What Is It With The Online Phenomenon Of Calling Someone

Aug 22, 2014
stupid or a liar or both simply because they have a different perspective than you on any given topic?

And sadly this seems to be more common with people who clearly don't actually know anything about the topic.

Is that something that only happens on this board, or is it internet wide? And in either case, why?

Example. I have been an MP my entire adult life. I've been in countless fights, made countless arrests and when post in a topic about an arrest (specifically one of the Brown threads) attempting to explain why police make the decisions they do and under what circumstances a LEO can use lethal force, rather than acknowledging that my actual experience and training trumps their political ideology other posters come back with " you're stupid and you can't prove you were in the Army" I mean come on.

Is this the level of discourse on the internet? if so, perhaps it isn't for me.

stupid or a liar or both simply because they have a different perspective than you on any given topic?

And sadly this seems to be more common with people who clearly don't actually know anything about the topic.

Is that something that only happens on this board, or is it internet wide? And in either case, why?

Example. I have been an MP my entire adult life. I've been in countless fights, made countless arrests and when post in a topic about an arrest (specifically one of the Brown threads) attempting to explain why police make the decisions they do and under what circumstances a LEO can use lethal force, rather than acknowledging that my actual experience and training trumps their political ideology other posters come back with " you're stupid and you can't prove you were in the Army" I mean come on.

You started insults on pretty much your first week here I remember. Didn't bother me your saying to me, "because I'm more intelligent than you" I'm just saying you lowered the discourse level right out of the starting gate.

lol, isn't that exactly what you did to Bodecea?

To be expected from a libtard...I feel your pain.

• Banned

lol, isn't that exactly what you did to Bodecea?

Um no. I didn't question her about her mlitary service because of her opinions. I questioned her military service because of things she said that don't make sense.

In actuality, I really haven't seen her post any political opinions that I disagree with.

• Banned
Dumb thread, dood.

It's dumb to ask why people call people stupid simply because they disagree with them?

Now I'm not talking about the people who post stupid stuff and are rightfully slammed for it. I'm talking about the people who post factual information that backs up their opinion and get slammed for it, rather than someone saying "hey good information"

Dumb thread, dood.

It's dumb to ask why people call people stupid simply because they disagree with them?

Now I'm not talking about the people who post stupid stuff and are rightfully slammed for it. I'm talking about the people who post factual information that backs up their opinion and get slammed for it, rather than someone saying "hey good information"

My advice is to get used to ignoring it. Any substantive thread will draw a lot of brainless responses from ideologues. Filter them out and respond to posters who make thoughtful responses; otherwise you are just feeding the trolls.

• Banned
Dumb thread, dood.

My advice is to get used to ignoring it. Any substantive thread will draw a lot of brainless responses from ideologues. Filter them out and respond to posters who make thoughtful responses; otherwise you are just feeding the trolls.

But I don't really just want to talk to myself here :D

Dumb thread, dood.

But I don't really just want to talk to myself here :D

Hopefully if the thread has good potential, you'll get a half dozen or so thoughtful posters. You just have to plow through the partisan japes to get to them. Welcome to my world.

Forum List

Back