What Is "Greed"?

What Is "Greed"?

My current definition is hedge funds and energy speculators manipuating the oil markets when they have zero business being there in the 1st place. They add no value and are destructive to the extreme of causing food riots in 3rd world countries. Lech's are they all.

The OWS movement rails about "greed", like we can outlaw an emotion.
But what is greed? Is someone who works hard because he wants to get ahead greedy? I don't think anyone would say so.
It seems greed is wanting money that legitimately doesn't belong to you. I can be as greedy as I want, but unless someone gives me money voluntarily then it doesn't do much. If I deceive someone, then I am a criminal. But if I deliver on what I've promised then I've earned my money.
By that definition the OWS crowd are the greedy ones. They demand their student loans get paid off, yet they've done nothing to deserve that. They demand--well, I dont know what they want. Neither do they. But demanding someone else's money is greed.

According to the liberal lexicon, "greed" is the condition of anyone who's got what you want and can't get.

The answer then, is to become rich! Anyone can do it. If a couple of kids fidding in the garage can create Microsoft or Apple, it can be done.

Not by the lazy, but it can be done.

The battle cry of the left is GIMMMEEEEE.
Why is Bill Gates calling for higher taxes on the 1%?

Gates already made his money. Raising taxes on high incomes won't hurt him that much. Income taxes prevent people from becoming rich, not from being rich.

Last edited:
Greed is defined by Bill Gates and Khazarian bankers hijacking our financial system, and gangster politicians like the Chicago Mob's Barack Obama hijacking America

But what is greed? Is someone who works hard because he wants to get ahead greedy? I don't think anyone would say so.
It seems greed is wanting money that legitimately doesn't belong to you. I can be as greedy as I want, but unless someone gives me money voluntarily then it doesn't do much. If I deceive someone, then I am a criminal. But if I deliver on what I've promised then I've earned my money.
By that definition the OWS crowd are the greedy ones. They demand their student loans get paid off, yet they've done nothing to deserve that. They demand--well, I dont know what they want. Neither do they. But demanding someone else's money is greed.

Cisco? That you???? How are things out on the fork? Still trying to get your 15 minutes of fame? Still think 'fair tax' is going to fly?: :lmao:

Last edited:

Like you a lot, but is that a comb over???

Greedy is as greedy does.

If you truly don't know what greed means than nobody is going to be able to explain it to you.

323.png

Gee.....how profound, Goober.​

March 16, 2012

Herding Pig$ To D.C.

"For Geoff Smart, a leadership consultant and bestselling author, the most effective strategy for reshaping policy is to reshape government itself. He would like to see more business leaders take a sabbatical from corporate life to do stints in the public sector at all levels of government. Smart argues that, rather than run for office, a strategy that’s had mixed results, leaders need to apply their skills within the bureaucracy of government itself."

romney-gekko.jpg

Last edited:
Greed is when you have a 20 gallon cooler of GatorAid and the 3rd string benchwarmers drink it all before halftime.
Greed is when you are out on the flats bayfishing and you have had a 125 pound tarpon on for 30 minutes and newbie sea legs drinks the last 3 brews in the cooler before you boat your fish.
Greed is when you are wealthy and lobby your representatives for special tax breaks because you are over 60 years of age.

If you truly don't know what greed means than nobody is going to be able to explain it to you.

We already knew you couldn't explain it, but it's not because of any problem with your audiences powers of understanding.

Greed is Wall Street destroying the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

link?

What Is "Greed"?

March 23, 2012

"At this moment, tens of thousands of Americans in Iraq, Afghanistan and all over the world are under arms and in peril, engaged in conflicts that serve only to prolong this terrible, endless age of war. At this moment, millions of innocent people are cowering somewhere because of it.

Make no mistake: someone is, at this moment, bathing in riches at the expense of those soldiers, their families, and the untold scores of civilians whose only crime was getting in the way of the first, best, and biggest payday of this new century. The last ten years have been a festival of profit-taking for a small collection of people you will never meet."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHGCZC6EQs]Iraq War Profiteers: Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
Greed is the ethics code of all the ex-Goldman Sachs executives now employed by the Obama administration.

Greed means different things to different people.

Just as liberals often see a greed motive in corporations, conservatives see greed as the motive for unions and politicians.

Forum List

Back