What Is It With Left/Public Radio?: 'This American Life' Radio Show Caught Lying...

Obviously Public Radio & Public Televison are ...

An author lies and the Obviously Left/Democrat-Biased Media are blamed?

okay

:cuckoo:

Yes, they are to blame. They ran with the lie without applying even the minimal required journalistic scrutiny. You want to give them a free pass, than so be it. But don't demand all Taxpayers fund such lies. Just give em your own money.

Last edited:
Time to end all Taxpayer-Funding for Public Radio & TV. Period, end of story.

No, the question is are they a trustworthy news source, or not? Apparently not.

Why on earth would anyone believe anything that comes from a writer who embellishes and lies? Are we just supposed to accept that he knows best and be happy with what he tells us, regardless ofwhether it's true or not?

danratherfingercopy5rb.jpg

Like him or not Dar Rather's long career will be forever linked
with his hatred for GW Bush and his trying to destroy him weeks before
a national election.

Pretty sad.
Now he's pretty much just a nothing in journalism...

Bush did avoid Veitnam with his national guard service.

When will FOX fire all their liars?

No, the question is are they a trustworthy news source, or not? Apparently not.

Why on earth would anyone believe anything that comes from a writer who embellishes and lies? Are we just supposed to accept that he knows best and be happy with what he tells us, regardless ofwhether it's true or not?

danratherfingercopy5rb.jpg

Like him or not Dar Rather's long career will be forever linked
with his hatred for GW Bush and his trying to destroy him weeks before
a national election.

Pretty sad.
Now he's pretty much just a nothing in journalism...
Yup. And he's forever tarnished CBS' reputation as a news outlet. Now it's perceived as nothing but a DNC propaganda outlet.

Propaganda is propaganda. And that's what Media is all about. So I get that, but Taxpayers should not be forced to fund propaganda. It really is that simple.

Maybe federal dollars/tax payer dollars should be
taken from public radio and sent to the universities
so the girls can have all that sex.....

Just a thought....:tongue:

Obviously Public Radio & Public Televison are Left/Democrat-Biased, so why do they continue receiving Tax Dollar-funding?

Radio show’s Foxconn story retracted due to fabrications by author

Recent media scrutiny of the working conditions of Apple’s overseas factories pushed the company to recently open factory doors for inspection. Details of one report from one of Apple’s most ardent critics, however, have been found to be a lie.

In January, a monologue aired by the radio show This American Life told accounts of hazardous working conditions for Chinese workers at Apple’s Foxconn factories. Last week, Marketplace’s China Correspondent Rob Schmitz and This American Life host Ira Glass confronted the monologue’s author Mike Daisey on air. Daisey, who is also an actor, admitted that he had fabricated portions of the account where he had met workers who had been poisoned by a toxic chemical while working in the factory. Daisey said he had wanted to “capture the totality” of his trip to China.

Schmitz tracked down the woman who worked as Daisey’s Chinese translator, who told him that portions of Daisey’s story were false. Glass subsequently issued a retraction Friday for This American Life, and said that Daisey had lied to him during the fact-checking that took place prior to airing the story.

The original story in January is This American Life’s most popular story to date, the show said in a press release about the incident. The story has been downloaded 888,000 times and streamed 206,000 as of Friday. This American Life has now killed the show after concluding that it cannot “vouch for the truth of Mike Daisey’s monologue about Apple in China.”

Glass said they are “horrified to have let something like this onto public radio,” and that This American Life is devoting the entirety of this week’s program to detailing the numerous errors in Daisey’s fiction.

Daisey is, however, hardly apologetic.

“I stand by my work,” Daisey said Friday in a statement on his website about the piece. He said the piece featured on This American Life was an “adaptation” of his longer critically acclaimed monologue, “The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs,” which first debuted in 2010. His intentions were to bring awareness to the conditions under which American consumer electronics are made.

Daisey’s confession comes after he had been featured on national television and had conducted numerous interviews discussing his account. Daisey, who is not a journalist and confesses as much, admitted to having taken a “few shortcuts” – his motivation: his “passion to be heard.”

Read more: This American Life | Apple Foxconn Story | Fabrications | The Daily Caller

NPR: All Programs A-Z

PBS: Public Broadcasting Service

Attacks on NPR and PBS are an on going effort by conservatives to dumb down Americans. Anyone who has not listened to or watched their programing is missing an amazing variety of educational entertainment. I post these links in the hope that curiosity will be kindled and some who have never tuned into NPR and believe Sesame Street is characteristic of PBS will take a look and listen/watch some amazing programs.

Working conditions in China are fantastic. They even put up nets to catch workers who might fall down on the jobs.

another-foxconn-suicide.jpg

ed5ad_i6kUoA0WMmzU.jpg

article-0-09DA1EAE000005DC-167_468x317.jpg

Pretty fucking thoughtful if you ask me. They don't do that here.

Attacks on NPR and PBS are an on going effort by conservatives to dumb down Americans.
What are you whining about? You have plenty of media outlets that lean left. You don't need all of them to lean left.

What am I saying? Of COURSE you need all media outlets to lean left. Can't have anyone exposed to dangerous, unapproved conservative ideas.

Attacks on NPR and PBS are an on going effort by conservatives to dumb down Americans.
What are you whining about? You have plenty of media outlets that lean left. You don't need all of them to lean left.

What am I saying? Of COURSE you need all media outlets to lean left. Can't have anyone exposed to dangerous, unapproved conservative ideas.

I'm not whining; I stated a fact.

You use the word left without defining what you mean. I'm not speaking of a dictionary definition, what do you mean by "leaning left"?

As for wanting all media to lean left I can assure you no matter what benefits a left leaning commentator might bring to the left, the remarks of Rush Limbaugh create greater ones.

He was telling the truth about the evil of a big US corporaton using slave labor. So he made a couple errors here and there. Do you walk on water?

I'm not whining; I stated a fact.

You use the word left without defining what you mean. I'm not speaking of a dictionary definition, what do you mean by "leaning left"?

As for wanting all media to lean left I can assure you no matter what benefits a left leaning commentator might bring to the left, the remarks of Rush Limbaugh create greater ones.

You know what you liberals problem is?

You think we get our beliefs from conservative talk shows, but you are wrong.
Most of us go to conservative talk radio because they are echoing what most of us are already thinking.

It amazes me how you guys love to say you like diversity, but you're one of the most intolerant groups of individuals on earth.

Forum List

Back