What is normal?

Okay, daughter thought it was perfectly normal to moon someone when she was 13 too! (I did not teach her that:ack-1:)

Sure ... we believe you ....:eusa_whistle:

Hey, what's not to believe? Daughters are such a joy to raise. I'm surprised you doubt. Mine was 11 when she and her friend decided to open their own detective agency. Stuck their calling cards in mailboxes and everything. Had real detectives from two towns at my door in no time....

I have two daughters. One I raised as a single parent. I'm well-aware of how screwy they can get. It's that "XX" chromosome thing.:eusa_whistle:

Hey, what's not to believe? Daughters are such a joy to raise. I'm surprised you doubt. Mine was 11 when she and her friend decided to open their own detective agency. Stuck their calling cards in mailboxes and everything. Had real detectives from two towns at my door in no time....

I have two daughters. One I raised as a single parent. I'm well-aware of how screwy they can get. It's that "XX" chromosome thing.:eusa_whistle:

Dear Dude,
There's a lot that can be attributed to that Y chromosome thingy, not all good. eusa_whistle:

Respectufully,
Dudette ;)

Dear Dude,
There's a lot that can be attributed to that Y chromosome thingy, not all good. eusa_whistle:

Respectufully,
Dudette ;)

If you don't change that avatar I'm going ot laugh myself to death!:lol:

Dear Dude,

Respectufully,
Dudette ;)

If you don't change that avatar I'm going ot laugh myself to death!:lol:

LOL! Ms Bones told me she had a fear of nuns with rulers. :eusa_angel: Don't you think I'd make a great nun? :lol:

Actually on a whole my daughter was an angel compared to....

She once put a rubber into her most hated teacher's grade book. My mom, (grandma says what's a little rubber) She was suspended for three days. She spent three days in her most non-favorite chair in the living room while she should have been in school. The school supervisor calls me into his office for a parent teacher meeting. He says, "Ms.... I regret to inform you that ........ has been suspended for three days for putting a rubber in Mr..... grade book." I ask him, a RUBBER? What are we talking about here. Last I heard it was rubber cement on Mr.... chair. A rubber band?" He looked at me dumbfounded so I continued. Are we talking a prophylactic type rubber? The man turned ten shades of red. Finally gaining his composure he said hem, hem, yes.

edited for correctness: She did not actually put the rubber in Mr... gradebook. She was the instigator so nailed as the culprit of the action...

:lol:

Dear Dude,

Respectufully,
Dudette ;)

Shoudl have been at Applebee's last Sunday. I was sucking down the brews and a couple of people asked why.

Picture this: my wife, both daughters, granddaughter, niece, niece's daughter and to top it off, my mother. And me. I was like, what did I do to deserve THIS?:lol:

I almost called Dillo to invite him down for a beer.:eusa_whistle:

Hey.... It is perfectly normal to give the NJ salute to everyone while driving, and to cut them off to get to the exit that's 100 feet ahead of you (instead of easing behind them), and to holler "You're mother wears combat boots" out the window!

Okay, daughter thought it was perfectly normal to moon someone when she was 13 too! (I did not teach her that:ack-1:)

apparently you didn't teach her NOT to do that either, MOM ! :lol:
How would I have known to teach her not to do that when it had already transpired... How many people think their thirteen year old is going to moon someone? You teach them to have some modesty (like keep your clothes on in public) but that does not fit into a pranksters set of ideas.

I believe that I'm much better than just plain old "normal" - I'd like to think far better than that but the wife has a much different opinion...:eusa_whistle:

Dear Dude,

Respectufully,
Dudette ;)

Shoudl have been at Applebee's last Sunday. I was sucking down the brews and a couple of people asked why.

Picture this: my wife, both daughters, granddaughter, niece, niece's daughter and to top it off, my mother. And me. I was like, what did I do to deserve THIS?:lol:

LOL! And how many were PMS'ing? Seriously, I've always had sympathy for men with multi-daughters. Why is it though, they always seem to end up with female pets too? :eek:

Admit it.... You know you love bein' surrounded by females.... :lol:

Not when I'm related to them. Contrary to popular Yankee belief, it ain't like that. the only one I liked was my granddaughter.

Not when I'm related to them. Contrary to popular Yankee belief, it ain't like that. the only one I liked was my granddaughter.

Now there was a giggle there, Gunny.... It ain't a "popular Yankee belief" at all. In fact, I'm here 'cause I'm surrounded by all of you.... <g>

You texans are just too uptight. :lol:

I'm sitting here and considering what is normal? America is it normal?

Big towns small towns are they normal?

Is your normal better than my normal?

Should my normal be better than your normal?

Is the quest for freedom of choice a normal path everyone should desire?

How does a society decide what is normal?

When I decide if something is normal, it's based upon my own preconceived notions of what normal is. We all have our yardsticks to measure that.

normalcy is merely the familiar

Nicely put. What my normal is may drive someone else batty; what someone else's normal is may seem odd to me. It's all about familiarity and acclimating to your situation.

sometimes you just gotta let them go and sometimes they got to learn a lesson...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: You got that right. Some of the best lessons are the ones hardest learned.

what?:eek:

I guess Normal is the 75% of Americans
NOT caring about their fellow Americans life
like during Vietnam years.

I guess I'm Abnormal because I CARE.

Baltimore Bob

Forum List

Back