What is Heaven?

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
According to man, Heaven is the 'home' of God... or something to that idea.

According to God, Heaven is something different.

Genesis 1:6-8

"6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

"6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Read on though:

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Evidently Heaven extends past the firmament, which I'm interpreting the be the earth. Evidently this was part of Heaven before Eve's temptation in the Garden of Eden, but is no longer.

I'd have to go look it up but I seem to remember reading that after Satan is defeated and cast into the lake of fire, the earth (firmament) will be part of Heaven again.

But don't quote me.

I believe heaven is a place where your soul goes to after it has left your body after death. All is perfect there, no suffering of any kind. At least this what I LIKE to believe. But of course, NO ONE knows this for sure. On the other hand, it's comforting to think that a place like this MAY exist.

Tits and drugs and all the sins you can imagine

The descriptions of heaven that I've ever seen seem logically incoherent - but I'm open to hearing anyone's description that isn't...

Do you think any atheists will post on this thread? I would think probably NOT, at least not in an intelligent manner. We'll see......
Since you asked... Words often have multiple meanings. One meaning of heaven is everything above the earth. It is still the physical world containing clouds, rain (the heavens opened up), the sun, planets, stars, etc. Another meaning, is the spiritual world, the place of the afterlife (which I don't believe is real of course). It is not a 'place' you can find in the physical world, though it started out that way. Egyptians placed it below ground, Greeks on top of a mountain, Jews didn't really think about it at all. As we learned more about the physical world it became obvious that there was no physical heaven so the concept evolved from physical to spiritual.

Just my $0.02

Heaven is for pussies.
If you want a REAL mans afterlife, start worshipping the flying spaghetti monster.
Sex and beer! I can't wait!
In the name of the pasta, and of the sauce, and of the holy meatballs, amen.

Read on though:

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Evidently Heaven extends past the firmament, which I'm interpreting the be the earth. Evidently this was part of Heaven before Eve's temptation in the Garden of Eden, but is no longer.

I'd have to go look it up but I seem to remember reading that after Satan is defeated and cast into the lake of fire, the earth (firmament) will be part of Heaven again.

But don't quote me.
The firmament is the sky. It divides the seas from the clouds (the waters below and the waters above).

And earth and heaven are united now (Eph 1:10). That was the work of Christ.

The descriptions of heaven that I've ever seen seem logically incoherent - but I'm open to hearing anyone's description that isn't...
Heaven is where God dwells. In the temple, that was the Most Holy Place.

Heaven is the "ruling places."

Heaven is a concept that man uses to cope with the fear of death and the unknown.

Heaven is for pussies.
If you want a REAL mans afterlife, start worshipping the flying spaghetti monster.

Hell. If I wanted all that, I'd just convert to a religion whose idea of the afterlife is eternal fornication with 72 virgins.

:laugh:

Heaven is for pussies.
We’ll see how much of a big talker you are when the time comes.

Never read the catechism, huh?
I've been to Church, I've been to Church school (that's outside of regular school hours), & I've had the internet since like 1997. There's no lack of information, it's just that nobody's explained heaven to me in a logically coherent manner. It's contradictory to free will in most cases, but there's other weird explanations, too.

I've been to Church, I've been to Church school (that's outside of regular school hours), & I've had the internet since like 1997. There's no lack of information, it's just that nobody's explained heaven to me in a logically coherent manner. It's contradictory to free will in most cases, but there's other weird explanations, too.
But you have never read what the catechism states about heaven and hell, right?

82% chance I have, 18% chance that I haven't. Seems it wasn't very memorable, or that I should play the lotto today.

82% chance I have, 18% chance that I haven't. Seems it wasn't very memorable, or that I should play the lotto today.
We both know that’s bullshit.

We both know that’s bullshit.
No, that's what you have to believe to appease your "hurr dee durr," because that's how you internet. If you think there's some "aha" about what the catechism states about heaven, you're free to babble it away...OBVIOUSLY.

Forum List

Back