What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

Their fervent belief that one day Republicans will criminalize poverty.

I agree. One day, people will not be allowed to buy anything from McDonalds....

Wait...I have to re-think that opinion....

LMAO! "One Day" debtor prisons are already here.:eusa_angel: Good read, huh?

Some lawmakers, judges and regulators are trying to rein in the U.S. debt-collection industry's use of arrest warrants to recoup money owed by borrowers who are behind on credit-card payments, auto loans and other bills.

More than a third of all U.S. states allow borrowers who can't or won't pay to be jailed. Judges have signed off on more than 5,000 such warrants since the start of 2010 in nine counties with a total population of 13.6 million people, according to a tally by The Wall Street Journal of filings in those counties.

Debtors' Prison Gets a 2011 Update - WSJ.com

The key belief that they can live in a capitalist system and not pay their fair share of the freight for the havoc that system creates.

You mean you think the bottom 55% of Americans are Republicans?
Cause - that is who doesn't pay any income taxes.

In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

The only thing I could think of was "cut taxes". But if you don't have a job, that's not a lot of help and Republicans ran on "Jobs, jobs, jobs".

So what has the leadership accomplished for the Republican base that the base can point to and say, "See"?

It's OK to go all the way back to 2000.

Same tactic that the Dems use. Lie your fucking ass off and rely on stupidity to do the rest.

We should first quantify "base" of the RNC. The upper 10 & corporate heads, and members of the middle class with the most to lose.

You missed the question however with a lazy dodge, try again. In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

I would say Faith Based Charities, and the New Prosperity Initiative. That is about the sum total of what Bush did for the majority of his base in eight years. Most of what he claimed to do, he lied about and never funded or put it so far out in the future it would never see sunlight.

Charity? My opinion of Charity is that it's good in a pinch, but in the long run, isn't it just "welfare" by a different name?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

This is why cutting education and jobs programs will be such a terrible disaster for this country. Without those, you reduce millions of Americans to "charity".

The key belief that they can live in a capitalist system and not pay their fair share of the freight for the havoc that system creates.

Red States are much more poor than Blue States. What does that tell you?
We've linked to government reports many times showing how money flows from Blue States to Red States. It's not something that can be denied. What do we do to change that?

Probably 1/2 of your 55% are, and people not paying taxes is a problem for America. What I am talking about is a capitalist system designed to create poverty and greed that the right has signed onto. While the right wants all the perks, they don't want to pay for all the social problems they create, in getting the perks. ie. you want cheap gasoline, so create wars that kill Americans and run up trillion dollar tabs. Then don't want to pay your fair share for the havoc you wreak.

Last edited:

Probably 1/2 of your 55% are, and people not paying taxes is a problem for America. What I am talking about is a capitalist system designed to create poverty and greed that the right has signed onto. While the right wants all the perks, they don't want to pay for all the social problems they create, in getting the perks. ie. you want cheap gasoline, so create wars that kill Americans and run up trillion dollar tabs. Then don't want to pay your fair share for the havoc you wreak.

The capitalistic system we have was created by both parties and both are in the pockets of the corporations.

Organization Total '89-'10 Dem % Repub % Tilt
1 ActBlue $52,443,515 99% 0%
2 American Fedn of State, County & Municipal Employees $45,237,853 94% 1%
3 AT&T Inc $41,197,490 45% 54%
4 National Assn of Realtors $39,707,910 47% 49%
5 National Education Assn $36,310,095 81% 5%
6 Service Employees International Union $35,873,039 78% 2%
7 American Assn for Justice $33,980,771 89% 8%
8 Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers $33,475,254 97% 2%
9 Laborers Union $31,331,267 89% 7%
10 American Federation of Teachers $31,021,128 90% 0%
11 Teamsters Union $30,632,309 89% 6%
12 Carpenters & Joiners Union $30,572,687 86% 9%
13 Communications Workers of America $29,445,653 95% 0%
14 American Medical Assn $27,405,040 39% 59%
15 United Auto Workers $27,106,207 98% 0%
16 United Food & Commercial Workers Union $26,788,209 93% 0%
17 National Auto Dealers Assn $26,625,992 32% 67%
18 Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union $26,349,874 98% 0%
19 United Parcel Service $24,450,717 37% 62%
20 American Bankers Assn $24,105,244 39% 60%

We've linked to government reports many times showing how money flows from Blue States to Red States. It's not something that can be denied. What do we do to change that?

you are hopeless dude....

Same tactic that the Dems use. Lie your fucking ass off and rely on stupidity to do the rest.

We should first quantify "base" of the RNC. The upper 10 & corporate heads, and members of the middle class with the most to lose.

You missed the question however with a lazy dodge, try again. In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

I would say Faith Based Charities, and the New Prosperity Initiative. That is about the sum total of what Bush did for the majority of his base in eight years. Most of what he claimed to do, he lied about and never funded or put it so far out in the future it would never see sunlight.

Charity? My opinion of Charity is that it's good in a pinch, but in the long run, isn't it just "welfare" by a different name?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

This is why cutting education and jobs programs will be such a terrible disaster for this country. Without those, you reduce millions of Americans to "charity".

And that is exactly why this conservative donates her time to a charity that actually teaches homeless people skills to help them to help themselves. I do that for free. What do you do?

