What is it about baseball?

fieldofdreamsmann.JPG

Baseball is a microcosm of all that is good and bad with America. To even comprehend America, one has to fully institutionalize the promise of the Declaration, the governance of the Constitution, Dude's 'field of dreams' of American baseball, and our historical religiosity as a people for good and bad.

The offense? The defense? The pitching? Or the whole package? :eusa_drool:

I used to love baseball until they went on strike the last time. I hardly ever watch it anymore since then. Over-paid players makes it almost impossible for a family of four to go to a game for what I would consider a reasonable cost. If you must watch it, just stay home and watch it on the tube. Much cheaper. Harder to catch a foul ball but very much cheaper.

The whole package.

Anyone who says baseball is a slow game never managed a team.

Disagree slightly.

Baseball can either be a slow game or a fast game. It depends how much you invest in it, either mentally, physically or emotionally.

I've coached a team before and game time is 2 hours of barely having a second to think.

On the other hand, I've nodded off quite happily in the bleachers on a sunny day, woken up 45 minutes later, and still enjoyed the game.

I am trying to find this quote from the movie Black Irish comparing baseball to life.
Something about how life can be going pretty bad but in the nineth inning it gives you something really good and surprises you.
I think it is the fact your team can be down by 7 and in one inning win the game.

Baseball isn't slow, as much as tedious.

You want slow, that's NASCAR. Kind of ironic considering the speeds at which they travel, but watching people drive around in a circle for 4 hours is the definition of slow.

Field of Dreams sucked stinky sweaty mongrel goat ass.

I can think of at least a half a dozen baseball movies that were far better, starting with The Natural.

The whole package.

Anyone who says baseball is a slow game never managed a team.

Disagree slightly.

Baseball can either be a slow game or a fast game. It depends how much you invest in it, either mentally, physically or emotionally.

I've coached a team before and game time is 2 hours of barely having a second to think.

On the other hand, I've nodded off quite happily in the bleachers on a sunny day, woken up 45 minutes later, and still enjoyed the game.
Nothing invests you in the game more than being a field manager, hence the statement made.

Forum List

Back