What Is It With Left/Public Radio?: 'This American Life' Radio Show Caught Lying...

Fox hires people to lie and paid the big bucks in court to do so.

Maybe they should have their broadcasting rights removed.

The liar was fired by the station.

If fox fired their liars they would have no one left to broadcast.

Irrelevant. Your GE/NBC nutters lie all the time. They're private companies. Public Radio & TV are a different matter entirely.
Do you listen to This American Life?

I do.

I heard the Daisy story in January and I heard the lengthy retraction broadcast last week.

If you were a listener, you would not be making such a fuss. Ira Glass and the producers of This American Life handled the situation professionally, transparently and thoroughly.

Here is a link that will help you understand.

Home | This American Life

Here, you can listen to the original broadcast in January and hear the retraction of last week.

Well, you would say all that. You're a loyal Left/Democrat no?

I believe in the truth. There is a reality about these workers are being treated. A man tries to expose that, and you call him by a certain political orientation in order to demerit. It's unreal that you want people to work in terrible conditions. That you want to turn a blind eye. Wake up.

He's a liar. And that should offend you. What happened to you?

Look. Everyone lies. It's a matter of what is actually true that is important. He lied to embellish a truth that already exists. Poor worker conditions is not exactly a secret among big corporations moving overseas where the labor is cheap and the people are poor. I have a hard time believing that in this one instance, the conditions were A-OK and Daisy was the complete liar. Apple is lying too. What is important to me are the reasons why people lie. Apple lies to conceal harsh conditions that would wreck their bottom line if word got out. Daisy lied to draw attention to human suffering that still remains. That is quite a distinction if you ask me. It is never so simple as 'someone lied,' and therefore, that person is bad and all liberals are evil. There is more information to consider than this.

Fox hires people to lie and paid the big bucks in court to do so.

Maybe they should have their broadcasting rights removed.

The liar was fired by the station.

If fox fired their liars they would have no one left to broadcast.

Irrelevant. Your GE/NBC nutters lie all the time. They're private companies. Public Radio & TV are a different matter entirely.
Do you listen to This American Life?

I do.

I heard the Daisy story in January and I heard the lengthy retraction broadcast last week.

If you were a listener, you would not be making such a fuss. Ira Glass and the producers of This American Life handled the situation professionally, transparently and thoroughly.

Here is a link that will help you understand.

Home | This American Life

Here, you can listen to the original broadcast in January and hear the retraction of last week.

They should have applied basic journalistic standards before they aired the lies. I am glad they retracted the story, but it doesn't excuse them running with the lies initially.

The left is just angry that the lies were exposed. Even if the accusations aren't true, they should be true and they might be true someplace which entitles the left to continue to believe them.

I believe in the truth. There is a reality about these workers are being treated. A man tries to expose that, and you call him by a certain political orientation in order to demerit. It's unreal that you want people to work in terrible conditions. That you want to turn a blind eye. Wake up.

He's a liar. And that should offend you. What happened to you?

Look. Everyone lies. It's a matter of what is actually true that is important. He lied to embellish a truth that already exists. Poor worker conditions is not exactly a secret among big corporations moving overseas where the labor is cheap and the people are poor. I have a hard time believing that in this one instance, the conditions were A-OK and Daisy was the complete liar. Apple is lying too. What is important to me are the reasons why people lie. Apple lies to conceal harsh conditions that would wreck their bottom line if word got out. Daisy lied to draw attention to human suffering that still remains. That is quite a distinction if you ask me. It is never so simple as 'someone lied,' and therefore, that person is bad and all liberals are evil. There is more information to consider than this.

Well then you give them your own Money. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to fund propaganda. Period, end of story.

The left is just angry that the lies were exposed. Even if the accusations aren't true, they should be true and they might be true someplace which entitles the left to continue to believe them.

Well, it's their side doing the lying. So i'm certainly not surprised they're spinning it so much. I understand Media is propaganda. But Taxpayers don't need to fund it. That time has now passed.

Well, you would say all that. You're a loyal Left/Democrat no?

Mike Daisy lied. He made it up. He made it all up. It's unreal that democrats prefer to believe the lie. He exposed nothing, he got exposed as a complete liar then claimed his lies were just theater.

It's obvious you know nothing about the story. A good bet, when you know nothing about a story,

is to say nothing about a story.

For that advice, you're welcome.

If this were Fox News, i'm pretty sure these same Leftists would be screeching for arrests or something. lol! So come on people, forced Taxpayer-Funding of Public Radio & TV should be a thing of the past. It really is an outdated concept.

If this were Fox News, i'm pretty sure these same Leftists would be screeching for arrests or something. lol! So come on people, forced Taxpayer-Funding of Public Radio & TV should be a thing of the past. It really is an outdated concept.

Actually it's a purely democratic concept. You get to vote for your representatives, and then, if more of your representatives want to fund public broadcasting than don't,

it gets funded. If they don't, it doesn't.

'This American Life' busted the guy.

Why is that so hard for wingnuts to comprehend?
looks like right wingers see no deceptions from the right.

hmmm.................

:clap2:

Well, you're certainly free to give them your own Money. But don't force others to.

Okay, your personal contribution would be how much exactly? :lol:

tool, go away. no one is forced to give any money to public radio. you are clueless as to how taxes in a representative republic work.

If even half the population who pay taxes wanted to stop their personal tax dollars from going to public radio, what percentage of the grant money would that actually be? 1% or less?

looks like right wingers see no deceptions from the right.

hmmm.................

:clap2:

Well, you're certainly free to give them your own Money. But don't force others to.

tool, go away. no one is forced to give any money to public radio. you are clueless as to how taxes in a representative republic work.

If even half the population who pay taxes wanted to stop their personal tax dollars from going to public radio, what percentage of the grant money would that actually be? 1% or less?

Like i said, you're free to give them all the Money you want. But no Taxpayer should be forced to. You guys on the Left abused that privilege. Taxpayer-Funded Propaganda is wrong. It is what it is.

Working conditions in China are fantastic. They even put up nets to catch workers who might fall down on the jobs.

another-foxconn-suicide.jpg

ed5ad_i6kUoA0WMmzU.jpg

article-0-09DA1EAE000005DC-167_468x317.jpg

Pretty fucking thoughtful if you ask me. They don't do that here.
Typical leftist regime. Can't even escape the government by suicide.

I got the chance after I lost to John McCain last time, to go over to -- that was the good part of losing -- I got to go to the Olympic Games in China. It's pretty impressive over there how quickly they can build things, how productive they are as a society. You should see their airport compared to our airports, their highways, their train systems. They're moving quickly in part because the regulators see their job as encouraging private people. It's amazing. The head of Coca-Cola said the business environment is friendlier in China than in America. And that's because of the regulators. That's because of government.

You can listen to Mitt talk about "slaying the (US) government beast" here:

Mitt Romney Praises Chinese Regulators

Now, show me where Democrats are praising the Chinese Government the way Republicans do.
Obama Says There’s Been an ‘Evolution’ in Human Rights in China—Even Though China Lacks Freedom of Religion and of the Press and Is Run by Communist Party

Obama praises China's move to allow its currency to float - CNN.com

Like i said, you're free to give them all the Money you want. But no Taxpayer should be forced to. You guys on the Left abused that privilege. Taxpayer-Funded Propaganda is wrong. It is what it is.
how much do you personally give to public radio in tax dollars? the contributions of you and all your friends would not even equal one dollar. :lol:

in a representative republic, the government acts in our name with our blessing

sorry, you lose

get the fuck out of the country if you don't like it

:cool:
dD

Forum List

Back