What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

R

rdean

In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

The only thing I could think of was "cut taxes". But if you don't have a job, that's not a lot of help and Republicans ran on "Jobs, jobs, jobs".

So what has the leadership accomplished for the Republican base that the base can point to and say, "See"?

It's OK to go all the way back to 2000.

What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

I think they extort large quantities of cash from Big Business, and launder it through unions into GOP campaign coffers.

The key belief that they can live in a capitalist system and not pay their fair share of the freight for the havoc that system creates.

In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

The only thing I could think of was "cut taxes". But if you don't have a job, that's not a lot of help and Republicans ran on "Jobs, jobs, jobs".

So what has the leadership accomplished for the Republican base that the base can point to and say, "See"?

I think the base is hoping that the right can stave off the left's desire to spend us into oblivion. Just a guess on my part though, deen'o

I think the base is hoping that the right can stave off the left's desire to spend us into oblivion. Just a guess on my part though, deen'o

That's it? What was the debt ceiling in 2000. What was it on the last day of Bush's last budget?

Anything else?

That's it? What was the debt ceiling in 2000. What was it on the last day of Bush's last budget?

Anything else?

What is it now and what will it be? anything else?
You asked a question about the base and I answered you....it's about spending money we no longer have. 40 cents of every dollar we take in goes to pay the interest, what was it under Bush?

Same tactic that the Dems use. Lie your fucking ass off and rely on stupidity to do the rest.

Same tactic that the Dems use. Lie your fucking ass off and rely on stupidity to do the rest.

That's it? "Lie" and be "stupid"? And you support that?

Anything else?

You asked a question about the base and I answered you....it's about spending money we no longer have. 40 cents of every dollar we take in goes to pay the interest, what was it under Bush?

If the unemployment rate dropped, that would bring in a lot of revenue which would go a long way toward bringing down the debt. You can "cut" all you want, but if you "cut" too much, you end up with "nothing". You have to "grow". Or that doesn't make sense?

Anything else?

What was it?

Their fervent belief that one day Republicans will criminalize poverty.

We should first quantify "base" of the RNC. The upper 10 & corporate heads, and members of the middle class with the most to lose.

You missed the question however with a lazy dodge, try again. In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

I would say Faith Based Charities, and the New Prosperity Initiative. That is about the sum total of what Bush did for the majority of his base in eight years. Most of what he claimed to do, he lied about and never funded or put it so far out in the future it would never see sunlight.

That's it? "Lie" and be "stupid"? And you support that?

No, I don't. Which is why I'm not a Republican, you moron. And it is the reason why I am not a Democrat.

Unlike the fools on both sides, I dislike being lied to. I dislike being manipulated.

We should first quantify "base" of the RNC. The upper 10 & corporate heads, and members of the middle class with the most to lose.

You missed the question however with a lazy dodge, try again. In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

I would say Faith Based Charities, and the New Prosperity Initiative. That is about the sum total of what Bush did for the majority of his base in eight years. Most of what he claimed to do, he lied about and never funded or put it so far out in the future it would never see sunlight.

It's rdean... why would I waste effort responding with any reasoned argument? He's nothing more than a partisan hack... and not a very clever one.

I'm no more interested in the fantasy policies of the GOP than I am interested in the fantasy policies of the Democrats. Both 'sides' are full of shit.

Their fervent belief that one day Republicans will criminalize poverty.

I agree. One day, people will not be allowed to buy anything from McDonalds....

Wait...I have to re-think that opinion....

Anything else?

What was it?

Look it up....I'm not Google. :razz:

Forum List

Back