What is Southern Heritage?

I didn't know that there are regional specific differences in hash browns.

Well, In North Carolina it's a big deal. That and Bojangles.

If you're ever on a road trip and you're driving around the south, make sure to stop by Waffle House. Order some Hash browns and try 'em. :cool:

You do know where I live...right? :lol:

I can't stand Waffle House. I was spoiled by a local version where I grew up in Florida. Waffle House seems like a rip-off after them. Place was called Corams.

You ordered a trash plate (aka, heavenly hash, aka hashbrowns with the works) you damn sure got what you paid for. Full size dinner plate mounded with the stuff. And I mean HIGH. It would be the equivalent of a quintuple order of hashbrowns at Waffle House which were smothered, covered, etc.

And for about $5.00.

I go to Waffle House, and I look at the smidge they put on my plate, and I'm like "where's the rest, assholes?!?".

I do now. :lol:

I was actually driving through GA a couple weeks ago when i went to Florida for a trip.

:lol: Well, the hash browns they make at my local waffle house are delicious, Large Hash browns, smothered and covered, and if i got the munchies i'll get some bacon and it. :eusa_shhh:

Well, In North Carolina it's a big deal. That and Bojangles.

If you're ever on a road trip and you're driving around the south, make sure to stop by Waffle House. Order some Hash browns and try 'em. :cool:

You do know where I live...right? :lol:

I can't stand Waffle House. I was spoiled by a local version where I grew up in Florida. Waffle House seems like a rip-off after them. Place was called Corams.

You ordered a trash plate (aka, heavenly hash, aka hashbrowns with the works) you damn sure got what you paid for. Full size dinner plate mounded with the stuff. And I mean HIGH. It would be the equivalent of a quintuple order of hashbrowns at Waffle House which were smothered, covered, etc.

And for about $5.00.

I go to Waffle House, and I look at the smidge they put on my plate, and I'm like "where's the rest, assholes?!?".

I do now. :lol:

I was actually driving through GA a couple weeks ago when i went to Florida for a trip.

:lol: Well, the hash browns they make at my local waffle house are delicious, Large Hash browns, smothered and covered, and if i got the munchies i'll get some bacon and it. :eusa_shhh:

Page 3...near the bottom.

http://www.coramssteakandegg.com/corams20005.pdf

I promise you, blows Waffle House out of the water.

3514278262_fd77a7fe36.jpg

Properly fried okra is not slimey in the least!
How many batches do I need to suffer through before I find it properly prepared?

I'll answer: not another one!

Any Belle properly trained in Southern Heritage can prepare it correctly. Where the hell are you from? :lol:
Pittsburgh. Where we say Yinz, not y'all. Where we make steel, not pecan pie. And where racing is something done by athletes, not billboards disguised as automobiles.

okra should never be slimey...someone is just a bad cook...

the south is where old men buy kids candy and dont molest them...in the grocery...a toddler will want a bit of candy and the mother will say no...one of the old men who hangs around the grocery will buy said toddler a bit of candy and tell the momma...'hush child a spoilt youngin is a loved youngin' and you dont say nothing back but 'thank you sir'

it is a shame this is all fading....

Forum List

Back