What is freedom, according to Iragi's?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
They don't care much about the farmland "subsidies" that so many Americans enjoy due to restrictive laws that enable them, not to mention the industrial ones. They especially despise military subsidies that have so long encumbered them. They particularly oppose medical intervention when so many of their own have graduated from American Medical Universities yet refuse to support American intervention into Iragi national affairs. It's a quagmire to say the least. I won't even go into Iragi resentment on the religious interventions of Americans. But at their best, Iragi's do embrace freedom.

We pat ourselves on the back when we subsidize certain businesses to ascertain their success despite freemarket failure on their parts. Think about the Chrysler bailout. Considering the common American taxpayer contributions to the American cotton industries success, the unfairness is staggering. Yet, now we are somehow unable to compete in the world market for producing good blue jeans, or even pajamas. Only recently have we become aware of the state and local tax-breaks that WalMart has received to ascertain their success to the tremendous expense of the rest of us, the small retailers and even small manufacturers. Even their English Perfect customer service reps are located in India, for Christ's sake.

America was built on self preservation in this old man's opinion. The forsaking of our self preservation principles in the interest of corporate profit is more than sinful. It's disgusting to discover the power of complex and confusing advertising and bought and paid for media/journalistic intervention has so adversely affected our collective thinking processes. A free dollar to one is somehow paid for by the rest of us and to the ultimate demise of those that provide the "free dollar" unless it is carefully surmised the outcome of that true outcome of that "free dollar". In the case of Chrysler, the Germans could feel confident their investment was sound, despite the inferiority as demonstrated in past performance. It's amazing to me how many of my "Free Market" friends drive Dodge pickups. The success of untruthful advertising American Style is upon us is all I can conclude. The discarding of the "Hemi" engineering by Ford and Chrysler many years ago was quite sound. Don't even get me bitching about the inferiorities of the K Kar, the salvation of Chrysler. But I digress.

In the interest of self preservation, Iragi's are determined to defeat their occupiers and return themselves to the freedoms that they understand and have enjoyed for thousands of years. Their ideolgy of freedom and ours is simply not compatible.

God, Allah and All The Rest, Bless America

Psychoblues said:
In the interest of self preservation, Iragi's are determined to defeat their occupiers and return themselves to the freedoms that they understand and have enjoyed for thousands of years. Their ideolgy of freedom and ours is simply not compatible.

First, what the heck is Iragi?

Second, assuming you are just a poor speller, what freedoms have the Iraqi's had under Saddam that they are fighting to return themselves to?

First, an Iraqi is an inhabitant/citizen of Iraq.

Second, you haven't an opinion or sense enough to form one, why did you post?

Thirdly, the Iraqi's enjoyed plenty of freedoms under Saddam. They were free to run their farms, businesses, households, etc. That is until they were invaded by an equally political tyrant that only seeks to exploit thier resourses. That's the case WE AMERICANS have yet to dispel amongst the masses that continue to call themselves Iraqi/Arab/Muslim. You got suggestions, I want to hear them.

I apologise for insulting you.

Psychoblues said:

Thirdly, the Iraqi's enjoyed plenty of freedoms under Saddam. They were free to run their farms, businesses, households, etc. That is until they were invaded by an equally political tyrant that only seeks to exploit thier resourses. That's the case WE AMERICANS have yet to dispel amongst the masses that continue to call themselves Iraqi/Arab/Muslim. You got suggestions, I want to hear them.

Freedoms under Saddam??? You got to be kidding!

True freedom is now being given a chance in the Middle East. Our enemies recognize that as their biggest threat from America, something our liberal friends don't seem to understand.

Read this article and learn why Baghdad may soon replace Dubai as the main commercial center in the Middle East. Under Saddam it never stood a snowball's chance of becoming so successful.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-03-28-iraq-economy_x.htm

Psychoblues said:

Obviously you didnt read what you wrote then

I see, cant deal with the questions so you have to go onto personal attacks. You are the ones claiming the Iragis are fighting for the freedoms they have always had that they have lost because of the US liberation. Therefore its up to you back up your claims. I have no reason to form an opinion before you explain yours.

Suggestions for what? You havent shown a problem that needs solving. heck you havent even backed up a single solitary claim you've made. Saddams killing fields are shut down, his torture chambers and rape rooms are gone. There is power in more of Iraq than there was two years ago. There are more schools and hopsitals than ever before. People are allowed to speak their minds. They have a free market open to them now. How the people starving under a tyrannical regime somehow were free is beyond me. Why on earth do you think tyranny is somehow freedom and freedom is somehow tyranny.

BS i dont need your phone apologies. If you felt any sort of remose for anything you said you wouldnt have posted it. Go to North Korea. Im sure youd love the free society there.

