What is going on?

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
What the Hell is going on? I turned on C-Span this morning and on both they had Chinese TV!! WHAT? C-Span 1 had childrens shows and C-Span 2 had China news. Are they getting us used to China or what, no english subtitles either.
Did anybody else see it this moringing?:evil::evil::evil:

What the Hell is going on? I turned on C-Span this morning and on both they had Chinese TV!! WHAT? C-Span 1 had childrens shows and C-Span 2 had China news. Are they getting us used to China or what, no english subtitles either.

I had it on all channels except for local channels on my dish service.

Do you have Dish Network?

Rick

Yes, I have dish network. I only had it on c-span. You had it on all channels? Damn, WTF?
What is really going on here? Makes you wonder ...

Last edited:
Yes, I have dish network. I only had it on c-span. You had it on all channels? Damn, WTF?
What is rally going on here? Makes you wonder ...

Well, all of the channels that I paged through before I left for work this morning. FX was some Chinese shopping channel, TBS was just a blank screen with a loud beep. Anyway, I think you get the picture, most of the channels I paged through were in Chinese and the only ones that I noticed were ok were the local ABC, NBC, CBS affiliates.

Rick

We have privatized our government to China?

Maybe. Perhaps trying to teach us chinese? HA HA
Getting us used to the culture with their wonderful looking food? YUK!! They showed battered fried fish with the feelers and wiskers still on it. :eek:

I'll tell you whats going on...........
you murkins والداعر البلهاء التي يملكها الآن من قبل أولئك الشيوعيين الشر..... كنت اكره الكثير إلا
إذا كنت تحتاج لأموال التي يت

Chineese food is a lot better than Tacos. Lots of vegies, NO BEANS, and it is healthier.

I think Dish network noticed how lame US TV is, and so tried to give you something better. Where is your gratitude?

Chineese food is a lot better than Tacos. Lots of vegies, NO BEANS, and it is healthier.

I think Dish network noticed how lame US TV is, and so tried to give you something better. Where is your gratitude?

No beans, but they do have those creepy little mutant ears of corn.

Sorry, but I don't think eating fish with their heads still on is very healthy food.
There are no beans in tacos.
They could have at least put up subtitles. So - no I'm not grateful.

I wouldn't know and I couldn't care.

I've never watched C-Span, nor will I.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : DISH Taken Over

DISH Taken Over
By Reid Collins on 8.10.10 @ 10:04AM

Imagine turning on your television set in the morning and there is a Mullah offering prayer in Arabic!

You turn to the next channel and there are Chinese, speaking Chinese. The NASA channel again is in a foreign language!

First thought: we have been taken over. Second thought: but, why in a couple of languages?

Finally, DISH TV admits they have gotten their TV receptions fouled up and are re-transmitting material from other countries! A technician assures me this will all get straightened out in "about an hour."...

One more:

Viewers report foreign languages on Dish Network | KY3 News, Weather, Sports - Springfield, MO | Local News

Viewers report foreign languages on Dish Network
by Paul Adler, KY3 News

Story Published: Aug 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM CDT
Story Updated: Aug 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM CDT

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Viewers are calling the KY3 Newsroom and posting information on our KY3 Ozarks Today Facebook page about getting the wrong channels on Dish Network on Tuesday morning. Some of the channels are apparently in Chinese, Arabic and other languages.

Ted Helms told us on Facebook, "Several of my channels above the locals are in some strange language."

Another Facebook friend told us, "Mine is messed up! Almost all of them are in a foreign language."

A reporter had an online chat with a Dish representative named Kathy.

"I do apologize that this has happened. I know how frustrating this can be. This is a known issue that we are currently aware of. At this time, we do not have a timeline for resolution, however we are working to correct the issue," she said.

"Do you know what's causing the problem?" the reporter asked.

"As this is a technical issue I request you to please wait for couple of hours as our technical department is working to fix the issue," Kathy replied.

When we learn more from Dish about the problem, we'll let you know.

C span is cool. You see the truth with only one level of sensationalization ot of context spin on it.
It picks up another layer or two once it goes thru the media.

Forum List

Back