What is Romney up to?

sonic

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2015
Twitter is starting to buzz about a private meeting Romney held with some advisors today. He was asked about an independent run and he refused to rule it out. He's obviously pissed about Trump. Any ideas what he's up to?

Twitter is starting to buzz about a private meeting Romney held with some advisors today. He was asked about an independent run and he refused to rule it out. He's obviously pissed about Trump. Any ideas what he's up to?

I do not think he will run because of his wife health. Ann Romney suffers from MS and it is too much for her to endure in my opinion and Mitt Romney need to put his wife first and his political hatred for Trump second.

Would there even be a chance for any newcomer in the race at this stage of the game? I would think it too late for anyone to play catch up now :dunno:

I would write off any Republican who ran a 3rd party campaign against Trump. While he wasn't my first choice, he is the choice of the GOP voters. If John McCain and Mitt Romney don't like it, tough shit. We went with the old guard's pick the last 2 elections and LOST to an empty promise of hope and change.

I would write off any Republican who ran a 3rd party campaign against Trump. While he wasn't my first choice, he is the choice of the GOP voters. If John McCain and Mitt Romney don't like it, tough shit. We went with the old guard's pick the last 2 elections and LOST to an empty promise of hope and change.
An empty promise of hope and change? I'm no fan, but Obama has been kicking GOP ass for 7 years, initiating all kinds of hope and change. Not the kind the Right likes, but Obama has accomplished much of what he promised, and this country is in a helluva lot better shape in most areas than it was when he took office.

An empty promise of hope and change? I'm no fan, but Obama has been kicking GOP ass for 7 years, initiating all kinds of hope and change. Not the kind the Right likes, but Obama has accomplished much of what he promised, and this country is in a helluva lot better shape in most areas than it was when he took office.
Everything he did will be undone, dismantled and destroyed.

Im all for an independent run (especially a run from Romney) on BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE, but both the left and the right need independent candidates running in order to make it worthwhile. If Romney runs as an independent without a second independent running that will divide the left vote then this would only divide right/middle votes, giving the DNC candidate the election. It's going around that Romney PREFERS TRUMP to Hillary, so I can't see Romney running as an independent unless he can win and I just don't see how he can win unless another independent runs who breaks up the left vote

The Republicans will run republican one and two?

Would there even be a chance for any newcomer in the race at this stage of the game? I would think it too late for anyone to play catch up now :dunno:

The best thing the GOP establishment can do right now is either embrace Trump as their candidate and pray he does not blow it really bad or embrace Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Any other idea would be fruitless at this point and would look very childish on the part of Romney, Bush and Ryan...

Nothing is up...except some elitist assholes who are also Losers and Pussies...i. e. Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Turds in Washington...who are responsible for Trump...because they are Losers & Pussies...and they need to get on with helping The Rupublican Party find some stones and help beat Clinton's bogus ass.

Everything Mitt Romney does from here on out helps the crooked old Hag. The sooner the pompous dumb-ass figures that out, the better off the Country.

Yup Gitmo was deserted last time I checked, right?
He has set back racial animosity 50 years. He has put more people on the government dole that ever before. He has made this country look like a pussy instead of a super power.
What he HAS accomplished, we must undo. What he hasn't, we must thank God.

The best thing the GOP establishment can do right now is either embrace Trump as their candidate and pray he does not blow it really bad or embrace Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Any other idea would be fruitless at this point and would look very childish on the part of Romney, Bush and Ryan...

Gary who??? Yes I know he's there, but I just can't see them going for him and a Libertarian to boot, just because politics has been shutting out any other affiliation except Democrats & Republicans.
Unfortunately those Republicans have NO problem being & looking childish. Their best bet would be to embrace Trump then try to groom him to be more presentable as Presidential material. I do agree with much of what he says.....I just don't like the manner he presents it sometimes.

A third party candidate that was strong enough to deny any candidate the 270 electoral votes needed to win would throw the election to the House,

which just might vote the establishment Republican (aka the thirde party candidate) in.

Wrong.

You lost both elections because a majority of Americans rejected the right’s wrongheaded agenda fearful of change and hostile to diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

Nothing is up...except some elitist assholes who are also Losers and Pussies...i. e. Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Turds in Washington...who are responsible for Trump...because they are Losers & Pussies...and they need to get on with helping The Rupublican Party find some stones and help beat Clinton's bogus ass.

Everything Mitt Romney does from here on out helps the crooked old Hag. The sooner the pompous dumb-ass figures that out, the better off the Country.
Demonizing Clinton isn’t going to work.

Just like demonizing Obama didn’t work.

Of course, you and others on the right have nothing else to offer, nothing of merit or significant to contribute to the political debate – just fear, hate, and baseless personal attacks.

That’s why you lose elections.

Forum List

Back