What is going on in Haiti???

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
NONE of the supplies sent there are getting to the people who need them. There are stories all over the news trumpeting Obama's response yet none of the medical supplies, food and other aid has reached anyone. The 72 hour timeline has come and gone.

NONE of the supplies sent there are getting to the people who need them. There are stories all over the news trumpeting Obama's response yet none of the medical supplies, food and other aid has reached anyone. The 72 hour timeline has come and gone.

It's ok to have political disagreements. but this has nothing to do with Obama. Stop it. Haiti doesn't even have proper equipment to offload supplies. No heavy machinery... nada.

Don't make this political. It isn't.

I agree. It should not be political. It is a disaster of biblical proportions. It's just plain heartbreaking

So was Katrina,, don't repeat the Katrina madness.

Don't shoot the messenger...watch the news...all I'm seeing is stories about people screaming for help and people digging out bodies...NOT ONE STORY showing aid being distributed.

and FYI...it was already politicized by the MSM as a contrast to the Katrina response.

These are people who had nothing to begin with, and what little infrastructure they had has been pretty much destroyed. With the obvious response coordinators on the ground (the already existing UN staff who would have been familiar both with the area and to the various NGOs and nationals on the ground) killed, missing and injured, they have to build their coordination efforts practically from scratch. It's heartbreaking, but please don't slam people who are trying to do the right thing with nothing because they have nothing to work with. They seem to be doing the best they can.

Don't shoot the messenger...watch the news...all I'm seeing is stories about people screaming for help and people digging out bodies...NOT ONE STORY showing aid being distributed.

and FYI...it was already politicized by the MSM as a contrast to the Katrina response.

Gotcha. It is a good question, just consider where they are and what they don't have. There's your answer.

Yes we know. Leave that behavior to the Perfect People and behave the way you know you should behave.

The only place I could find a story about aid reaching the people was Huffington...and obscure AP story saying aid was slowly reaching survivors....not one story in the MSM.

Everyone's doing the best they can. At least tears of racism won't be seen this time around and we have to take account the obstacles that are faced here. A country that had very little order to begin with and is now in complete disarray.

Our country and its people are doing fantastic! Kudos! :clap2:

this is nothing like katrina which was in our country and in which FEMA failed miserably.

again, stop it. you're too smart to sound this silly.

and yes, things suck in Haiti...but not because the president isn't doing his job.

I know you think it's cute to say that if bush was guilty of something, obama must be too. but facts don't bear it out.. no matter how many times the same lies are repeated.

:cuckoo:

Everybody knows the Perfect People behaved Perfectly Horribly during Katrina.. President Bush like the obamalama did his best..

they need to just shrink wrap a bunch of supplies in bundles and drop them down by helicopter in the needed areas and let them fend 4 themselves till help can get to them or drop pamphlets telling them water will be dropped in certain places with food and PLENTY more is coming...SOMETHING has to be done for GOODNESS SAKES! :(

did you read Ollie's explanations the other night? about rioting? first they should repel down security troops,, and cordon off an area and then send down the water and the food..

Rollings in Haiti

"Finally, it’s way, way easier to do the right thing when you have an example to follow. There are a lot of Haitians that have good in them, but are afraid to do the right thing. Our own experiences in Haiti are proof that no good deed goes unpunished, so to speak. In Haiti, the politicians work to fill their own pockets, but not to advance the country or help the people to feed themselves. There is not a single document or government function I can think of as I sit here that doesn’t require bribes to be paid. Our own adoption of Olivia has taken two years (so far) because we haven’t been willing to put money in pockets. Successful businessmen in Haiti stay that way by worrying about their own affairs and not worrying about Haiti’s “unsolvable” problems. They work within the corruption instead of fighting against it. If the typical Haitian countryman seems selfish, it’s because he’s taken his example from the country’s leaders."

The same problem here is the US and around the globe is people become accustom to working within the corruption instead of fighting it.

did you read Ollie's explanations the other night? about rioting? first they should repel down security troops,, and cordon off an area and then send down the water and the food..

no i did not read ollie's post willow....

i think they need to drop smaller individual packets, even among the crowds, as long as they FLOOD them with it, things will not get that bad....they need all helicopters dropping it at once in a few areas at a time...

to let them all die or be depraved because of ''the fear'' of chaos is absurd imho....the helicopters don't have to even touch the ground....also they could unload a bunch of food and water at undisclosed sites, spread it out in bundles over a distance then drop pamphlets in the city nearby on the different spots to go for it.... it has to be saturated with supplies....an overflow, to keep the violence to a minimum.

there's tons that could be done....

no i did not read ollie's post willow....

i think they need to drop smaller individual packets, even among the crowds, as long as they FLOOD them with it, things will not get that bad....they need all helicopters dropping it at once in a few areas at a time...

to let them all die or be depraved because of ''the fear'' of chaos is absurd imho....the helicopters don't have to even touch the ground....also they could unload a bunch of food and water at undisclosed sites, spread it out in bundles over a distance then drop pamphlets in the city nearby on the different spots to go for it.... it has to be saturated with supplies....an overflow, to keep the violence to a minimum.

there's tons that could be done....

you got some reading to do.. lady,, I started a thread the other night about this very issue and the Perfect People got vile and obscene about it. The water and the food is sooooooo close yet sooooooo far... FOX showed some footage of a helicopter dropping packets,, "away from the crowd" an riot ensued anyway,,

New Topics

Forum List

Back