What Is "Greed"?

The answer then, is to become rich! Anyone can do it. If a couple of kids fidding in the garage can create Microsoft or Apple, it can be done.

Not by the lazy, but it can be done.
Are you saying anyone who really puts nose to grindstone can conceive of and produce something equal in universal value to electric light, the automobile, or the microcomputer?

Do you also believe that everyone harbors a compelling wish to be rich? If so, reality holds that while most people might casually muse about leading a life of idle luxury the real American Dream is simply a nice home with sufficient income to properly raise children and to pay all the bills.

So just what do you consider as being "rich?"

The battle cry of the left is GIMMMEEEEE.
As for that pervasive belief among brainwashed corporatist acolytes, I believe I qualify as being left of the political center. But there is nothing I need or want anyone to give me.

The same applies to my friends and acquaintances of similar political persuasion. But I am aware of an increasing number of formerly working class Americans who in recent years have been made jobless and homeless through no fault of their own. And I wonder if this is the category you are alluding to. If so, please be more specific about who is making unreasonable requests or demands -- and on whom?

Last edited:
Greed is thinking you are owed the money earned by another just because you exist.
No. That is stupidity.

Greed is insatiable appetite. Gluttony. Avarice. It is never having enough. Always wanting more, even when there is no reasonable need for more.

Then greed is the normal condition of mankind because human wants are insatiable. That's a basic principle of economics. Given a choice between having more and having less, a human will always choose having more.

Forum List

Back