answered you. Read and do not invent anything.
Simply Physics

I answered you. Read and do not invent anything.
Simply Physics
Youre the one that brought up the sending the same signal to both ears. Thats clearly not stereo. Where did you get your degree? From a cracker jack box?

A better way to think of stereo is as having two independent channels. Correctly spaced in relation to the listener, the signal between these two channels can be infinitely varied in any way (including amplitude, content, frequency, phasing (time delay), even polarity (180° out of phase) to create a spatial field both real (direct and reflected sound) and perceived (aural perception) to create a realistic recreation of the original sound-stage. Indeed, research by Hughes has shown that the stereo image can have a more accurate and contiguous spatial field than any of the multi-channel discreet (Dolby 5.1, etc.) systems when set up properly.

The topic is closed.
Also all topics will be closed, where this carrion will appear ...

Pig.JPG

A better way to think of stereo is as having two independent channels. Correctly spaced in relation to the listener, the signal between these two channels can be infinitely varied in any way (including amplitude, content, frequency, phasing (time delay), even polarity (180° out of phase) to create a spatial field both real (direct and reflected sound) and perceived (aural perception) to create a realistic recreation of the original sound-stage. Indeed, research by Hughes has shown that the stereo image can have a more accurate and contiguous spatial field than any of the multi-channel discreet (Dolby 5.1, etc.) systems when set up properly.
How can 2 channels be better than 5?

The topic is closed.

Here, Sullivan, here is a picture of my main equipment rack:

Rack Montage-New-1.jpg

It does not show the turntable above, which is on a proprietary sound isolator I created. At top is my modified CD player, the shiny thing with knobs is a 70's preamp chassis that I used with highly modified power supply and proprietary 12AU7A twin triode tube circuit with zero feedback and no RIAA equalization I built into it. Below that are a set of crossover networks and other things, (one which I built by hand from scratch)n and at bottom are two 900W bridged monaural bipolar amps one each to push the 18" drivers for my mid-bass cabinets.

Not seen in the photo is a 1000W powered sub going down to 15 cycles, the mid-bass units just mentioned, and the bi-amped 3-way speakers for the mid-range and high frequencies, each handled by another stereo tube (pentode) power amp for the mid and a pair of mono tube power amps for the tweeters. For a total of 6 power amps totaling about 3000 watts r.m.s.

I can show more if needed, Sullivan. Now let's see the stereo YOU built.

PS: If you need any help understanding what root mean squared means, just ask.

The topic is closed.

View attachment 180523

It does not show the turntable above, which is on a proprietary sound isolator I created. At top is my modified CD player, the shiny thing with knobs is a 70's preamp chassis that I used with highly modified power supply and proprietary 12AU7A twin triode tube circuit with zero feedback and no RIAA equalization I built into it. Below that are a set of crossover networks and other things, (one which I built by hand from scratch)n and at bottom are two 900W bridged monaural bipolar amps one each to push the 18" drivers for my mid-bass cabinets.

Not seen in the photo is a 1000W powered sub going down to 15 cycles, the mid-bass units just mentioned, and the bi-amped 3-way speakers for the mid-range and high frequencies, each handled by another stereo tube (pentode) power amp for the mid and a pair of mono tube power amps for the tweeters. For a total of 6 power amps totaling about 3000 watts r.m.s.

Holy shit!!!

Here is a different angle where you can see the turntable currently in use as well as one of the other power amps in the background. On the floor you can see the variac used to power up the system (green) next to one of the isolation transformers.

They got shit like that where you come from, Sullivan?

PB163747-1.jpg

Here is one more photo I'll share while Sulliven gets ready to tell us more about stereo, math, chips, corn and other things. Here is a photo of the cooling system for my stereo, it mainly provides chilled air to blow through the internally cooled rack-mount QSC amps shown in the first picture, and to provide supplemental cross breeze across the output tubes in the three tube power amps. I'm rather proud of the air filtration / distribution I made to couple to an off-the-shelf 5000 btu AC unit.

PB103691.JPG

The topic is closed.

View attachment 180523

Do you do any studio sound engineering?

The topic is closed.

View attachment 180523

Do you do any studio sound engineering?

Years ago I did work for a communication company that designed and installed pro sound systems, but these days my work is mainly for my own pleasure, though a few years ago I almost got involved in helping a couple record an album.

Forum List

Back