CDZ What is going to replace communication & collaboration?

Start actually following federalism, and stop trying to go with a one size fits all approach to governance.
To get to that point, minds would have to be changed.

How do we make that happen without communication or collaboration?

There will have to be a fight, then a winner and a loser. It may not be a physical fight, but there will have to be one.

Besides, federalism is the natural enemy of the current progressive statist, who wants as much power as far away from the people as possible.

It's the only way they get to implement their policies.

It was in 1787 during a stifling hot Philadelphia summer that a large number of passionate Americans with wildly differing views, agendas, backgrounds and opinions came together to write (what I, at least, would consider to be) the greatest document ever written by Man.

This was back in the days when communication and collaboration were considered positive things, back when we felt that something good and creative and NEW could come from working together.

Now that communication and collaboration have given way to tribalism and separation, what do you think America looks like going forward? How do we manifest creativity and new ideas without communication and collaboration?

Usually when I pose a question in an OP I also offer my answer. I don't have an answer. I don't know.
350px-Scene_at_the_Signing_of_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States.jpg

I have a simple answer. If it involves other people in any way, there can be no innovation or progress made in much of anything that without communication and corroboration as well as most likely cooperation and compromise. Also there will be no objectives. No goals. No success.

There will have to be a fight, then a winner and a loser. It may not be a physical fight, but there will have to be one.
There would only have to be a fight because we chose not to collaborate and create.

Maybe another research exercise for me would be to find out when and how this current binary, all-or-nothing, winner-take-all mentality arose on a national scale. I have my suspicions, but I truly have no idea how either "side" could become convinced that they could "win".

There would only have to be a fight because we chose not to collaborate and create.

Maybe another research exercise for me would be to find out when and how this current binary, all-or-nothing, winner-take-all mentality arose on a national scale. I have my suspicions, but I truly have no idea how either "side" could become convinced that they could "win".

It's because the current arguments are really down to all or nothing. Either you have 2nd amendment rights, or you don't. Either abortion is legal, or it isn't. Either government gets bigger or it doesn't.

It's because the current arguments are really down to all or nothing. Either you have 2nd amendment rights, or you don't. Either abortion is legal, or it isn't. Either government gets bigger or it doesn't.
The only issue that is absolute is abortion, and there are ways that both ends could bend somewhat.

A few regulations wouldn't negate the 2nd Amendment. The size, scope, cost and efficiency of government exist on a continuum. Taxes exist on a continuum. Even health care exists on a continuum.

The problem here is that people won't bend an inch, and therefore have no reason to communicate.

This is an issue of ego and ideology, not principle.

The only issue that is absolute is abortion, and there are ways that both ends could bend somewhat.

A few regulations wouldn't negate the 2nd Amendment. The size, scope, cost and efficiency of government exist on a continuum. Taxes exist on a continuum. Even health care exists on a continuum.

The problem here is that people won't bend an inch, and therefore have no reason to communicate.

This is an issue of ego and ideology, not principle.

People who support RKBA have compromised enough. In NYC I have to pay $600 and wait 3-6 months just to keep a revolver in my own home.

People wanting more gun control don't realize the only thing that would work is total confiscation and a ban on private ownership. And even then it would only work if we then regulated every single mill, press, lathe and 3-d printer in the country.

Forum List

Back