What is God?

Jun 29, 2004
I came across a concept that God is the sum of the consciousness and a sum of life force of all living beings, meaning that we all create God. That would imply that God is within all of us, and not a separate, superior being. We all essentially would be “Gods” and our own creators. For instance, the prayers and asking for forgiveness would be directed to all humanity, and not to a separate, superior being. (Doesn’t all that fly against the general Christian teachings about God?)

That concept made me wonder what God is. What is your vision of God? Is God a thing, a being, a spirit, something that is everpresent anywhere, superior being, etc…? How did you come to believe that particular vision?

Serious answers, please. The argument is not if God exists but rather what God is for you if you are a believer.

Actually I won't gossip in god existence
But actually god isn't a human being or even I being we all don't know who he is exactly
But let me ask would it make different with you if you who is he
I don't think so cuz as you said you believe in his existence
So I think we should not ask who is him cuz we wont ever know how is he look like or even what is him
So this question doesn't make any sense to any one cuz no one can answer it
And add to this
that no human can be God you cant pray for human for example , "because you are both from the same kind and you will ask your self , why don't he pray for you" so no human can be god, and as theory god cant be human
Did you got my point
so Allah for me is Allah the one who create every thing in this world and he is justice he is the one who control every thing in this life he know the past the future and the present, he is the one who make you think make you feel he create you and me and him and her and it.
Let me ask you something don’t we say that if you done something bad to somebody something bad will be done to you, and human don't interfere with that, it’s the justice from Allah,

Sura 023. Al-Mu'minûn
71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder. And sometime they don’t have their punish in the life, but there is a justice in the other life after death

Sura 003. Aal-'Imrân
66. Verily, you are those who have disputed about that of which you have knowledge. Why do you then dispute concerning that which you have no knowledge? It is Allâh Who knows, and you know not.

Sura 021. Al-Anbiyâ'
22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allâh, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allâh, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

So their shouldn't be more than one god, so there is no human god or human son of god cuz Allah isn't a human. And as long as you believe in him you shouldn't have seen him
It's like that you believe that there is an outer space but have you seen all the galaxies in the universe
this is my thought abou allah my friend

If God had a name, what would it be? And would you call it to his face? If you were faced with him in all his glory, what would you ask if you had just one question? If God had a face what would it look like? And would you want to see if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets?

God is a warm breeze on a summer day.
God is a smile on the face of a child with red hair and down's syndrome
God is a stack of banana nut pancakes on a weekday afternoon, with fox news on tv and Rush on the radio.
God is my antidepressant prescription.

God is cool.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
-=d=- said:
If God had a name, what would it be? And would you call it to his face? If you were faced with him in all his glory, what would you ask if you had just one question? If God had a face what would it look like? And would you want to see if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets?

Dear God, hope you got the letter and ...
I pray you can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat from
God,
I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you but ...
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image
See them Þghting in the street
'Cause the can't make opinions meet about
God
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear God don't know if you've noticed but ...
Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
And all the people that you made in your image
Still believing this junk is true
Well I know it ain't, and so do you, dear God
I can't believe in
I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps to compound
That Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there you'd perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in

It's you
Dear God

I don't share the atheistic sentiment of this song. I just think it's a good song.

-=d=- said:

When did Lisa Loeb join the board?

:D

-=d=- said:
shortly after Joan Osborne maybe? ;)

You say I only hear what I want to
I don't listen hard
I don't pay attention to the distance that you're running or to
Anyone, anywhere
I don't understand if you really care
I'm only hearing negative, no no no...

-=d=- said:

It would be God, but with a Newfy accent.

And ya i'd call him it, if he created us then he would be like a family memeber or friend.

I would ask him the meaning of life.

He would look like someone/thing you would recognize and like, basically whatever you want god to look like.

Yes.

"Though you amass navies of full fleeted worlds, there is something in here (he pounds on his chest) that remains indifferent, but come in thine lowest form as love and I will immediately bend down and worship thee." - Ahab

What is God? Who is God?

I believe God is something different to and for each person. Religion aside, God is the comfort that we have when everything else in our world seemingly goes wrong. God was that force beside me that kept me calm when the drs said my kidneys were failing and that w/o the dialysis that I continually denied I would die.
God was the spark of miracle that proved that theory wrong.

God is the example of Love that we should all follow....Thats all.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
MrMarbles said:
God is what you make it.

You're right. I know people who make their spouse their god. And some people worship money, power, fame, beauty....

rtwngAvngr said:
God is a warm breeze on a summer day.
God is a smile on the face of a child with red hair and down's syndrome
God is a stack of banana nut pancakes on a weekday afternoon, with fox news on tv and Rush on the radio.
God is my antidepressant prescription.

God is cool.

RWA is cool too!!!!

Forum List

Back