What is freedom, according to Iragi's?

exit polls are very flawed. But when the number broadcast in the media is 20,000 and this study finds 190,000, the huge discrepancy does seem to indicate something. Unless you are a brainwashed conservative idealogue, of course.

wallyvon said:
the war was worth it, even though there were no wmd's, no terrorists, and no threat from saddam?

typical conservative re-rational thinking. 2 years ago, given these hypotheticals, you would not have given this answer.

no terrorists?! Are you joking?

The WHOLE POINT was that Saddam was not a threat! Better to squash these bugs when they are just that, then when they actually DO pose a threat!

by killing all you do is create more hatred for our country. THAT is the point. If we were to pause time, and kill everyone who hated america, when we pressed play there would immediately be more people that hate america than before we started. THAT is the point. Understand?

wallyvon said:
by killing all you do is create more hatred for our country. THAT is the point. If we were to pause time, and kill everyone who hated america, when we pressed play there would immediately be more people that hate america than before we started. THAT is the point. Understand?

They hate us anyway. Did you miss that? OBL and al-Qaeda hate us because we are infidels. Saddam hates us because we wouldn't play the Oil-for-Bribes shell game, we wouldn't let him have nukes, etc. Iran, the Taliban, etc. all hate us because we are a free country that doesn't force our citizens to worship Allah and the Meteor from Mecca. Does that register in your DU-poisoned mind?

i know that. we can't just kill them because they hate us. Saddam wasn't a threat, he never would have been, but now we've created a whole generation of terrorists. This president will be responsible for us getting nuked in the next 20 years.

wallyvon said:
i know that. we can't just kill them because they hate us. Saddam wasn't a threat, he never would have been, but now we've created a whole generation of terrorists. This president will be responsible for us getting nuked in the next 20 years.

Actually, if we destroy the terrorist networks that are in place (which the US military is doing right now) then we will stand a smaller chance of getting nuked.

will you still be chanting that when you are being incinerated in an attack? I bet you will, since it isn't an original thought, just bullshit karl rove pulled on all you guys.

Psychoblues said:
They don't care much about the farmland "subsidies" that so many Americans enjoy due to restrictive laws that enable them, not to mention the industrial ones. They especially despise military subsidies that have so long encumbered them. They particularly oppose medical intervention when so many of their own have graduated from American Medical Universities yet refuse to support American intervention into Iragi national affairs. It's a quagmire to say the least. I won't even go into Iragi resentment on the religious interventions of Americans. But at their best, Iragi's do embrace freedom.

We pat ourselves on the back when we subsidize certain businesses to ascertain their success despite freemarket failure on their parts. Think about the Chrysler bailout. Considering the common American taxpayer contributions to the American cotton industries success, the unfairness is staggering. Yet, now we are somehow unable to compete in the world market for producing good blue jeans, or even pajamas. Only recently have we become aware of the state and local tax-breaks that WalMart has received to ascertain their success to the tremendous expense of the rest of us, the small retailers and even small manufacturers. Even their English Perfect customer service reps are located in India, for Christ's sake.

America was built on self preservation in this old man's opinion. The forsaking of our self preservation principles in the interest of corporate profit is more than sinful. It's disgusting to discover the power of complex and confusing advertising and bought and paid for media/journalistic intervention has so adversely affected our collective thinking processes. A free dollar to one is somehow paid for by the rest of us and to the ultimate demise of those that provide the "free dollar" unless it is carefully surmised the outcome of that true outcome of that "free dollar". In the case of Chrysler, the Germans could feel confident their investment was sound, despite the inferiority as demonstrated in past performance. It's amazing to me how many of my "Free Market" friends drive Dodge pickups. The success of untruthful advertising American Style is upon us is all I can conclude. The discarding of the "Hemi" engineering by Ford and Chrysler many years ago was quite sound. Don't even get me bitching about the inferiorities of the K Kar, the salvation of Chrysler. But I digress.

In the interest of self preservation, Iragi's are determined to defeat their occupiers and return themselves to the freedoms that they understand and have enjoyed for thousands of years. Their ideolgy of freedom and ours is simply not compatible.

God, Allah and All The Rest, Bless America

When I was stationed in Germany, I'd came across a person of Chinese descent. She'd had traveled from China to Germany for one reason; to simply own a business. She told me that if she had the right to own a business in China, she would had stayed in China. Although she'd complained alot about the tax issues, she was still happy to be in Germany because she'd felt she was "free".

Despite your massive spelling errors, I did manage to read and understand your overall message. Freedom is more of an interpretation of one's existance an NOT an actual entity; in layman's terms, no one person is truly free.

The Iraqis never liked Saddam Hussein; however, they would rather deal with him than to have a "democracy" shoved down their throats and at the expense of their family's lives.

"Empathy is the official emotion of a true wise man"

hylandrdet said:
The Iraqis never liked Saddam Hussein; however, they would rather deal with him than to have a "democracy" shoved down their throats and at the expense of their family's lives.
Bullshit. Find me one Iraqi without an RPG on his shoulder who says that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back