What is Meant When Someone Uses the Words "Un-American" or "Anti-American"

When people work against the majority vote because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism.

Republican Timothy McVeigh is the perfect example. Second only to Bin Laden for the number of Americans he killed and wounded. The flame of his hatred for this country fanned by the same type of right wing rhetoric that goes on today with talk secession and forming state militias to fight the federal government.

The Democratic party is made up of blacks, whites, gays, feminists, conservatives, liberals, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, atheist, Asians and other groups, which simply by it's diverse membership defines it as very pro American and what this country is about.

The direct opposite of the Republican Party which is 90% white and Christian. A political party that is defined by it's exclusion. Couple that with an inherent disdain for education and a strong wish for an imaginary past that never existed, and you have a party, that by it's very existence is the definition of "Anti American". They are everything this country is against. Anti human rights, stifling religion, racist, sexist, homophobic. They rant that their freedom is taken away, but the only "freedom" they have lost is the right to "discriminate".

I wish elections mattered to people.

Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives .

You wish elections matters but your applaud this prohibition against anti-fraud?

When we have a legitimate election then the results should be respected.

You want everyone to respect the legitimate results of an election but yet don't agree with the SC when it stopped Fla. from changing election rules after an election?

There are a few Americans today who dont think elections matter.

elections matter.... but you show no outrage when a party threatens to "deem" legislation passed without a vote, to just 'declare' a law is passed.....

Why do you refuse to recognize that there is court documented proof the republicans work to keep dems from voting.

Yeah they were the conservative of their day.

Now its the republicans for the last couple of decades that try to keep people from voting and succede

They were Democrats....
as they are today....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly[/ame]

Those men were security for the polling place and were very nice to the man filming.

Why do you post that video as if something is wrong wtih what they were doing?

Calling someone un-American is just name calling, simple as that. If you were born here, bada bing, youre American.

No American citizen can take it from you, period. They can yammer all they want but it only amounts to name calling.

It would be a very cold America if these bozos called the shots in this country.

It is name calling if it is directed at another person.

It is not name calling when it is directed at an idea, concept, or principle.

Here in this forum it is never directed at anything other than an individual.

Calling someone un-American is just name calling, simple as that. If you were born here, bada bing, youre American.

No American citizen can take it from you, period. They can yammer all they want but it only amounts to name calling.

It would be a very cold America if these bozos called the shots in this country.

Its no more name calling than to say, "See that fat guy or see that tall guy...
Its a description....
Just because you're born in American doesn't mean you can't be unAmerican or hold unAmerican ideals.....

Calling someone un-American is name calling. No one is in the capacity of deeming someone un-American.

When people work against the majority vote because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism.

Republican Timothy McVeigh is the perfect example.

"When people work against the majority vote because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism."

Classic, huh ?

Like fighting against the majority that voted for slavery and to make black people 3/5 of person ?
Yeah, thats extreme alright....thats unAmerican ?....:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Its a description....
Just because you're born in American doesn't mean you can't be unAmerican or hold unAmerican ideals.....

Calling someone un-American is name calling. No one is in the capacity of deeming someone un-American.

The principles of Communism and Communists states have been recognized as enemies of the United States for a hundred years ....so I conclude those that preach that philosophy over the type of Constitutional government we now have ...are by definition UN-American....and I claim the "capacity" , (the right) to make that claim and hold that view, whether you like it or not....

"When people work against the majority vote because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism."

Classic, huh ?

Like fighting against the majority to voted for slavery and to make black people 3/5 of person ?
Yeah, thats extreme alright....that unAmerican....:cuckoo:

You're right. I left out some words.

"When people work against the majority vote using lies, smears, racist rhetoric to promote an anti American agenda because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism."

Thanks for helping me correct that.

Classic, huh ?

Like fighting against the majority that voted for slavery and to make black people 3/5 of person ?

I know you are not suggesting that conservatives were ever against slavery. They are the ones celebrating the "Confederacy". What does that tell you?

Classic, huh ?

Like fighting against the majority to voted for slavery and to make black people 3/5 of person ?
Yeah, thats extreme alright....that unAmerican....:cuckoo:

You're right. I left out some words.

"When people work against the majority vote using lies, smears, racist rhetoric to promote an anti American agenda because they have an extreme ideology bent that has been used by the leaders of their political party. That is often classic anti Americanism."

Thanks for helping me correct that.

And I'll help you even more...

People that use lies, smears, and/or racist rhetoric to promote anything, good or bad is unAmerican.
Majority or minority vote has nothing to do with it....

An extreme ideology, that is, an ideology that differs in basic Constitutional ideals as we now enjoy are unAmerican....
Political party is irrelevant....

Are the tenets of Communism un-American by definition ?
Of course they are, and those that foster those ideals are by definition, UnAmerican.

Its yet another dog-whistle term jinned up by the Right to illicit feelings of hatred and to further demonize the Left as...other.

It works quite well...on the dogs that hear it.

Its a description....

The principles of Communism and Communists states have been recognized as enemies of the United States for a hundred years ....so I conclude those that preach that philosophy over the type of Constitutional government we now have ...are by definition UN-American....and I claim the "capacity" , (the right) to make that claim and hold that view, whether you like it or not....

Give up your social security.

Classic, huh ?

I know you are not suggesting that conservatives were ever against slavery. They are the ones celebrating the "Confederacy". What does that tell you?

It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal...those definitions change with the times and are only relative to one another....their are degrees of liberalism and degrees of conservatism and much they hold in common....

Republicans freed the slaves and fought for their rights, meager as they were at the time....democrats fought civil rights and went to war to keep slavery a part of their lives...thats history (short version)....aborations here and there for sure, not worth debating every nuance over the years...

It was FORCED on me and I own it...like it or not....

You equate SS with Communism ? Are you older than 14 or 15 ?

And why change the subject ?

Last edited:

Classic, huh ?

It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal...those definitions change with the times and are only relative to one another....their are degrees of liberalism and degrees of conservatism and much they hold in common....

Republicans freed the slaves and fought for their rights, meager as they were at the time....democrats fought civil rights and went to war to keep slavery a part of their lives...thats history (short version)....aborations here and there for sure, not worth debating every nuance over the years...

A republican president freed the slaves. A democrat president gave them civil rights.

I also keep hearing this line: "Let's take our country back".

What is that supposed to mean?? Back from whom???

A republican president freed the slaves. A democrat president gave them civil rights.

Thats very true....and he fought his party all the way.....

It was FORCED on me and I own it...like it or not....

You equate SS with Communism ? Are you older than 14 or 15 ?

And why change the subject ?

You claim people that preach communist ideals are un-American yet you will take social security.

Thats very true....and he fought his party all the way.....

And Lincoln did it to win the war........

I also keep hearing this line: "Let's take our country back".

What is that supposed to mean?? Back from whom???

Lets take our country back
From the politicians that:

make laws for us that they don't have to live by
give themselves raises while unemployment is rampent
demand 747's to fly their asses all over the world at my expense
that spend money that doesn't exist
that are bankrupting the nation
that are taking over private industry
that are indoctrinating the children against their parents beliefs

I could go on and on, but whats the point.

Forum List

Back