What Is Romeny's True stance on SS....?

Pasco08

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2012
Florida
So what is there true stance on SS Anyways? Will he or won't he turn it into a voucher program costing folks like my parents an extra 5-6k a year.

He will not turn it into a voucher program unless he wants most of the congrssional republicans voted out of office.

Privatize it, let Wall Street steal it, let government bail it out, ????, profit.

What is Romney's stance on anything? He will change positions shortly on it anyway.

You mean like campaigning against Iraq and that W had done everything wrong and then deciding to follow W's timeline and strategy when he was in office? That sort of changing positions? Wow, that would be bad...

First, for future generations of seniors, Mitt believes that the retirement age should be slowly increased to account for increases in longevity.
Second, for future generations of seniors, Mitt believes that benefits should continue to grow but that the growth rate should be lower for those with higher incomes.

With just those two simple steps, and no change in benefits for those at or near retirement, America can guarantee the preservation of the Social Security system for the foreseeable future.

Social Security | Mitt Romney for President

What is Romney's stance on anything? He will change positions shortly on it anyway.

You mean like campaigning against Iraq and that W had done everything wrong and then deciding to follow W's timeline and strategy when he was in office? That sort of changing positions? Wow, that would be bad...

Really? Examples of the President campaigning against the timeline?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/opinion/14obama.html?_r=0

This article is supposed to contradict me?

Speaking at a hotel near the Miami airport where two screens displayed the Romney campaign’s “Six Questions to Ask Rick Perry about Social Security” fact sheet, Romney told the crowd, “There are one of two ways you can make Social Security work forever.

“One of course is to raise the retirement age by a year or two,” said Romney. “The other is having slower growth in inflating the benefits of higher-income of Social Security recipients. Again, not current recipients but those in their 20′s, 30′s, 40′s and early 50′s.

“Those combined, represent the best course for us to be able to permanently solve our Social Security shortfall,” said Romney.

Mitt Romney Gets Specific on Social Security Plans - ABC News

Really? Examples of the President campaigning against the timeline?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/opinion/14obama.html?_r=0

This article is supposed to contradict me?

It is the President, in 2008, talking about Iraq. Point out the change in position you are alleging. I was trying to help you.

So what is there true stance on SS Anyways? Will he or won't he turn it into a voucher program costing folks like my parents an extra 5-6k a year.

You might pay more attention to what Romney has to say and less that democrats SAY he said.

Your parents will be just fine. You might have an option to opt out of the system and provide your own retirement or stay in the SS system as it is. When someone is in a public retirement system, they do not pay into the SS system. They cannot collect SS for any of the years they worked for the Public Service Sector. They have opted out.

The voucher system has nothing to do with SS. The voucher system is for Medicare where people would be provided vouchers that they can use to buy private insurance. They may choose to have additional coverage that they will pay for themselves. The main difference between the current system of government paid benefits but you can decide which company will provide the service and a voucher system is that you negotiate directly with the insurance company which would force them to become more competitive. And insurance can be sold across state lines which will increase the competition. The government would still provide medicare coverage in exchange for the amount paid by the voucher. However, this would not affect your parents, but only those young enough to benefit from a newer system.

Just thought i would ask for some reason my parents SS has been cut the past few years i was leaning towards Mitt but if he was gonna get rid of SS And hurt my parents i wasn't.

Just thought i would ask for some reason my parents SS has been cut the past few years i was leaning towards Mitt but if he was gonna get rid of SS And hurt my parents i wasn't.

Obama is the Pres, thier SS got cut under him, if you're not lying, but you plan on voting for the man that was in charge when they got cut.

You're an awful liar.

and then some

Forum List

Back