What Is "Greed"?

Greed is what the guy that partied from age 17-25, was given a trophy for coming in last place on his soccer teams from age 5-12, has never worked a day in his life, borrowed $75K for his degree in Greek Mythology, was given a computer and a car and a cell phone for doing nothing cries when he graduates or quits college and figures out that the guy that worked his ass off since middle school has a hell of a lot more than him.
Greed is a liberal word for jealousy and envy.

Greed means different things to different people.

Just as liberals often see a greed motive in corporations, conservatives see greed as the motive for unions and politicians.

laziness and theft is the motive for unions and politicians.

The OWS movement rails about "greed", like we can outlaw an emotion.
But what is greed? Is someone who works hard because he wants to get ahead greedy? I don't think anyone would say so.
It seems greed is wanting money that legitimately doesn't belong to you. I can be as greedy as I want, but unless someone gives me money voluntarily then it doesn't do much. If I deceive someone, then I am a criminal. But if I deliver on what I've promised then I've earned my money.
By that definition the OWS crowd are the greedy ones. They demand their student loans get paid off, yet they've done nothing to deserve that. They demand--well, I dont know what they want. Neither do they. But demanding someone else's money is greed.

Ah yes, greed is good. The Randian Philosphy. And really admirable men murder and dismember 12 year old girls.

But what is greed? Is someone who works hard because he wants to get ahead greedy? I don't think anyone would say so.
It seems greed is wanting money that legitimately doesn't belong to you. I can be as greedy as I want, but unless someone gives me money voluntarily then it doesn't do much. If I deceive someone, then I am a criminal. But if I deliver on what I've promised then I've earned my money.
By that definition the OWS crowd are the greedy ones. They demand their student loans get paid off, yet they've done nothing to deserve that. They demand--well, I dont know what they want. Neither do they. But demanding someone else's money is greed.

Ah yes, greed is good. The Randian Philosphy. And really admirable men murder and dismember 12 year old girls.
....And, Herr Ryan eventually delivers.....

...."conservatives" warned (everyone-ELSE) about!!

Greed would be the obsessive belief that somehow someone else is going to provide your wants and needs in life to you no matter how unearned, undeserved or unmerited.....................

Nobody owes you a thing

Greed is simply wanting more than you need for your survival and comfort.

Can greed result in something good? Sure. If Steve Jobs had quit after acquiring all the money he needed to survive we would not have all the other people who work for Apple with jobs whose own survival has been improved, and we would not have the i-Phone and other products which make all our lives more comfortable.

Can greed result in something bad? Sure. We have federal legislation which unjustly redistributes wealth from the common man into the pockets of a select few. This redistribution has resulted in open theft and a crashed economy and many millions thrown out of work whose survival is threatened.

The trick is differentiating the two, and providing an infrastructure and regulatory environment which rewards the former and restricts the latter.

The problem we have on the political landscape right now is that there is no differentiating going on. Those who attack "the rich" are attacking the innocent and guilty alike, wanting to impose a raft of regulations, many of which would harm free enterprise. Those who defend "the rich" are defending the scum and the hardworking alike, opposing all regulation, including those that would prevent theft and unnatural wealth redistribution.

Everything has been boiled down to simplistic bumper sticker logic, with neither position being tenable.

Last edited:
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs........." Karl Marx

Anything more then minimal bread, water and housing should be confiscated by progressive bureaucrats to give to their numerous pet projects............"fairly" of course

For the public good !!!!

Greed would be the obsessive belief that somehow someone else is going to provide your wants and needs in life to you no matter how unearned, undeserved or unmerited.....................
Uhhh......yeahhhhhhhh......that sounds exactly like that would be Donald Trump's Mission Statement.

eusa_doh.gif

I'm guessin' you're not quite outta Jr. High, yet, right??

When you can't win with logic and the facts, then peddle cheap smears.

That's all you got.

Greedy is as greedy does.

If you truly don't know what greed means than nobody is going to be able to explain it to you.

In other words, you can't explain it.

The whole point of this thread is to demonstrate that weasels who accuse everyone having a better time in life of "greed" are blowing hot gas out their ass.

No, that is not a definition.
Greed is wanting something that doesn't belong to you rightly. If I plot to cheat people out of their life savings, that's greed. If I plan to start a business to help people grow their life savings and expect to make a million dollars doing it then that isn't greed. It isn't because I'll work very hard for it and must show results to get that kind of income. You could call the second case ambition.

Other peoples inheritances can be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo UNFAIR to the rest of society and should be shared..........lol

Can greed result in something good? Sure. If Steve Jobs had quit after acquiring all the money he needed to survive we would not have all the other people who work for Apple with jobs whose own survival has been improved, and we would not have the i-Phone and other products which make all our lives more comfortable.

Can greed result in something bad? Sure. We have federal legislation which unjustly redistributes wealth from the common man into the pockets of a select few. This redistribution has resulted in open theft and a crashed economy and many millions thrown out of work whose survival is threatened.

The trick is differentiating the two, and providing an infrastructure and regulatory environment which rewards the former and restricts the latter.

The problem we have on the political landscape right now is that there is no differentiating going on. Those who attack "the rich" are attacking the innocent and guilty alike, wanting to impose a raft of regulations, many of which would harm free enterprise. Those who defend "the rich" are defending the scum and the hardworking alike, opposing all regulation, including those that would prevent theft and unnatural wealth redistribution.

Everything has been boiled down to simplistic bumper sticker logic, with neither position being tenable.
....As-long-as the 1%ers are managing/regulating any-and-all dialogue.

Balance is not all THAT difficult to arrange....as-long-as White Winger rhetoric doesn't drown-out.....

Greed is wanting something that doesn't belong to you rightly. If I plot to cheat people out of their life savings, that's greed. If I plan to start a business to help people grow their life savings and expect to make a million dollars doing it then that isn't greed. It isn't because I'll work very hard for it and must show results to get that kind of income. You could call the second case ambition.

You gotta understand, the turds need a definition of greed that includes simply being rich. Otherwise, how can they justify looting the wealthy? They need to define simply having money as a crime. Before you can destroy a group of people they have to be demonized, just like the Nazis demonized the Jews prioer to WW II.

How DARE they be rich when sooooooooooooooooo many are strugggling to get by.................

They are owed !!!!!!!!!

Briefly stated, greed is the mental condition in which the concept of having enough is totally obscure. Ambition is one thing, greed is quite another.

Catholicism regards greed as a sin. Many behaviorists regard it as a mental disorder. A psychologically normal, spiritually moral individual is acutely aware of what greed is and has no need to pose philosophical questions about it.

An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth

greed - definition of greed by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

A selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed

Greed - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food

Definition for greed - Oxford Dictionaries Online (World English)

Liberal politicians should decide for the folks when their basic needs are met and confiscate the rest.......................for the people

Forum List

Back