What is it like to live alone?

I carry a knife and a straight razor. Unlike a lot of people, I'm just crazy enough to enjoy using them.

Some love to live alone some don't.

I respect both and I understand both

Both are happy in their own way and we are not here to judge one or the other. How ignorant of some to judge and say you should be happier like this or you should be happy like that.......:cuckoo:

Nothing is written on fire when it comes to personal fulfilment.

That's my opinion on the subject, my friends.

I wouldn't mind having a dog though! :D

0d1a34529c50b68daa30e072bb718c83.jpg

How cute is that? Oh, so cute!
I just got a little 8 pound maltipoo rescue. Damn is he needy and scared of everything. I don't know that I would ever get a rescue dog again if they are this damaged. He may as well be a human male he's such as scared little rabbit.

I've had several rescues. Fostered for a while and all of my dogs are rescues.

Some of them, most actually, except for the puppies take some time. Give him a 6 months to a year or so and you should have a more "normal" dog. Of course most of mine have been labs or shepherds so I don't know much about how these little dogs behave normally, but I'd expect it to be not so different in terms of your seeing some progress as time goes by.

That dog will never forget you saved his ass either. You'll know what I mean in a year or two, I think....

This is my first rescue. I had my other poodle since she was a puppy. We were incredibly close and she was absolutely fearless. Nothing bothered her. This little guy is afraid of everything. When he gets frightened he scrunches his eyes closed and pees himself. He's been badly abused and neglected. Who would beat an 8 pound dog?

I think this is cute:

world-biggest-pitbull-the-hulk-dark-dynasty-k9-12.jpg
I like pit bulls. They smile. I have neve seen another dog smile like pits do. They have a smile that can light up the room.

I rescued one. Or rather, he came to me and asked for help. He was in bad shape but kept his good humor. I found him a family and that smile, I will never forget the look on his face when he got his forever family.
I don't believe in having pets that can eat you if they want.
So cats are out?

I just got a little 8 pound maltipoo rescue. Damn is he needy and scared of everything. I don't know that I would ever get a rescue dog again if they are this damaged. He may as well be a human male he's such as scared little rabbit.

I've had several rescues. Fostered for a while and all of my dogs are rescues.

Some of them, most actually, except for the puppies take some time. Give him a 6 months to a year or so and you should have a more "normal" dog. Of course most of mine have been labs or shepherds so I don't know much about how these little dogs behave normally, but I'd expect it to be not so different in terms of your seeing some progress as time goes by.

That dog will never forget you saved his ass either. You'll know what I mean in a year or two, I think....

This is my first rescue. I had my other poodle since she was a puppy. We were incredibly close and she was absolutely fearless. Nothing bothered her. This little guy is afraid of everything. When he gets frightened he scrunches his eyes closed and pees himself. He's been badly abused and neglected. Who would beat an 8 pound dog?

Only a lunatic would do that. Unfortunately there are more than enough of those assholes to go around.

He'll come around. Abused dogs are like abused people I think. Little trust, no sense of security, but that usually changes over time.

It makes me sad to read this. If you really felt this way, you wouldn't even post on this board. Of course, we all need some kind of human contact and affection from others of our own species. Even YOU, Tipsycatlover, need love. :)

If YOU want love, get a cocker spaniel. There you go. Now you're loved. Other than that you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Seriously do you get your love from a message board? Really? What a miserable sad little existence you must have.

Well, I was actually talking about you and what you said in your post about not needing people. Your "tough guy" act is not as impressive as you seem to think it is. :D

I really don't "need" anyone. I am quite happy without anyone making demands on me and feel quite sorry for anyone who does. Those who have flights of fancy in which they imagine that I am miserable or in fact, have a need for a nag, are assumed to be merely jealous. I've mostly lived alone since 1976, what's it like to be afraid of facing the world by yourself?

There is nothing wrong with living alone. I've lived alone for the past several years (well, my son lives with me, but he is hardly ever home), but you act as if you don't need any human contact at all, but everyone does in one way or another even if they don't want to admit it. You joined a "discussion board" where you know there are other human beings, so that is human contact. :D

I don't consider message boards contact. You aren't real people you know. You aren't human. You don't have feelings or emotions. You are simply words on a screen. You could be entirely electronic bots. There are robots now that can carry on entire conversations, they aren't human either.

