What is it like to live alone?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Someone on another forum said, that not having sex doesn't kill you because everyone can buy it from whores, but not getting love does. And this seems true, statistically at least.

What is it about love that kills people? Most old people live alone. They could be attacked at any time, on the street or even inside their homes. But this is not what they seem to be afraid of.

It appears that the lack of love kills them faster than the lack of even personal security.

How afraid are old people for their personal security?

How afraid are they of the lack of love?

How is this?

Discuss.

If you have a solid network of friendships, then living alone isn't much of a problem.

I lived alone for many years while in the Navy, and never had a problem.

But then again, I had a lot of friends out in town.

If you have a solid network of friendships, then living alone isn't much of a problem.

Friends are mostly digital in the 21st century, or digitized over Facebook and such, not biological.

It is up to a person if they wish to live in isolation or not.
I know probably a thousand people from all around the world who'd stop me in a grocery store and ask how I've been.

Friends are mostly digital in the 21st century, or digitized over Facebook and such, not biological.
You need another life.

I liked living alone. Of course, I love living with my beautiful nympho wife..

I have lived alone for years. I love it. I far much prefer living alone. Although I do live with my dog who is demanding enough for anyone. Feed me, take me for a walk, love me up, I'm afraid, all doggy demands.

I am not afraid of being attacked. I am always armed with something a knife, gun, straight razor. It would be a good excuse to do a little damage and have it done legally.

Right now the technology is moving toward companion robots which would certainly alleviate any concerns about love or sex. People don't really need people after all.

I have lived alone for years. I love it. I far much prefer living alone. Although I do live with my dog who is demanding enough for anyone. Feed me, take me for a walk, love me up, I'm afraid, all doggy demands.

I am not afraid of being attacked. I am always armed with something a knife, gun, straight razor. It would be a good excuse to do a little damage and have it done legally.

Right now the technology is moving toward companion robots which would certainly alleviate any concerns about love or sex. People don't really need people after all.

It makes me sad to read this. If you really felt this way, you wouldn't even post on this board. Of course, we all need some kind of human contact and affection from others of our own species. Even YOU, Tipsycatlover, need love. :)

It makes me sad to read this. If you really felt this way, you wouldn't even post on this board. Of course, we all need some kind of human contact and affection from others of our own species. Even YOU, Tipsycatlover, need love. :)

If YOU want love, get a cocker spaniel. There you go. Now you're loved. Other than that you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Seriously do you get your love from a message board? Really? What a miserable sad little existence you must have.

Someone on another forum said, that not having sex doesn't kill you because everyone can buy it from whores, but not getting love does. And this seems true, statistically at least.

What is it about love that kills people? Most old people live alone. They could be attacked at any time, on the street or even inside their homes. But this is not what they seem to be afraid of.

It appears that the lack of love kills them faster than the lack of even personal security.

How afraid are old people for their personal security?

How afraid are they of the lack of love?

How is this?

Discuss.
My grandmother had a permanent house guest the whole time I was growing up. She was an older lady that did not and was not so bad that she needed to live in a nursing home but did not want to live alone, so my grandparents let her live with them. She didn't have any family so she was adopted by ours and we all felt like she was part of the family. She was like having an older aunt around. You don't see that kind of caring for one another like that as much these days. Hopefully at some point people will return to caring for one another on a personal basis without all the other garbage involved in it.

If YOU want love, get a cocker spaniel. There you go. Now you're loved. Other than that you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Seriously do you get your love from a message board? Really? What a miserable sad little existence you must have.
you are one miserable person

Well, I was actually talking about you and what you said in your post about not needing people. Your "tough guy" act is not as impressive as you seem to think it is. :D

you are one miserable person
Sure seems like it at times with some of those post made.

I wouldn't mind having a dog though! :D

0d1a34529c50b68daa30e072bb718c83.jpg

How cute is that? Oh, so cute!

Well, I was actually talking about you and what you said in your post about not needing people. Your "tough guy" act is not as impressive as you seem to think it is. :D

I really don't "need" anyone. I am quite happy without anyone making demands on me and feel quite sorry for anyone who does. Those who have flights of fancy in which they imagine that I am miserable or in fact, have a need for a nag, are assumed to be merely jealous. I've mostly lived alone since 1976, what's it like to be afraid of facing the world by yourself?

I wouldn't mind having a dog though! :D

0d1a34529c50b68daa30e072bb718c83.jpg

How cute is that? Oh, so cute!
I just got a little 8 pound maltipoo rescue. Damn is he needy and scared of everything. I don't know that I would ever get a rescue dog again if they are this damaged. He may as well be a human male he's such as scared little rabbit.

Forum List

Back