What is more important to you, grades or taxes?

Read the longer question please!

• All of Obama’s grades

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • All of Romney’s tax returns

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
THE QUESTION! READ!

If there were 2 folders on a table, one labeled “All of Mitt’s tax returns” and the other labeled “All Obama’s grades,” and you have the opportunity to take as much time as you like and look over the contents of only one folder. If you could not reveal the information to anyone, you couldn’t leak what you read/saw in anyway and it was solely for you to know to help you and only decide who to vote for, what folder would you chose?

Because this seems to be a HUGE issue in the rants and flames part of the boards (General) I figured I’d ask this question here and do a poll to see the reaction.

So there is debate about what is more important to people, Mitt’s tax returns or Obama’s grades. So I’m going to ask this quest simply and I hope I can get honest answers. This does not have to be "the issue" for you in the election, this is a question about your own personal curiosity on this issue.

I am not putting a “I don’t care” option, if you don’t care, don’t vote, just like in the General Election.

I really don't care about ten years worth of tax returns. No matter what Romney does the left will make political hay of it. If he releases them, he'll be slammed for how much he makes, and then they'll just demand more. If he doesn't release them, they will continue to make shit up. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't really care about Obama's grades, either.

Though my understanding of the college records issue, at least currently, is a question of whether or not he sought to enroll as a foreign student and did he receive financial consideration as such.

Again, this question is relatively low on my list of concerns.

I would have a look at Obama's college transcripts. The reason being, if there was anything hanky-panky about Romney's taxes, the Obama-controlled IRS would have already made that known and it would be on all the news channels in an effort to smear Romney. Besides, Romney has already released all of the tax returns that is normally released by a Presidential candidate. Obama, however, has caused all of his personal information, including college transcripts, to be sealed and it is a highly guarded secret. The real question for me is "What is Obama hiding?"

I would have a look at Obama's college transcripts. The reason being, if there was anything hanky-panky about Romney's taxes, the Obama-controlled IRS would have already made that known and it would be on all the news channels in an effort to smear Romney. Besides, Romney has already released all of the tax returns that is normally released by a Presidential candidate. Obama, however, has caused all of his personal information, including college transcripts, to be sealed and it is a highly guarded secret. The real question for me is "What is Obama hiding?"

Everything he just said!!!

Considering grades are only one of many disclosures Obama has refused to make, I've got to go with the grades.

But I'd much rather see a folder labeled, "The reasons for the many mistakes made by Obama's acquaintances in stating he was born in Kenya".

THE QUESTION! READ!

If there were 2 folders on a table, one labeled “All of Mitt’s tax returns” and the other labeled “All Obama’s grades,” and you have the opportunity to take as much time as you like and look over the contents of only one folder. If you could not reveal the information to anyone, you couldn’t leak what you read/saw in anyway and it was solely for you to know to help you and only decide who to vote for, what folder would you chose?

Because this seems to be a HUGE issue in the rants and flames part of the boards (General) I figured I’d ask this question here and do a poll to see the reaction.

So there is debate about what is more important to people, Mitt’s tax returns or Obama’s grades. So I’m going to ask this quest simply and I hope I can get honest answers. This does not have to be "the issue" for you in the election, this is a question about your own personal curiosity on this issue.

I am not putting a “I don’t care” option, if you don’t care, don’t vote, just like in the General Election.

I appreciate the intentions of the question. :)

I would not be interested in either. Really! More pressing issues always at hand and the information the folders would reveal, would not change my mind about either candidate.

I picked the "Obama's grades" option though I'd be more interested in what classes he took, what papers he wrote and how his ideology was formed rather than his GPA. An additional reason would be that Obama is the POTUS while currently Romney is a private citizen who (I think) at this time is losing in most battle ground States and the electoral college in general.

If Romney should lose the election the tax information would be even more useless to me than it currently is. And that is not too much. I hope he paid as little as legally possible (I know President Obama did). That would be the smart thing to do.

I'd go for Obama's transcripts. We already know Mitt is Rich, and since he is Rich, he has gobs of lawyers and accountants to figure out how to pay as little tax as is legal.

On the other hand, Obama's fans always tout his intellect say compared to Georgie Bush, so I would be interested to see if that claim has as much merit as is given to it.

“Release of the document, while it might serve a political purpose, would not prove very much, he argued. One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show, and what mattered in personal finance was how a man conducted himself over the long haul.”

- George Romney

I'd look at the tax returns. No one is running on their college grades, Mitt IS running on his business experience. That makes the returns relevant. Just ask Mitts Dad.

There is and will be lots of talk about Romney's taxes so I have to ask has anyone here actually looked at the tax returns Romney has released? If he where to release more would you look at them? While were at it has anyone looked at the tax returns released by Obama? It seems like everyone likes to talk about this but few if any have actually looked at what is out there I know I haven't.

A person running on private sector expereience shoud release private sector documents, imo.

There is and will be lots of talk about Romney's taxes so I have to ask has anyone here actually looked at the tax returns Romney has released? If he where to release more would you look at them? While were at it has anyone looked at the tax returns released by Obama? It seems like everyone likes to talk about this but few if any have actually looked at what is out there I know I haven't.

He has released the returns for the years he was campaigning, they don't tell us much.

Last edited:
I went to college. I know what they teach.

I want to see Mitt returns.

Especially those from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. The years Mitt said he wasn't working on Monday then said he was on Tuesday then said he wasn't on Wednesday. I want to see if he committed a "felony".

I really don't care about ten years worth of tax returns. No matter what Romney does the left will make political hay of it. If he releases them, he'll be slammed for how much he makes, and then they'll just demand more. If he doesn't release them, they will continue to make shit up. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Though my understanding of the college records issue, at least currently, is a question of whether or not he sought to enroll as a foreign student and did he receive financial consideration as such.

sigh.....fyi Hj...... http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/was-obama-born-in-the-usa/

it debunks the april fools ap fake story on the foreign scholarship thing
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/was-obama-born-in-the-usa/

Last edited:

sigh.....fyi Hj...... FactCheck.org : Was Obama Born in the USA?

I have no doubt that he was born in the U.S.

I don't care about his college records. I was merely explaining the controversy as I currently understood it, or at least how sone people were pursuing it. My lack of caring about the issue has, in turn, not prompted me to look in to the matter.

Ah, the joy of not caring.

Now, if you want to talk Social Security numbers... LOL

The truth is there is certainly enough evidence for the Obama DOJ to go after Mitt Romney for lying to the US Government which really is a felony.

A 2003 document with the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission states that Romney held several “executive” positions at Bain Capital and its affiliates. “The Massachusetts Ethics Commission filing distinguishes between the Bain companies in which he played an active role and others where he had ‘no active role,’”

Romney was 100% stakeholder in 11 Bain companies later than 1999 - The War Room with Jennifer Granholm // Current TV

The documents are shown "on air". Not something that can be "forged" or that news network would be in "deep Mitt".

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated - Boston.com

There is no such thing as "retro active retirement". He signed documents that said he was gone and he wasn't gone. It really is that simple.

The bottom line is that Mitt is open to investigation or a civil suit from a disgruntled investor. Is it likely to happen? No. Could it happen? All the pieces are there no doubt about it.

I would choose the larger of the 2 folders. At least it might make a good doorstop. Or maybe some kindling. Perhaps a pillow while I wait to leave.

Forum List

Back