What is romantic?

GotZoom said:
Romantic is a touch. A look. A squeeze of the shoulder when you walk by them.

Flowers, kidnapping, dinner...that's all good.

But true romance.....just "being."

Feeling each other. Aching for each other's touch; each other's words.

Knowing that the other person misses you as much as you miss them.

Getting excited when you see on the caller I.D. that it is them.

Those butterflies in your stomach when you were in High School before you asked "the one" to the dance.

Being consumed by desire for that person.

When all you want to do is breathe the same air as they do.

WOW, you really do get it!!

dmp said:
I sent this to a friend via email, but decided I'd be interested in feedback from a broader sample of people:

Romantic? Little things...It's not trips, or gifts, or expensive trinkets.. It's little things.. A quick spur of the moment "I love you.", a wink, a warm hug for no reason, etc. Just little things.. Hard to explain.. You're either a romantic, or you're not. I don't think it's something you can "become"...

Shattered said:
Romantic? Little things...It's not trips, or gifts, or expensive trinkets.. It's little things.. A quick spur of the moment "I love you.", a wink, a warm hug for no reason, etc. Just little things.. Hard to explain.. You're either a romantic, or you're not. I don't think it's something you can "become"...

Agreed--It's sort of a love game played between 2 people who both know each others "good buttons". Gets those feel good hormones going. It can be anything and is probably quite different for different people. Unique--designed just for your special someone. I also agree that not everyone likes or can play it.

Shattered said:

we rarely agree on things...however I must give credit where credit is due...you are a babe even though ya are even more sarcastic than I...ya nailed it babe...you go for it girl...ya got it right!

New Topics

Forum List

Back