I don't mind human beings. I simply would prefer not to think of them as living things. So I don't.

I don't like you and you don't like me but I suspect we have some things in common. Abusive family is the biggie and it leaves scars that may not show but last forever.

It's been a long time since I lived alone. I was never particularly lonely but I had two bookstores that kept me working very long hours. I drank too much, smoked heavily, basically lived on coffee, booze and cigs. And fast food/takeout.

When I ran from abusive alkyl husband in Tucson, I also left friends and everything familiar. Landed in a city I had never been to and knew no one. And no one knew where I was. I thought I'd be lonely but wasn't.

Now married to my dream man, well off, have everything I could ever want. I thought I would want to make friends but I don't.

The point of all that is that I finally found a way up and out.

Tipsy, you're very angry, very bitter. You can say you're not lonely but you're also not happy.

You came from an angry, bitter family. Don't let that own your whole life. Don't let them make you what they are or were.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

If YOU want love, get a cocker spaniel. There you go. Now you're loved. Other than that you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Seriously do you get your love from a message board? Really? What a miserable sad little existence you must have.

Well, I was actually talking about you and what you said in your post about not needing people. Your "tough guy" act is not as impressive as you seem to think it is. :D

I really don't "need" anyone. I am quite happy without anyone making demands on me and feel quite sorry for anyone who does. Those who have flights of fancy in which they imagine that I am miserable or in fact, have a need for a nag, are assumed to be merely jealous. I've mostly lived alone since 1976, what's it like to be afraid of facing the world by yourself?

There is nothing wrong with living alone. I've lived alone for the past several years (well, my son lives with me, but he is hardly ever home), but you act as if you don't need any human contact at all, but everyone does in one way or another even if they don't want to admit it. You joined a "discussion board" where you know there are other human beings, so that is human contact. :D

I don't consider message boards contact. You aren't real people you know. You aren't human. You don't have feelings or emotions. You are simply words on a screen. You could be entirely electronic bots. There are robots now that can carry on entire conversations, they aren't human either.

I don't mind human beings. I simply would prefer not to think of them as living things. So I don't.

I don't like you and you don't like me but I suspect we have some things in common. Abusive family is the biggie and it leaves scars that may not show but last forever.

It's been a long time since I lived alone. I was never particularly lonely but I had two bookstores that kept me working very long hours. I drank too much, smoked heavily, basically lived on coffee, booze and cigs. And fast food/takeout.

When I ran from abusive alkyl husband in Tucson, I also left friends and everything familiar. Landed in a city I had never been to and knew no one. And no one knew where I was. I thought I'd be lonely but wasn't.

Now married to my dream man, well off, have everything I could ever want. I thought I would want to make friends but I don't.

The point of all that is that I finally found a way up and out.

Tipsy, you're very angry, very bitter. You can say you're not lonely but you're also not happy.

You came from an angry, bitter family. Don't let that own your whole life. Don't let them make you what they are or were.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
I have a great deal to keep me busy. I paint (obviously) and write. I'm on my second novel, third if you count the one I wrote in my son's name and has just gone off to the editor for publishing. I really don't like people very much and tend not to make a good friend and a terrible, terrible, relationship. I am very abusive to the men sorry enough to get into my life. I represented so many low life criminals in my time, so many drug users, dealers, and victims I don't want to see another one.

I value my time alone.

I have lived alone for years. I love it. I far much prefer living alone. Although I do live with my dog who is demanding enough for anyone. Feed me, take me for a walk, love me up, I'm afraid, all doggy demands.

I am not afraid of being attacked. I am always armed with something a knife, gun, straight razor. It would be a good excuse to do a little damage and have it done legally.

Right now the technology is moving toward companion robots which would certainly alleviate any concerns about love or sex. People don't really need people after all.

It makes me sad to read this. If you really felt this way, you wouldn't even post on this board. Of course, we all need some kind of human contact and affection from others of our own species. Even YOU, Tipsycatlover, need love. :)

I love you ChrisL. Hehehe. But why did you change the 't' in your name to an 'L'?

How about Tuko, from The Good The Bad And The Ugly movie? He always complains that he has no friends. Do you like kicking your friends in the ass? I think I do that, and that counts against me. What if I am like Tuko? Do you know guys like that? Do they survive?

Forum List

Back