What is Obama's plan to cut oil imports? does anyone know?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011

I love the liberal mind. "we are for clean air"
well we all are
Cutting the amount of oil we import is a great idea. Its an idea that in 2008 we had finally found the right legislation to start down that path
Libs whats his plan?

On a side note, Its about the jobs stupid
its not about the oil

Apparently his Doctrine to lower imports consists of getting the cost of energy so high that nobody other then the uber rich can afford it.

I love the liberal mind. "we are for clean air"
well we all are
Cutting the amount of oil we import is a great idea. Its an idea that in 2008 we had finally found the right legislation to start down that path
Libs whats his plan?

On a side note, Its about the jobs stupid
its not about the oil

tire_pressure_gauge.jpg

:thup:

Whatever it is it will end up costing the consumers up the ass.

I can hardly wait.

Well as usual I see the liberal has no more of an answer as to how Obama is going to reduce our dependence of foreign oil than he does
I ask why
I alos ask does any-one realize its about the jobs?

The distinction between imported and domestic oil is shaky at best. It all pretty much gets sold in the international market.

When we give leases to oil companies to drill on U.S. lands/waters, it's really no longer our oil. The oil companies have bought it from us at very low prices,

then they sell it back to us, essentially. Or more precisely, they sell it to the highest bidder.

The distinction between imported and domestic oil is shaky at best. It all pretty much gets sold in the international market.

When we give leases to oil companies to drill on U.S. lands/waters, it's really no longer our oil. The oil companies have bought it from us at very low prices,

then they sell it back to us, essentially. Or more precisely, they sell it to the highest bidder.

See with respect, you missed the point
Its about the jobs, Its not about the oil
Latest release from the Labour Force Survey. Friday, March 11, 2011
Imagine a 7.8% UE rate with over one trillion dollars saved on a failed stimulus?
This is where Canada is
Shale oil is a huge reason as to why

His first plan is to spend more tax dollars forcing all government agencies to purchase electric cars.

What that's supposed to do I'm not sure.

But remember that while he is doing this and demanding that we cut our imports, he is loaning one of the largest corporations in the world 2 billion dollars to do exploratory drilling off the coast of Brazil.

I know this is true I saw the wall St Journal story about it. There is rumor that goes with the story which I haven't verified. One is that Soros is a major stock holder in the company and another is that any oil that gets drilled from this venture is already sold to china.. Like I said rumor.

But yes his plan to reduce is more than likely to raise the prices beyond what many of us can pay.

Well as usual I see the liberal has no more of an answer as to how Obama is going to reduce our dependence of foreign oil than he does
I ask why

Why do you want Obama to accomplish something no one else has?

I ask why

No one said this is what we want Obama to do. Obama said he was going to do it. Do try to keep up.

Let's further restrict available oil when the cost has essentially doubled in 2 years.

This Obama guy is a genius.

I ask why

Because we were told he be the smartest, most articulate and cleanest black guy ever. :lol:

Gimme a break... there ain't nothing special about this Obama guy... he's as clueless as they come. He makes Shrub look like a Rhodes Scholar.

I ask why

No one said this is what we want Obama to do. Obama said he was going to do it. Do try to keep up.

he can't keep up,, he's too busy spiking the kool aid.

I ask why

There is only 2 ways to cut the amount of oil we import
a depression
or find it here at home
Do you realize an 18 wheeler that runs 320 days a year and puts 1 million miles on in just few gets about 4 miles to the gallon?
How many cars are going to have to get 50 miles to the gallon at 10,000 miles a year to make a difference with that 1 truck?
Its a pipe dream
Besides cars today get good fuel mileage, GWB made sure of that with the following legislation in 2007

Bush signs bill boosting car fuel economy - Business - Oil & energy - msnbc.com

The legislation signed by Bush at a ceremony at the Energy Department requires automakers to increase fuel efficiency by 40 percent to an industry average 35 miles per gallon by 2020. It also ramps up production of ethanol use to 36 billion gallons a year by 2022.
Bush said the new requirements will help “address our vulnerabilities and dependency” on foreign oil by reducing demand for gasoline and diversifying the nation’s fuel supply.
“We make a major step ... toward reducing our dependence on oil, fighting global climate change, expanding the production of renewable fuels and giving future generations ... a nation that is stronger cleaner and more secure,” said the president.
Bush was flanked by Democrat and Republican members of Congress who had ushered the legislation through.

I ask why

Obama said he would do what? End our dependence on foriegn oil or reduce our dependence on foriegn oil?

Obama said he would do what? End our dependence on foriegn oil or reduce our dependence on foriegn oil?

To start with it is about jobs, not the oil
Let me try this again
Every-one is for clean air? Right?
Every-one wants peace, Right?

Does it matter which he said?

thats like accusing some-one on the front page of the Washington compost that there a mean person
Never give a reason, just state it
People will all ways see that person as the accusation says he/she was

obama to cut dependence on foreign oil - Google Search

Obama made a statement
its on the front page
He has no plan as to how he is going to do it, but now its his policy
notice the 10 year plan
no accountability
and the next question is from me, how is the United States Govt going to force the free market to stop?
you going to make GE haul there freight with equipment that does not exist?
If you live in Houston and its August 1st is it going to matter if you set you thermostat on 78 or 74 when its 110 out side?
same with N Dakota in the winter

Its about the Jobs anyway that we have lost to allowing oil production in this country not to exist
Canada has a UE rate of 7.8% with no failed stimulus that cost them 1 trillion dollars
they have Shale oil that they sell to us instead

Forum List

Back