What is people trash anyhow?

manu1959 said:
he said he does not use the "N" word or as spike lee says "my nigga"

he just sidestepped the denial of the use of the word "White Trash"...lol

archangel said:
he just sidestepped the denial of the use of the word "White Trash"...lol

Trash, to me, is someone who adheres to all of the traits so far listed in this thread, but also someone who thinks that their way is the only way, and if everyone else can't figure that out and just agree with them on everything, then they're somehow not equal. In a phrase: self-centrically close minded. There's a lot of people in this world who need to follow the age old phrase: "put yourself in the other guy's shoes."

archangel said:
interesting...am I mistaking that you are the one who answered with what I call "people trash"... as in your own word..."White Trash" and you never use this word...my bad I guess...I suppose you were just being sarcastic!

Are you purposely being obtuse? He merely stated that he doesn't dump people into a specific category (trash, or otherwise), but merely calls them as he sees them on an individual basis, based upon their own merits (or lack thereof).

Shattered said:
Are you purposely being obtuse? He merely stated that he doesn't dump people into a specific category (trash, or otherwise), but merely calls them as he sees them on an individual basis, based upon their own merits (or lack thereof).

I most sincerely disagree with you...got zoom(?) is the person who added "White Trash" to the ' people trash' question...if you want to support GZ fine...but please do not accuse me of your profound word "obtuse"...now go back to doing your nails...LOL :funnyface

archangel said:
I most sincerely disagree with you...got zoom(?) is the person who added "White Trash" to the ' people trash' question...if you want to support GZ fine...but please do not accuse me of your profound word "obtuse"...now go back to doing your nails...LOL :funnyface

Perhaps, if you'd learn to put together a coherent thought, and define "people trash" such that people can give you answers strictly to your liking, rather than based upon their interpretation of the question you're asking, you just <i>might</i> get further, rather than having to sit guarding this thread, and answering every single post with a light reprimand because it's not going the way you think it should be going.

Shattered said:
Perhaps, if you'd learn to put together a coherent thought, and define "people trash" such that people can give you answers strictly to your liking, rather than based upon their interpretation of the question you're asking, you just <i>might</i> get further, rather than having to sit guarding this thread, and answering every single post with a light reprimand because it's not going the way you think it should be going.

I SAY GOOD DAY SIR.

Shattered said:

It is dinner time...and so I will relinquish this thread to your profound comments and criticism ...I now turn over my thread to the ultimate philosopher known as "Shattered the Great!" as Doc Holiday said"I have one for each of ya" :2guns:

The ClayTaurus said:
Trash, to me, is someone who adheres to all of the traits so far listed in this thread, but also someone who thinks that their way is the only way, and if everyone else can't figure that out and just agree with them on everything, then they're somehow not equal. In a phrase: self-centrically close minded. There's a lot of people in this world who need to follow the age old phrase: "put yourself in the other guy's shoes."

interesting....i saw john kerry and his followers that way....and i know that kerry's supporters saw bush and his in the same way....

At once again risking participating in a thread that may go south, I'll play. "People Trash" to me are those that always play the victim and encourage their 'own' to do so also.

They denigrate those that perceive to be more responsible, educated, and those they presume to be wealthier than they. It's more a matter of perception in many cases, than actuality. These are the people that will tell their two stepping son or daughter that it's the daughter or son in law's fault that their marriage is failing. They'll take their son or daughter into their home, leaving the spouse with the kid, then complain that they are taking 'all the money.'

The 'other guy' at work got the promotion, cause he or she is an ass kisser, while Mr/Ms Victim is working too hard to participate in such. They can't understand why others don't like them, never realising they do nothing of substance, just complain about how rigged the world is.

manu1959 said:
interesting....i saw john kerry and his followers that way....and i know that kerry's supporters saw bush and his in the same way....

So everyone thinks everyone is trash! That explains a lot, at least.

The ClayTaurus said:
So everyone thinks everyone is trash! That explains a lot, at least.

well listen to the rehtoric....

the right says the left is a bunch of elitist libs bent on destroying America

the left says the right is a bunch of stupid Christians bent on destroying America

both are a minority yet the media gives them all the air time......

imho....get rid of both extremes and this country would be a nice place to be....

manu1959 said:

the left says the right is a bunch of stupid Christians bent on destroying America

imho....get rid of both extremes and this country would be a nice place to be....

Agreed.

manu1959 said:

I didn't say that. What I said pertains to the Right and the Left. In either case, it's losers.

As you can probably tell from that other thread, I don't think it's right to call people trash because they are of little or no means. There are people who have earned the right to be called any number of awful names, but IMO that should be based on their bad behavior, not on the economic circumstances into which they happened to have been born.

So far Kathianne and Abbey have expressed their opinions without the usual PC and political BS..just a honest opinion expressed from the heart and experience! :beer:
Now back to turning my steak over...bbl!

archangel said:
interesting...am I mistaking that you are the one who answered with what I call "people trash"... as in your own word..."White Trash" and you never use this word...my bad I guess...I suppose you were just being sarcastic!

If you read my quote you would see that I said, I don't call people White Trash. Never said I don't use the word(s) in conversation.

Gotzooml said:
I don't call people White trash, the N word, or any of the other derogatory words for different races. It's just something I don't do.

archangel said:

We'll examine English 101 for our friend archangel.

ex·am·ple Pronunciation Key (g-zmpl)
n.

1. One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use.

I merely used "White Trash" as an example of the other words/phrases that different groups are referred to by - I do not use the "N" word in any instance, and the words that fit the other nationalities; I don't use those either.

I have no problem using the phrase "White Trash" when using it as an EXAMPLE of making a point.

----this really isn't that hard.

Forum List

Back