What is left?

The image of a Valerie Jarret, Mr Obama's close friend from Chicago, slumlord, pal, advisor, paisan, just a little tipsey aboard Air Force One demanding that a two star General go and fetch her some wine:
"More wine, General, more wine!" just rankles the senses.

When the Libs get angry and/or upset they more closely resemble the running of the bulls at Pamplona rather than the exquisite eloquence of a Lloyd George rebuking Neville Chamberlain following the military debacle at Narvik which can still resonate today if paraphrased using the days events:
"Mr Obama, some Americans have sacrificed greatly. All Americans have sacrificed some. Mr Obama, it is now time for you to add your own sacrifice to that sum and go! Leave! Leave NOW!"

If he loses the election..he will leave.

That's the way it's done in this country.

How's it done in your country?

And thus the level of discourse suffers again. It ain't the names being called, it's the attitude. Complete abandonment of the American political virtue of compromise. Hard core partisanship that has finally thrown enough sand into the gears of governance that our creditworthiness has been seen as less than reliable.

We have turned our financial house over to our seventeen year old daughter and she won't budget for the groceries. Congress has an approval rating somewhere near that of vermin and the politically ignorant (who view governance more like a football fan views his favorite team) are cheering the prospect of further economic doom just to make a vapid political point. The middle class has been sold down the river so hedge fund managers can finally afford that fourth Lamborghini and all's well with the Tea Party.

God bless America.

The Liberals and the main stream Democrats have called Republicans Nazis, murderers, terrorists and suicide bombers not to mention racist. We still have a year to the election, what ever will they call us now?

Oh boo hoo hoo!

Some people called your team a bad name.

Woe is you!

Most of the name calling is just common banter. And among us commoners, we make it part of our day by coming on USMB.

when I hear it from the media, I just laugh at their utter non-sense and chalk it up to them pandering to thier base. Immature teenagers think name calling is the shizzle.

However, when biden called us terrorist, that was over the line. The fact that he hasn't apologised for his remark, nor has the media asked him to, is further telling that the left is A OK with such remarks from thier leadership.

Not that I expect much from people that blamed palin for the attempted assasination b/c of some cross hairs.

The Left has nothing left. They're all out of blame-ammo. The People know they suck. And calling everyone "Racist Terrorists" wont change that. The Dems gots to go. See ya in 2012.

Republicans are assholes. Too bad that the left cannot and will not stand up to them - pathetic.

I really do not know which party is worse right now. It is so disturbing, but that doesn't change my assessment. Republicans are assholes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back