Sir Evil said:
:laugh:

That's Psycho for ya! He's like, Kerry lost so I come here and Iragi on you with stupid post!

What amazes me he seems to think the freedom of this country is our subsidizing of companies. I mean has the guy ever bothered to read the Bill of rights?

If I were an Iraqi, i'd blow away as many american soldiers as I could before being killed myself. I can guarantee that.

Psychoblues said:

So do you like, have to pay Micheal Moore a quarter or somethn' every time you post?

wallyvon said:
If I were an Iraqi, i'd blow away as many american soldiers as I could before being killed myself. I can guarantee that.

Strange how an overwhelming percentage of Iraqis don't share your opinion.

You just cheer every time an evil imperialist American dies. Wohoo!

Why don't you go strap on a set and kill some Americans huh? Kill them! Blow those imperialists away! C'mon! Just get your ass to Iraq and kill some American scum! And hey, why not team up with Zarqawi? Heads will roll! Those Americans who get their heads lobbed off, they deserve it! Abu Ghraib! DEATH TO AMERICA!

I look forward to seeing you pretending to fake dead and having your brains blown out on TV.

well, part of my statement was if I were an iraqi, which implies uneducated and under-informed, so no, I'm not going to go blow away idiot american soldiers. I am in a position to discuss our ill-advised and under-prepared foreign policy. I don't cry when an american soldier dies any more than I would cry upon learning the death of an iraqi militant. All lives are equally important. Bush doesnt seem to understand that.

wallyvon said:
well, part of my statement was if I were an iraqi, which implies uneducated and under-informed, so no, I'm not going to go blow away idiot american soldiers. I am in a position to discuss our ill-advised and under-prepared foreign policy. I don't cry when an american soldier dies any more than I would cry upon learning the death of an iraqi militant. All lives are equally important. Bush doesnt seem to understand that.

No, they aren't. A psycho who cuts off people's heads, his life is not as important as an American's. Why don't you move to Iran or Cuba? You would fit in perfectly there.

whats the difference how people die, theyre still dead. We've killed as many iraqis in our war as saddam killed in his 20+ years of rule, you can go look it up. And that INCLUDES the kurdish civil war, which we had a hand in. So no, I don't care if an american dies any more than if an iraqi dies, and I think you fools who do need to re-evaluate your positions or maybe tattoo the word idiot on your foreheads.

wallyvon said:
whats the difference how people die, theyre still dead. We've killed as many iraqis in our war as saddam killed in his 20+ years of rule, you can go look it up. And that INCLUDES the kurdish civil war, which we had a hand in. So no, I don't care if an american dies any more than if an iraqi dies, and I think you fools who do need to re-evaluate your positions or maybe tattoo the word idiot on your foreheads.

Show your stats please. You make the claim, you posess the burden of proof.

If you had your way, babies would be getting murdered in front of their mothers, children would be tortured in front of their parents, and wives would be getting raped in front of their husbands right now.

And you can feel no sorrow toward a soldier fighting to end that. Tell me, what is it like to live without a soul?

I have a statistic paper in my possession which, using statistics from a sample group, much like exit polls, has discovered the true number of iraqi deaths to be around 190,000 RIGHT NOW. It is a pdf file, if you want it, email me and I'll be happy to provide it. Saddamm apparently killed about 180,000, but 140,000 were in the civil war that we basicly started. So the real number is 40,000, whoch is no small number, but still much less than what we've done.

There are alot of bad places in the world, but can you truly tell me it is worth killing close to 200,000 people to avenge the deaths of 40,000? Maybe you actually are that illogical.

wallyvon said:
I have a statistic paper in my possession which, using statistics from a sample group, much like exit polls, has discovered the true number of iraqi deaths to be around 190,000 RIGHT NOW. It is a pdf file, if you want it, email me and I'll be happy to provide it. Saddamm apparently killed about 180,000, but 140,000 were in the civil war that we basicly started. So the real number is 40,000, whoch is no small number, but still much less than what we've done.

There are alot of bad places in the world, but can you truly tell me it is worth killing close to 200,000 people to avenge the deaths of 40,000? Maybe you actually are that illogical.

bullshit. I'm not sending you my email because God knows what kind of virus your gonna send me.

Just find a reputable source on the net and post it. It can't be that hard if its true.

i dont know of any sites that have it, it was a private study done by a university.

wallyvon said:

Oh and to answer your question...yes and no.

Was the war worth it because we got rid of a terrorist enabler and a viscious dicator? yes.

Was it all to avenge the deaths of Iraqis? No.

the war was worth it, even though there were no wmd's, no terrorists, and no threat from saddam?

typical conservative re-rational thinking. 2 years ago, given these hypotheticals, you would not have given this answer.

Forum List

Back