What is people trash anyhow?

GotZoom said:
We'll examine English 101 for our friend archangel.

ex·am·ple Pronunciation Key (g-zmpl)
n.

1. One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use.

I merely used "White Trash" as an example of the other words/phrases that different groups are referred to by - I do not use the "N" word in any instance, and the words that fit the other nationalities; I don't use those either.

I have no problem using the phrase "White Trash" when using it as an EXAMPLE of making a point.

----this really isn't that hard.

English 101? That sounds like a college or even highschool class. Preppie.

In America, there is no "trash." I've been around. I have met people with unbelievable amounts of money. They consider themselves 'middle class.' I have met people with nothing. They also consider themsleves 'middle class.' Funny how that goes.

GotZoom said:
We'll examine English 101 for our friend archangel.

ex·am·ple Pronunciation Key (g-zmpl)
n.

1. One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use.

I merely used "White Trash" as an example of the other words/phrases that different groups are referred to by - I do not use the "N" word in any instance, and the words that fit the other nationalities; I don't use those either.

I have no problem using the phrase "White Trash" when using it as an EXAMPLE of making a point.

got zoom...ya used the phrase/word in a derogatory sense(pun)...the intent of this thread was to define "people trash" in your own words..which you obviously did...and for the English 101 class...no thank you... did that back about 1963...and I have no idea where you were going with this...as for "it isn't really that hard" golly gee this smacks of dmp...he uses this phrase all the time! :2guns: Doc holiday says: "I have two guns-one for each"..LOL

If someone is able to support themselves, without the need for unearned/undeserved government handouts, then I wouldn't look down on them for owning a trailer or for keeping old broken-down cars/boats in their yard. Not everyone can live in a house on a cul-de-sac with neighborgood deed restrictions and the like.

Nor would I ridicule anyone for a lack of formal education, or even below average intelligence. Half the people in the country are below average.

Bad teeth? Not part of my criteria. Dental visits are expensive, and more than half of adults don't even go to one one once they reach adulthood. Standard medical insurance doesn't cover dental work, and dental insurance is a racket.

There are relatively few people in our country who cannot afford to bathe regularly, however. If they can, but don't, then they are trashy. And we should always treat our fellow citizens with respect, no matter their economic/social class. To do otherwise suggests poor upbringing, and could be considered trashy.

When I see a patient in the ER, if they are clean and respectful, I will treat them the same as the CEO of the hospital. If they are dirty, drunk, and obnoxious, they get the boot.

speederdoc said:
If someone is able to support themselves, without the need for unearned/undeserved government handouts, then I wouldn't look down on them for owning a trailer or for keeping old broken-down cars/boats in their yard. Not everyone can live in a house on a cul-de-sac with neighborgood deed restrictions and the like.

Nor would I ridicule anyone for a lack of formal education, or even below average intelligence. Half the people in the country are below average.

Bad teeth? Not part of my criteria. Dental visits are expensive, and more than half of adults don't even go to one one once they reach adulthood. Standard medical insurance doesn't cover dental work, and dental insurance is a racket.

There are relatively few people in our country who cannot afford to bathe regularly, however. If they can, but don't, then they are trashy. And we should always treat our fellow citizens with respect, no matter their economic/social class. To do otherwise suggests poor upbringing, and could be considered trashy.

Well doc, I agree with ya. In all seriousness, it's not education, income, or family background that matters. It's the person.

GunnyL said:
How about people who think they are better than most REGARDLESS their reasoning?

ya mean because they 'care'? :muchohugsandkissesfromtheleft:

GunnyL said:
They know what's best for us and don't want us hurting ourselves with sharp objects ..... :laugh:

Exactly. Whether from the Right or Left I have a problem with those that play the electorate for fools.

Kathianne said:
Exactly. Whether from the Right or Left I have a problem with those that play the electorate for fools.

The intellectual elite ..... too much raw intelligence without a smidgen of common sense. If you can't make it work, it's useless.

GunnyL said:
The intellectual elite ..... too much raw intelligence without a smidgen of common sense. If you can't make it work, it's useless.

I hate to say this, but when it comes to the 'elite' of either party, they both believe the knaves will fall in line. Too often they do. Now my take, there are more on the GOP that will bolt, but I could be wrong, 'ala Rush' give them a chance.

He may be right, in the sense that sheep GOP is better than the alternative of 3rd or Democrat. I guess I think there is time to reform the GOP or form a good Libertarian ticket.

To me trashy people are the ones living off the system and not doing anything to better their situation, and blaiming everyone else for them being where they are.

For me at least, it has more to do with attitude then money. A person can be monitarily poor but rich in self-worth.

Forum List

Back