What is fiscal responsibility?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
When Bush was President, all the Democrats in Congress were thumping their chests and saying he had no "fiscal responsibility". Now that the Democrats are in control of the Congress and White House, they are spending more money than Bush ever did. In fact, they are spending money like it's going out of style. Is it just me or does it appear that the Democrats don't have any idea what fiscal responsibility is? Maybe, they are spending so much money because they simply don't know any better.

Quite simply: Would you, as an individual, incredibly outspend your income, racking up debt wherever you possibly can? I would hope the answer is no.

So, in my opinion, fiscal responsibility is not spending more than you make, because eventually, your debtors will call in the debt.

bush-budget-2009.jpg

the cato institute - a conservative bastion.

When Bush was President, all the Democrats in Congress were thumping their chests and saying he had no "fiscal responsibility". Now that the Democrats are in control of the Congress and White House, they are spending more money than Bush ever did. In fact, they are spending money like it's going out of style. Is it just me or does it appear that the Democrats don't have any idea what fiscal responsibility is? Maybe, they are spending so much money because they simply don't know any better.

The Democrats will argue with you on that because they believe in the idea of 'spending our way out of debt'. To them, Keynesian economics works.

And since Congress controls spending, they are ultimately to blame for excesses in federal spending.

Fiscal Responsibilty is something the GOP should look up.

The National Debt was $9T when Obama got elected. Its projected to hit $20T by 2020.

Obama blew the national debt up beyond all reason. he had no right to commit so much spending beyond his 4-year term.

besides that, Obama was one of the ones who prevented Fannie & Freddie from regulations that would have prevented the severe recession. Obama can't blame anyone but hisself for the financial mess.

What is fiscal responsibility?
How about starting with not spending more than you take in and not creating money out of thin air to financial inadvisable "programs", wars, entitlements, subsidies and all the other ignorant ideas that politicians come up with that would never see the light of day if they had to actually go out and raise the money through taxation to finance them. While we're at it we might as well put government back into it's constitutional box by eliminating all the unconstitutional BS currently on the books to make that spending part a bit easier for them.

Having more money coming in than going out. In the govt's case it should be to stop spending, cut worthless govt out. There are way too many agencies, programs, enetitlements that are useless. Cut, cut, cut. The govt's ledger should be balanced. It should NOT have a massive surplus nor should it have a massive deficit.

Forum List

Back