I know it seems longer and the GOP seems like the dominent political factor in the US but the GOP has had the majority in congress for about 6 months. Democrats had four years to create jobs and all they did was spend our grand kids money and pay off supporters and assorted crooks. Fannie went bust under the democrat watch. If it wasn't for the Republican base we wouldn't even be having a conversation about spending. Democrats would continue to lie like they did when Fannie was going under and then blame Bush when they drove the US into bankruptcy.

The capitalistic system we have was created by both parties and both are in the pockets of the corporations.

Organization Total '89-'10 Dem % Repub % Tilt
1 ActBlue $52,443,515 99% 0%
2 American Fedn of State, County & Municipal Employees $45,237,853 94% 1%
3 AT&T Inc $41,197,490 45% 54%
4 National Assn of Realtors $39,707,910 47% 49%
5 National Education Assn $36,310,095 81% 5%
6 Service Employees International Union $35,873,039 78% 2%
7 American Assn for Justice $33,980,771 89% 8%
8 Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers $33,475,254 97% 2%
9 Laborers Union $31,331,267 89% 7%
10 American Federation of Teachers $31,021,128 90% 0%
11 Teamsters Union $30,632,309 89% 6%
12 Carpenters & Joiners Union $30,572,687 86% 9%
13 Communications Workers of America $29,445,653 95% 0%
14 American Medical Assn $27,405,040 39% 59%
15 United Auto Workers $27,106,207 98% 0%
16 United Food & Commercial Workers Union $26,788,209 93% 0%
17 National Auto Dealers Assn $26,625,992 32% 67%
18 Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union $26,349,874 98% 0%
19 United Parcel Service $24,450,717 37% 62%
20 American Bankers Assn $24,105,244 39% 60%

Actually, no.

You need to do a little more research than simply print numbers. That is, if you want the whole story.

Say you work at a company that has ten thousand employees. The employees hold fund raisers and bake sales and give private donations and then bundle the money together and contribute to their candidate's campaign listing the source as the company they work at. But the money doesn't come from the company itself, but from the employees.

Now say the company CEO and BOD give a large sum of money ALSO in the name of the company. But that comes from just a couple of people.

So it appears the company contributed to two campaigns, and they did. But from two very different groups of people. Personally, I relate to the employees. The Republican leadership relates to the CEO.

Unless it doesn't matter to you. Money is money no matter where it came from. That's how many Republicans see it. In that very "simple" way.

Their fervent belief that one day Republicans will criminalize poverty.

I agree. One day, people will not be allowed to buy anything from McDonalds....

Wait...I have to re-think that opinion....

LMAO! "One Day" debtor prisons are already here.:eusa_angel: Good read, huh?

Some lawmakers, judges and regulators are trying to rein in the U.S. debt-collection industry's use of arrest warrants to recoup money owed by borrowers who are behind on credit-card payments, auto loans and other bills.

More than a third of all U.S. states allow borrowers who can't or won't pay to be jailed. Judges have signed off on more than 5,000 such warrants since the start of 2010 in nine counties with a total population of 13.6 million people, according to a tally by The Wall Street Journal of filings in those counties.

Debtors' Prison Gets a 2011 Update - WSJ.com

I wonder if Congress will have to issue arrest warrants to all those that vote against raising the debt ceiling and cause the US to default on loans and/or promised monies.

I know it seems longer and the GOP seems like the dominent political factor in the US but the GOP has had the majority in congress for about 6 months. Democrats had four years to create jobs and all they did was spend our grand kids money and pay off supporters and assorted crooks. Fannie went bust under the democrat watch. If it wasn't for the Republican base we wouldn't even be having a conversation about spending. Democrats would continue to lie like they did when Fannie was going under and then blame Bush when they drove the US into bankruptcy.

Republicans had both houses and the Presidency for six straight years. The last two years of the Bush administration, Democrats had the house, but the Senate was 50 Dem, 49 Reps and one Independent. Hardly a majority, especially since you need 60 to get anything done.

AND, due to Republican deregulation, the mortgage market was moved from F/F to Wall Street which led to bringing down the economy.

All this was recent history. Republicans need to wait years before they can seriously "rewrite" history. There just hasn't been enough time passed.

you are hopeless dude....

You mean you didn't know? Seriously? I thought everyone knew this by now.

2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

The only thing I could think of was "cut taxes". But if you don't have a job, that's not a lot of help and Republicans ran on "Jobs, jobs, jobs".

So what has the leadership accomplished for the Republican base that the base can point to and say, "See"?

The people on this site that support the GOP sound as though they all have fast food jobs. A real ignorant bunch. I cannot understand their devotion.

That's not an answer. Why do you support the GOP??? You don't even live here. And if you did, I doubt if you would make much money. So what is the attraction???

It will never happen. You'll either get another dodge, get cussed out, or called names. Or maybe all three.

That's it? "Lie" and be "stupid"? And you support that?

No, I don't. Which is why I'm not a Republican, you moron. And it is the reason why I am not a Democrat.

Unlike the fools on both sides, I dislike being lied to. I dislike being manipulated.

Liar. You ALWAYS support the GOP. But you love to present yourself as someone that is so above the rest of us. All someone with a brain has to do is read your posts. You support the GOP. You hate every liberal on this site. So quit being such a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back