What is so wrong about being anti-government?

There's nothing wrong with being anti-government. But how many people here are actually anti-government, and not just anti-democratic or anti-republican government?

To be anti-government is to be anti-society. Anti Big government is a different issue. I already went over the distinction.

Well since government has been the greatest threat to the well-being, freedom, and prosperity of society in the history of mankind, I think we can accurately say being anti-government is being pro-society.

Government is what allows society to exist. Without government What do we have?

Religion has been the biggest threat to humanity as well it's biggest savior at times. Funny, eh?

Of course government can become a threat, and that is why we harness it. But without it what do we have?

What would you propose, that we scrap government?

Or are you playing silly semantic games where anti has a meaning that is defined without nuance? If there is nuance intended why not spell it out?

anti: one who is opposed

If you are opposed to government what would you replace it with, and whatever you replace it with, would that not still not be called government?

To be anti-government is to be anti-society. Anti Big government is a different issue. I already went over the distinction.

Well since government has been the greatest threat to the well-being, freedom, and prosperity of society in the history of mankind, I think we can accurately say being anti-government is being pro-society.

Government is what allows society to exist. Without government What do we have?

Religion has been the biggest threat to humanity as well it's biggest savior at times. Funny, eh?

Of course government can become a threat, and that is why we harness it. But without it what do we have?

What would you propose, that we scrap government?

Or are you playing silly semantic games where anti has a meaning that is defined without nuance? If there is nuance intended why not spell it out?

anti: one who is opposed

If you are opposed to government what would you replace it with, and whatever you replace it with, would that not still not be called government?

Well I wouldn't call myself anti-government because I'm not an anarchist, though I have been called anti-government on this board before. But a truly anti-government person would want to replace government with nothing, and the absence of government would not be called a government.

As for religion being the greatest threat, that's a laugh. Religion is only a threat when it acts in conjunction with a tyrannical government or as a tyrannical government. The greatest atrocities in the history of mankind have been committed by governments, not religion.

Forum List

Back